DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/604429-breaking-bad-season-5-1-finale-gliding-over-all-9-2-12-a.html)

Rypro 525 09-02-12 10:03 PM

Re: Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12

well fuck me

JayDerek 09-02-12 10:04 PM

oh boy....

damn fine ending. The wait will be killer though

Lt Ripley 09-02-12 10:04 PM

Now we have to wait till next summer.

auto 09-02-12 10:04 PM

Man, that was a great mid season finale.

Apple Gooncha 09-02-12 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 (Post 11369262)
I kept on expecting someone to get sniped during that outdoor meal :lol:

Same here. I thought it was just as intense as any scene in the series, because I kept expecting something absolutely nuts to happen. :lol:

philly1981 09-02-12 10:05 PM

wow what a ending it sucks that we have to wait until next summer. Damn you AMC

chowderhead 09-02-12 10:05 PM

It's on! Hank is going to face Walt finally and we have to wait unti next year!

kstublen 09-02-12 10:05 PM

Yeah, that outdoor meal was ridiculously intense. I kept thinking something was going to happen to someone or a bomb was going to go off or guys were going to run up and start shooting. It also occurred to me that since the baby is walking now she could maybe get into where Walt has the ricin hidden.

The scene with Walt and Jesse talking was pretty intense too. I felt bad for Jesse because he was just waiting to be killed. Looks like Walt gave him the money he owed him. Am I alone in thinking Walt's cancer is back? That's what the scene at the doctor, the busted towel dispenser, and his visit to Jesse all seemed to point toward.

Loved the final shot of Hank putting it together. What's even better is that it's what we've all been saying all along: all the pieces were there for Hank to put together and all it took was some small thing for his mind to connect all the dots. I kept thinking something has to happen with him before the end of the episode and I'm glad they didn't disappoint. I cannot wait to see what they have in store for the remainder of the season...just sucks we have to wait an entire year. Thanks for nothing AMC.

CrashNBurn69 09-02-12 10:06 PM

can someone give me a refresher on that flashback

DJLinus 09-02-12 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Apple Gooncha (Post 11369256)
I may have to re-watch the hit in the prison earlier, but did it show the lawyer meeting his demise?

He was the first one to get it, on the phone, right?

Another interesting song choice. By the pool, Squeeze's "Up the Junction" is playing. And the end of that song the narrator's wife (and baby) leave him. Foreshadowing?

Rypro 525 09-02-12 10:07 PM

also someone mentioned that the title is based on a Walt Whitman poem

anomynous 09-02-12 10:07 PM

Gale wrote that message to Walt, there was also a copy of the exact same message in some evidence from Gale's apartment and Hank asked Walt about it

Edit: At least I think it was the same one

whotony 09-02-12 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 (Post 11369276)
also someone mentioned that the title is based on a Walt Whiteman poem

Try again.

Dr Mabuse 09-02-12 10:11 PM

This was fantastic. Man I enjoyed this one.

So glad to see Walt make it right with Jesse, discuss the old days. "I left you something" after he looked at him with that genuine smile. The doctor visit, I knew exactly what he was looking at the moment he paused.

So much to think about for the next fucking YEAR!

Apple Gooncha 09-02-12 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus (Post 11369275)
He was the first one to get it, on the phone, right?

Part of me was thinking that, but I was eating during that scene and decided not to pause it, which was a mistake on my part.

RoyalTea 09-02-12 10:15 PM

I just can't believe Walt would keep that book.

Dr Mabuse 09-02-12 10:17 PM

Lawyer got it first on the phone.

dvdjunkie32 09-02-12 10:19 PM

Awesome episode with the very first shot being a nod to hardcore fans who even love The Fly episode. And Hank connects the dots while on the shitter! lol Should I feel bad for wanting Skylar to hug Walt and forgive him when he told her he was out?

Just seems mean to make fans wait a whole year, but at least Walking Dead will take the sting out of it.

sauce07 09-02-12 10:20 PM

I really hope next season picks up right where this season left off. I want him to walk back out by the pool, sit down at the table and see the look he gives Walt.

sydonesia 09-02-12 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 11369273)
Yeah, that outdoor meal was ridiculously intense. I kept thinking something was going to happen to someone or a bomb was going to go off or guys were going to run up and start shooting. It also occurred to me that since the baby is walking now she could maybe get into where Walt has the ricin hidden.

The scene with Walt and Jesse talking was pretty intense too. I felt bad for Jesse because he was just waiting to be killed. Looks like Walt gave him the money he owed him. Am I alone in thinking Walt's cancer is back? That's what the scene at the doctor, the busted towel dispenser, and his visit to Jesse all seemed to point toward.

Loved the final shot of Hank putting it together. What's even better is that it's what we've all been saying all along: all the pieces were there for Hank to put together and all it took was some small thing for his mind to connect all the dots. I kept thinking something has to happen with him before the end of the episode and I'm glad they didn't disappoint. I cannot wait to see what they have in store for the remainder of the season...just sucks we have to wait an entire year. Thanks for nothing AMC.

Perfect ending. Walt spends millions, murders people, poisons a child, and pretty much screws up his partner's life just to cover his tracks.... all to openly leave a piece of evidence in his bathroom. Brilliant!

OldBoy 09-02-12 10:24 PM

wow! simply amazing. got the Fly reference as well and it was so cool. it keeps reminding me why this show is so cool and the best out there.

also, glad Walt made good with Jesse. not as intense as the rest of the season, but a nice way to end it and so freaking hard to wait till next year. glad i have the previous 4 seasons on Blu to watch all over again!!

PopcornTreeCt 09-02-12 10:25 PM

So freaking awesome!!

Dragon Tattoo 09-02-12 10:28 PM

"You got me." :lol:

kenny79 09-02-12 10:30 PM

Lots of references to the past, implying Walt can never fully escape it.

• fly
• Walt Whitman book
• seemed like his shower was shot like when he started losing his hair
• dented paper towel dispenser
• discussing the RV

Any others?

Sondheim 09-02-12 10:33 PM

I love the fact that the moment we've been waiting for throughout the entire series takes place on the toilet.