DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/604429-breaking-bad-season-5-1-finale-gliding-over-all-9-2-12-a.html)

OldBoy 09-01-12 10:36 AM

Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12

Day:
Sunday, Sept. 2, 2012

Time:
10:00 - 11:05pm (EST)

Channel:
http://cdn.directv.com/images/channels/logo_AMC.gif

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Walt ties up loose ends.

I am so sad its over for the year!!!!

Me007gold 09-01-12 01:41 PM

Re: Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12

Since Walt had Todd now, I wonder if he considers Jessie a loose end

Mike86 09-01-12 01:57 PM

I doubt it. I think Walt is disappointed that Jesse won't work with him anymore but I can't see him killing him or anything along those lines at this point. I'm really curious about how they'll end the season though. My guess is
Spoiler:
Hank finds out about Walt being involved with Mike leading to him piecing everything together about his involvement in the blue meth/Gus Fring operation.

Jack Straw 09-01-12 02:04 PM

I know one thing for sure, Gilligan and crew will leave us tortured and owned waiting for what comes next.

mhg83 09-01-12 03:04 PM

I'm guessing Walt makes a giant batch of Ricin and has Todd give it to his connections in Prison to distribute to the nine guys.

DthRdrX 09-01-12 03:05 PM

I hope we get something that clues us in a little more on what Walt was doing out of state buying the machine gun.

Dragon Tattoo 09-01-12 07:07 PM

It's way too soon for Hank to find out about Walt. Especially with talk of them extending next season.

Deftones 09-01-12 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11368220)
It's way too soon for Hank to find out about Walt. Especially with talk of them extending next season.

exactly. he's not going to be on the run for 8 episodes. i think Hank finds out maybe in episode 4 or 5 and the rest is him running from everyone.

Michael Corvin 09-01-12 07:40 PM

I don't think it's too soon for Hank to "find out." It doesn't have to be a Keyser Soze moment where he suddenly realizes it's Walt and then we're off to the races. It will more than likely be more organic like every other hunch he's had where he starts piecing it together.

anomynous 09-01-12 07:46 PM

I'm guessing somebody will mention the cooks and give a description of Jesse and Walt, and that'll get the ball rolling.

Mike86 09-01-12 08:04 PM

I don't think it's too early for them to start setting up the inevitable. I assume we'll get at least something where it's alluded to that he's starting to figure it out but might not have all the pieces put together and the evidence he needs to pin Walt as Heisenberg.

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11368232)
exactly. he's not going to be on the run for 8 episodes. i think Hank finds out maybe in episode 4 or 5 and the rest is him running from everyone.

I dunno. I sort of think most of next season will see Walt on the run truthfully. If it happened that far into the season it'd be kind of rushing the final episodes (if the season stays at only being eight episodes it for sure would be rushing it). Besides the last couple episodes or so I'm guessing is him returning back to Albuquerque for his revenge or whatever it is he's gearing up for.

Charlie Goose 09-01-12 10:10 PM

I can't believe it's over already. :(

It's been a great 1/2 season. :)

See you next summer! :|

Gizmo 09-01-12 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11368220)

Link? I can't find anything on extending next Season.

Matt_ 09-02-12 02:47 AM

Regarding the synopsis in the first post, on our Cox tv guide AMC has a summary that is one sentence longer than that in case anyone wants just a tiny bit longer preview
Spoiler:
Walt takes care of loose ends; Walt makes a dangerous decision

mhg83 09-02-12 06:45 AM

There's also the fact that Walt paid hanks medical bills with drug money. He'll use that as blackmail against Hank and will have some great episodes with Walt using Hank in some way.

Lokimok 09-02-12 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 11368642)
There's also the fact that Walt paid hanks medical bills with drug money. He'll use that as blackmail against Hank and will have some great episodes with Walt using Hank in some way.

Speaking of medical bills, at some point next year the cancer will return, yes? Walt was coughing in the Denny's restroom.

Dubya 09-02-12 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lokimok (Post 11368718)
Speaking of medical bills, at some point next year the cancer will return, yes? Walt was coughing in the Denny's restroom.

Spoiler:
I read an article about the opening scene of the season where Cranston said he asked Gilligan to give him some hints about what was going on there so he would have some idea of how to play the scene. He said his family was "gone" and that he was back to "protect someone." Cranston said he asked if the cancer had returned and Gilligan would not say. Now that could just be what Cranston told the press to throw off expectations for when that scene is finally explained but I would guess the cancer does come back.

Deftones 09-02-12 11:47 AM

I thought he also had a pill bottle when he was in the bathroom.

kstublen 09-02-12 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dubya (Post 11368750)
Spoiler:
I read an article about the opening scene of the season where Cranston said he asked Gilligan to give him some hints about what was going on there so he would have some idea of how to play the scene. He said his family was "gone" and that he was back to "protect someone." Cranston said he asked if the cancer had returned and Gilligan would not say. Now that could just be what Cranston told the press to throw off expectations for when that scene is finally explained but I would guess the cancer does come back.

If that's true...

Spoiler:
I can't imagine the "someone" he is returning to protect is anyone other than Jesse.

Mike86 09-02-12 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 11368767)
If that's true...

Spoiler:
I can't imagine the "someone" he is returning to protect is anyone other than Jesse.

Agreed. To me the synopsis given by Cranston seems like it would make a lot of sense for what's coming but you never know what the people involved with this show will do to throw you off the trail. I wonder
Spoiler:
if by saying that his family is "gone" that they've been killed possibly or if they're just in hiding someplace from Walt. Possibly under witness protection or something maybe. I'd probably guess the latter but again you never know with this show what they've got in store.

Raul3 09-02-12 01:26 PM

I can't wait!

Not reading any spoilers, even if they are only theories. :)

misterchimpy 09-02-12 03:54 PM

I think Walt

Spoiler:
uses the Ricin, probably on Skylar, or possibly on Marie. Gilligan previously said that Walt does something unforgivable, and this seems like the episode to do it.

Mike86 09-02-12 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by misterchimpy (Post 11368918)
I think Walt

Spoiler:
uses the Ricin, probably on Skylar, or possibly on Marie. Gilligan previously said that Walt does something unforgivable, and this seems like the episode to do it.

Spoiler:
I could definitely see something happening with the ricin. He very deliberately hid it instead of just getting rid of it. To me that seems to be telling that he's keeping it in case he may have to use it again. Using it on Skylar would make the line about his family being "gone" make some sense. I do wonder what she would do to set him over the edge though if that's the case..possibly say that she's going to tell Hank or Marie about what's going on with Walt?

Me007gold 09-02-12 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by misterchimpy (Post 11368918)
I think Walt

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
the only unforgivable things I could see him doing is killing his son, he really is the only innocent person in the whole series

anomynous 09-02-12 06:01 PM

Emo McGee isn't innocent

Spoiler:
he convinced his dad to buy him a car. At least it wasn't breakfast though