DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/604429-breaking-bad-season-5-1-finale-gliding-over-all-9-2-12-a.html)

tbird2340 09-19-12 07:26 AM

Re: Breaking Bad --> Season 5.1 Finale --> "Gliding Over All" --> 9/2/12

Great ending and good season.. I felt it was rushed compared to the others but still great none the less..

I just want to know how Walt poisoned the boy and it looks like we'll never know that one...

Xander 09-19-12 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by tbird2340 (Post 11390672)
Great ending and good season.. I felt it was rushed compared to the others but still great none the less..

I just want to know how Walt poisoned the boy and it looks like we'll never know that one...

I think it was implied that Saul did it. He was still taking money to Brock's mom from Jesse, wasn't he? Anyway, he says something about not knowing how bad it was going to be for the kid, or something like that, when he gave the ricin cigarette back to Walt.

Tommy Ceez 09-20-12 02:53 PM

Did anyone see the Walter White supercut a few weeks back tracking his progress as a character, with about 2 minutes left I had to JUMP for the pause button because they played footage that hasnt been in the show yet...specifically

Spoiler:
52nd birthday Walter talking directly into a handheld camcorder while on the run from some explosive shit. He screams "To all members of law enforcement, while this is not an admission of guilt..."

and thats where I finally stopped it. Where did this footage come from? Did I miss something in the show?

RobLutter 09-20-12 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez (Post 11392775)
Did anyone see the Walter White supercut a few weeks back tracking his progress as a character, with about 2 minutes left I had to JUMP for the pause button because they played footage that hasnt been in the show yet...specifically

Spoiler:
52nd birthday Walter talking directly into a handheld camcorder while on the run from some explosive shit. He screams "To all members of law enforcement, while this is not an admission of guilt..."

and thats where I finally stopped it. Where did this footage come from? Did I miss something in the show?

IIRC... that's from the first episode. At the very least, the first season. I remember something like that when they were still cookin' in the Winnebago.

tbird2340 09-20-12 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by RobLutter (Post 11392779)
IIRC... that's from the first episode. At the very least, the first season. I remember something like that when they were still cookin' in the Winnebago.

Yes, it's from the very first episode.. It's not 52nd birthday Walter.. It's Walter pre chemo / cancer..

Do you have a link to this video?

bluetoast 09-20-12 03:12 PM

Considering they've barely begun writing it Tommy, you have nothing to worry about in terms of new footage whatsoever.

RichC2 09-20-12 03:42 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/djaLf6bgFuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Him talking into the camcorder is indeed from season 1 when he thinks he's about to be busted. Everything in this video has been shown, no spoilers if you've seen through the mid-season finale of Season 5.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/erZqsV5UJpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Corvin 09-20-12 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez (Post 11392775)

Spoiler:

rotfl Only the first two minutes of the pilot episode.

Tommy Ceez 09-23-12 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 11392958)
rotfl Only the first two minutes of the pilot episode.

Cut me some slack...it was years ago

CaptainMarvel 09-23-12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez (Post 11396707)
Cut me some slack...it was years ago

I'd have forgotten about it myself if I hadn't just rewatched the series.

It is interesting that the series starts with Walt preparing to kill himself because he thought he was caught. I can't wait to see the other bookend for the story.

windom 10-23-12 11:16 PM

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5y_Kd9ZoA6Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5y_Kd9ZoA6Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

mhg83 12-07-12 04:38 PM

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj184/mhg83/bb1.jpg

Shazam 12-07-12 04:47 PM

Fake. He didn't end it with "bitch!"

Deftones 12-07-12 05:02 PM

what a fucking tease!

Raul3 12-07-12 05:07 PM

I can't wait.

Geofferson 12-07-12 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam (Post 11498143)
Fake. He didn't end it with "bitch!"

...or start with "Yo!"

windom 12-07-12 06:08 PM

Isn't that a very old tweet? The first episode of the final season already aired this past summer. I think I remember reading it very early this year.

Edit: Actually, here is his tweet from back in March:

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Just read the first episode of breaking bad S5 and words can not express. Shit is about to get crazy. Get ready my friends. Love you Vince!
So is he talking about having just read episode 9 of season five in the new tweet or what?

Deftones 12-07-12 06:14 PM

i'm pretty sure he means 1st episode of the final 8. technically it's one season, but maybe he's calling those last 8 as the final season.

mhg83 12-07-12 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 11498243)
Isn't that a very old tweet? The first episode of the final season already aired this past summer. I think I remember reading it very early this year.

Edit: Actually, here is his tweet from back in March:

So is he talking about having just read episode 9 o season five in the new tweet or what?

It was from Breaking Bad's facebook page posted today.

Michael Corvin 12-07-12 07:58 PM

The one above has a date stamp on it.

conscience 12-07-12 07:59 PM

Cranston also tweeted today about starting filming and he also called it the 'last' season.

Deftones 01-05-13 02:33 PM

While it's not "official", it looks like Aaron Paul tweeted that the premiere for the final 8 episodes are starting up July 14th. He has since apologized and stated that it may not be a firm date for it. So looks like we'll see a late summer premiere.

DJariya 01-05-13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 11528336)
While it's not "official", it looks like Aaron Paul tweeted that the premiere for the final 8 episodes are starting up July 14th. He has since apologized and stated that it may not be a firm date for it. So looks like we'll see a late summer premiere.

Yeah I read that AMC said that air date was wrong.

Rob V 01-05-13 04:14 PM

Finally caught up to this episode... Holy shit!! That said, why in the world would Walter keep that book from Gayle?

Michael Corvin 01-05-13 05:05 PM

Arrogance. In a life where no one(wife, family, students) appreciated him, Gayle idolized him. It was a trophy.

That being said, season 5.1 was my first watching live and I thought this break would be brutal. So far, I've had plenty to watch so it hasn't been too bad. It'll be the May-July stretch where network shows are done where I might start to get antsy.