Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: The Office -- Season Finale -- "Free Family Portrait Studio" -- 5/10/12

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Funny seeing Mos clean shaven.
Old 05-11-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had one chuckle the last 4, 5 episodes and that's Jim turning on the nitrous in his car. Granted I skipped it a few times when the Caps were playing or during the draft so maybe I missed something, like some exchange between Spader that Helms responded in the negative.
Old 05-11-12, 01:24 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
A line in the first episode about her being murdered would be hilar!
Killed by the skeleton man
Old 05-11-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
Granted I skipped it a few times when the Caps were playing or during the draft so maybe I missed something, like some exchange between Spader that Helms responded in the negative.
I think I may have missed that last part too. Can someone tell us what happened in that scene?
Old 05-11-12, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like the writing staff was so excited to get Spader, they forgot to do anything with his character. He and Nellie have truly dragged this season down as the worst the show has ever produced.

The payoff with Andy getting his job back was not satisfying, since he looked like an idiot, and David Wallace's straight man looked foolish as he played off both Andy and the over-the-top insane California (even Kevin knew what was up there), which is a shame since I always liked David playing straight man to Michael Scott's dopey boss. With Dwight, Toby (?), and Kelly leaving, we're left with Stanley (whose only role this entire season was to laugh), Kevin, Oscar (whose only role this season was to act as a gay senator's secret love interest), Meredith, Creed, Phyllis, and Angela in supporting roles. This doesn't look good
Old 05-11-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beyond
Stanley (whose only role this entire season was to laugh)
I don't know, Florida Stanley was hilarious.
Old 05-11-12, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 437 Likes on 299 Posts

I liked Spader (for the most part) this season and agree that Nellie was just terrible. There were a few laughs here and there this season but after they returned from Florida it's just been painful to watch. Have very little interest in watching this fall.
Old 05-12-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

At least we'll have Dwight for the transition period (I hope). It's going to be kind of weird to have Kelly, etc all gone without any goodbyes.
Old 05-12-12, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I don't know, Florida Stanley was hilarious.
I also liked Stanley singing "Closing Time".

Didn't like Nellie at all this season. I was totally okay with Andy getting his job back; they could have executed it better though. And hey - Darryl got the girl.
Old 05-12-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess the Darryl and the girl storyline was a Pam/Jim/Roy lite.
Old 05-12-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No big loss about Toby. Without Michael, he really has nothing to do. Even when Michael was there, he had a very minor role. Since he sits in that back part, he wasn't even in that many scnes as a background character. The only thing I remember him doing this season was the 'Kemosabe' bit a few weeks ago.

Sort of the same with Kelly. Besides her and Ryan, she really isn't in it that much.
Old 05-12-12, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Toby was the showrunner, so that is a big loss. Mindy Kaling is also a big part of the behind the scenes element, so it's a lot bigger than just their characters leaving.
Old 05-12-12, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jesus H. Christ... what a clusterfuck this episode was. Maybe the worst episode of the entire run. There's a fine line between quirky and weird and Andy firmly planted his flag on the weird side. The bit with him trying to go from janitor to the boss was just bizarre.

Perhaps the MOST bizarre thing about the episode to me was Darrell inviting the warehouse girl to come up and be in his family portrait. What the fuck?! So they haven't been on a date yet, but he's inviting her to be in a picture with his kid?!

Adios The Office.
Old 05-12-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

It was a mess but this episode actually made me laugh a few times. The quick shot of Creed with his parents getting their portrait taken was priceless. Andy's moronic plan was more bizarre than funny but I liked that it meant Nellie was getting downgraded. There's simply no way they can bring that Nellie character back: she's trying to do the Michael Scott deadpan awkward schtick but she fails miserably.
Old 05-12-12, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
Bringing back David Wallace to buy back DM and jettison all of the Sabre b.s. is a nice reset button move.

There is potential, but can they capitalize on it?

I know not many like him, but I do hope they find some way to keep Gabe around.

They sure gave Robert a creepy send-off.

I know I could have done without that Robert kissing Andy at the end
Old 05-12-12, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by beyond
Seems like the writing staff was so excited to get Spader, they forgot to do anything with his character. He and Nellie have truly dragged this season down as the worst the show has ever produced.

The payoff with Andy getting his job back was not satisfying, since he looked like an idiot, and David Wallace's straight man looked foolish as he played off both Andy and the over-the-top insane California (even Kevin knew what was up there), which is a shame since I always liked David playing straight man to Michael Scott's dopey boss. With Dwight, Toby (?), and Kelly leaving, we're left with Stanley (whose only role this entire season was to laugh), Kevin, Oscar (whose only role this season was to act as a gay senator's secret love interest), Meredith, Creed, Phyllis, and Angela in supporting roles. This doesn't look good

I wish Meredith and Kevin was leaving the show instead of Kelly and Toby. Meredith is a middle age monster and Kevin is a overweight wacko
Old 05-12-12, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Deadline Hollywood reporting that the order for next season may be 13 episodes. "After lengthy negotiations, stars Ed Helms, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer on Thursday reached what some described as agreement in principle but I hear negotiations with some of them have continued, picking up speed today with the clock ticking until NBC’s scheduling announcement tomorrow. Complicating negotiations was the fact that The Office has no showrunner in place for next season, with Paul Lieberstein leaving to run the Rainn Wilson Office spinoff, which he co-created with the actor. I hear the show will accommodate the stars’ feature engagements, including Helms’ upcoming third Hangover movie. As of two days ago, fellow cast member B.J. Novak, whose deal also is up, was not in discussions, but he has a dual role on the series as an actor and writer/executive producer."
Old 05-12-12, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Finisher
Deadline Hollywood reporting that the order for next season may be 13 episodes. "After lengthy negotiations, stars Ed Helms, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer on Thursday reached what some described as agreement in principle but I hear negotiations with some of them have continued, picking up speed today with the clock ticking until NBC’s scheduling announcement tomorrow. Complicating negotiations was the fact that The Office has no showrunner in place for next season, with Paul Lieberstein leaving to run the Rainn Wilson Office spinoff, which he co-created with the actor. I hear the show will accommodate the stars’ feature engagements, including Helms’ upcoming third Hangover movie. As of two days ago, fellow cast member B.J. Novak, whose deal also is up, was not in discussions, but he has a dual role on the series as an actor and writer/executive producer."

I rather NBC just end the show then give us a half of season.
Old 05-12-12, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jesus H. Christ... what a clusterfuck this episode was. Maybe the worst episode of the entire run. There's a fine line between quirky and weird and Andy firmly planted his flag on the weird side. The bit with him trying to go from janitor to the boss was just bizarre.

Perhaps the MOST bizarre thing about the episode to me was Darrell inviting the warehouse girl to come up and be in his family portrait. What the fuck?! So they haven't been on a date yet, but he's inviting her to be in a picture with his kid?!

Adios The Office.

I couldn't agree with you more. This show has devolved into such a mess. Terrible finish to a truly terrible season.
Old 05-12-12, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's even creepier than that: It looked like she just invited herself over.
Old 05-13-12, 01:08 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
Yeah, it really didn't feel like a season finale to me, either. The only real 'cliffhanger' is the Dwigt and Angela storyline. I think we can all guess how that's going to turn out. And Mose as Dwigt was pretty funny..
As funny as the Mose being Dwight was I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that Dwight apparently owns two matching 1987 Pontiac Trans Am's
Old 05-13-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I think it's even creepier than that: It looked like she just invited herself over.
No, he clearly invited her over.
Old 05-13-12, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It's a shame this show went downhill so much. I really thought it was great the first four seasons or so. The Jim and Pam will they or won't they relationship during the first three seasons was probably one of my favorite relationship storylines on a sitcom ever.

After about season four or five it got really spotty to me and the recent episodes just aren't that good. I like Ed Helms a lot as an actor but Andy just doesn't fill the void that Michael Scott left. With a lot of the cast leaving it seems like it would be a good time to just end it.
Old 05-13-12, 01:33 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Eric Cartman would approve of the Daryl / Val storyline.
Old 05-13-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So now you can determine paternity by testing feces? WTF's up with that?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.