Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race--2 Hr Finale -- "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires"-- 5/6/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who do you think will win The Amazing Race
Dave and Rachel
64.71%
Team Big Brother
17.65%
Vanessa and Ralph
5.88%
Border Patrol Douchebags
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race--2 Hr Finale -- "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires"-- 5/6/12

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,311 Likes on 955 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race--2 Hr Finale -- "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires"-- 5/

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I wonder if the producers threw Rachel and Dave a bone when they missed the last boat and they didn't give the teams the clue until the "rising sun." Seemed pretty fucking cheap when they racing around out of the airport trying to catch buses and shit only to have them get bunched up again.
Okay, I was wondering what happened. I was watching the show and saw where they missed the boat and looked like the next one was in the morning. At that point, power went out due to bad storms out here. It came on a short time later but then I noticed they had caught up.

Can someone give a brief synopsis as to what exactly happened?
Old 05-07-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,821 Likes on 2,738 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race--2 Hr Finale -- "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires"-- 5/

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Okay, I was wondering what happened. I was watching the show and saw where they missed the boat and looked like the next one was in the morning. At that point, power went out due to bad storms out here. It came on a short time later but then I noticed they had caught up.

Can someone give a brief synopsis as to what exactly happened?
The boat with Team Big Brother, Art and JJ, and Vanessa and Ralph left the dock at 10:25pm. Dave and Rachel missed it by minutes and had to wait for the next one at 6:25am.

Once the 3 teams arrived at the destination on the Island, the clue said they had to wait for the Rising Sun (Morning) to receive their next clue. Thus, that enabled Dave and Rachel to catch up. An older Japanese guy in a Rickshaw rode up in the morning with 3 barrels in it and then handed the clues.
Old 05-07-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,311 Likes on 955 Posts

Thanks! Very interesting...
Old 05-07-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was a great finale with a likeable winner and also a rare instance of of teams all finishing essentially in the order of how good they all ran the race throughout the season.
Old 05-08-12, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts

Predictable that the first half-hour was pointless what with the lame sunrise catchup.

The sled challenge definitely wasn't designed for a big fella.

at calling the one team Conan and Kardashian. Kardashian had no chance on that treadmill but props to her for taking off a layer.
Old 05-08-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
This was a great finale with a likeable winner and also a rare instance of of teams all finishing essentially in the order of how good they all ran the race throughout the season.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 05-09-12, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 466 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Not true--if they hadn't misread their clue about walking to the stadium, they'd have passed Art & JJ at the sledding (they already did--just not far enough ahead) as well as Dave & Rachel (because of their mistake) and won the game. It was a really stupid mistake that cost them $1 million.
That detour to the stadium cost them at least 25-30 minutes. The border patrol's detour to Waikiki also cost them likely 20-30 minutes.
Old 05-10-12, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats to Dave and Rachel and their midwestern work ethic for making some TAR history - being the least jerk-y of the couples left I was rooting for them to win it all.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
at calling the one team Conan and Kardashian.
Hated Art and JJ as the race progressed (just started acting like whiny babies when Dave/Rachel failed to make use of the 2x U-turn), but those are some hilarious nicknames.

I thought the Japanese leg was weak and game show task was flat - the chickens weren't as fun as the wasabi bombs a few races back, but watching the Kardashian falling on her ass and the Sushi bingo later somewhat made up for it.

Originally Posted by marginal
I miss the hard finale challenges that built upon everything that happened during the race. It doesn't have to be something that involves memorizing the order of countries they went to, or remembering every challenge they did, but it would be nice if it wasn't just another challenge like any other leg.
Same here. Were the producers lazy they didn't have time to incorporate even a memory challenge into the last rock bowling task?

Great finale, but I do need to stop watching those previews for the next week's ep (I kept looking for that team who was gonna f--k up the roadblock )