Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Punk'd - Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-03, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL I caught this at 1am. That Muniz kid droppin' the f-bomb over and over again was hilarious to me at least.

And to see Justin Timberlake freak out lol lol lol especially when that dude starting naming the gazillion of cars Timberlake had and then stepped on that guitar.

And the little kid........ ...... Tori Amos was trying to be so nice to him heh...... Christina asking him if he wanted to get diRRty....... lol
Old 03-19-03, 08:24 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Justin Cries Like A River

not always a tough man

CRY BABY JUSTIN

Singer Justin Timberlake just cannot stop showing his sensitive side.

After baring his emotions over his relationship with his ex-girlfriend Brittany Spears in his latest song, Cry Me A River, he has now been caught on camera bursting into tears.

According to the Daily Star, a prank on a new series on the American version of MTV caused the 22-year-old hearthrob to break down and call his mum for help.

Actors posing as US tax enforcers called on Justin's new £3.5m mansion in Los Angeles.

They convinced him he owed almost £600,000 in tax and that they were there to seize his possessions and sell them on to cover the debt.

The NSYNC star was so shocked, he started crying and shouted at the men, before crumpling in a heap on his doorstep.

For 20 minutes the star was left wondering if he would ever see his possessions again - until the presenter of the Punk'd show turned up.

As soon as Justin saw Ashton Kutcher, the penny dropped, the tears dried up and he finally saw the funny side.
Old 03-19-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to TV forum......

I saw it and he did not cry, but it was soooooo funny to see the looks on his face.
Old 03-19-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate him.
Old 03-19-03, 08:32 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Real men don't cry.
Old 03-19-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What a nancy boy.

Dave
Old 03-19-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ouch.
Old 03-19-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed it, but I have to reluctantly give credit to both Muniz and Timberlake. Frankie was quite calm for most of the time. Sure, I imagine he was in a bit of shock, but even when he was angry, it was "I'm a celebrity" angry. And considering what they did to Timberlake, he was remarkably good-natured when he saw Ashton show up and realized it was a prank. I expected him to get all pissy and stuff, but he took it like a man (a crying man, but still ...).

The kid was good too. Not nearly as funny as the Man Show Boy, but still pretty entertaining.

das
Old 03-19-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 03-19-03, 04:05 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Absolutely hilarious. And yes, both Frankie and Justin were really good sports about it all. It was a good contrast between a simple prank (stealing a car) to a really complicated one (towing Justin's SUVs, boarding up his house, etc). That prank was planned out and executed so well; they really put a lot of time and money into it. When they had the production/prop designer on explaining all the stuff they made for that stunt I was like ohh man, he's gonna get it!

Can't wait to see next week's show!

-BT

stupid question: I caught a bit of Jackass after Punk'd and saw Brad Pitt doing the night gorilla thing with the Jackass crew. Does he still do stuff with them from time to time?
Old 03-21-03, 12:41 AM

You finally have something to watch on Monday nights now?? MTV cancelled the BEST SHOW ON TV, Clone High USA, to put Punk'd in its timeslot! I thought this show was just another MTV cheaply-made, cashing-in-on-a-trend reality show. I miss Clone High on Mondays.
Old 03-22-03, 02:37 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

BT, now that was the only "stunt" Brad Pitt did with Jackass crew.

The new episode of punk'd is on MOnday night at 10:30pm
Old 03-25-03, 09:18 AM
Banned

Punk'd - 03/24/03

Better than last weeks episode IMO. I still think the name of the show, not to mention the word "Punk'd" is extremely lame, but that won't stop me from watching.

The Eliza prank was great. I have no idea how these guys can keep a straight face while they're doing these. That was so great how she immediately tried to shift the blame to those other guys. Talk about a rat, she would never last in the mob.

The Mandy prank priceless. Dax amazes me with the range of characters he plays. His "trailer-trash redneck" was incredibly accurate. I lived in Nebraska for ten years and I know so many of those guys it's not even funny. I love the picture of the desert they put on the wall to make the room look bigger.

The Boxing prank had SO MUCH potential, but I feel like they cut it too short. My first problem with it was that I had no idea who the "mark" was, so I really didn't care if he got "Punk'd" or not. My second problem was, HE WAS READY TO FIGHT OSCAR WITHOUT GLOVES and they stopped it!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!
If you gave me a pad, pen and an afternoon, I could have come up with a much better pay off for the boxing prank. Oh well, I still think it was better than the "Man Show Boy" rip off we got last week.

Next week's episode looks fantastic. MORE DAX!!
Old 03-25-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

more dax? hes great but hes the main character in every prank. how much more do you want?

great show btw. i love seeing celebrities at their worst swearing n ****. i thought last weeks was better (justin t and frankie m) though.
Old 03-25-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can you explain what happend in the Eliza prank? I missed the episode.
Old 03-25-03, 11:10 AM
Banned

Originally posted by atari2600
more dax? hes great but hes the main character in every prank. how much more do you want?

Yeah, he's funny as **** though. I'm actually not too sure if we want to see as much of Dax as we're going to get next week though.
Old 03-25-03, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Morf
Can you explain what happend in the Eliza prank? I missed the episode.
Spoiler:

They set up a "Winona" situation with Eliza leaving a store with stolen merchandise. Good stuff.
Old 03-25-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm watching the 2nd episode, preferred the first one so far. A little FYI, the black guy used to bet on a BET show called 'Hits from the streets', so he's had a lot of experience pranking and messing around with people. Good to see him still around.
Old 03-26-03, 02:27 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Punk'd - 03/24/03

Originally posted by Bust
The Boxing prank had SO MUCH potential, but I feel like they cut it too short. My first problem with it was that I had no idea who the "mark" was, so I really didn't care if he got "Punk'd" or not. My second problem was, HE WAS READY TO FIGHT OSCAR WITHOUT GLOVES and they stopped it!!! NOOOO!!!!!!!
Actually, I thought that this prank was very funny. They reversed their formula for this one, having the celebrity in on the joke instead of the other way around. And IIRC, the "mark" had no intentions of going bare knuckles with Oscar. He kept mumbling to the black guy about how he needed to get him out of there and that black guys need to stick together so he should help him get out of there. THAT was hilarious.

This show is quite funny and I'm enjoying it a lot. Can't wait for next week's episode where they bash the hell out of Wilmer Valderrama's Escalade. The look on his face in the previews are priceless!

-BT
Old 03-26-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Punk'd - 03/24/03

Originally posted by BT
This show is quite funny and I'm enjoying it a lot. Can't wait for next week's episode where they bash the hell out of Wilmer Valderrama's Escalade. The look on his face in the previews are priceless!

-BT
I think it would be a lot cooler if they just bashed his Escalade rather than the fake one.
Old 03-26-03, 03:53 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Punk'd - 03/24/03

Originally posted by BT
And IIRC, the "mark" had no intentions of going bare knuckles with Oscar. He kept mumbling to the black guy about how he needed to get him out of there and that black guys need to stick together so he should help him get out of there. THAT was hilarious.

-BT
I'm sure I'll have a chance to watch it again, but it sure seemed to me that he was ready to fight before they stopped it.
Old 03-26-03, 04:31 PM

can the non-cable folks get a rundown on the episode. from what i hear this may be the funniest thing ever.
Old 03-26-03, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
...the non-cable folks...

It boggles the mind!!
Old 03-26-03, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by Bust

It boggles the mind!!
for some people it isn't an option. i'm not one of them, but for some. we decided not to go for it seeing as we don't watch too much tv anyway. between me and my roomie we have about 500 dvds, there is always something to watch.
Old 03-28-03, 03:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
This was good, there was indeed so much more they could have done with the boxing one, I am surprised boxer boy could keep in the laughter, he was cracking up in the booth.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.