Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 484 Likes on 320 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 5 Thread -- Sundays (NBC)

It wouldn't surprise me, but it made sense the women winning since they showcased the clothing better. The product being well represented and looking good probably meant a lot more than all the design.

I wonder why George hasn't come on Howard Stern to promote the show (other than the fact Stern is only on about five or six days a month now).

Also liked they spent less time in the boardroom then previous weeks.
Old 03-05-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windom
The choice of winning team seemed like it could really have gone other way but probably went to the women just because the men hadn't lost yet. Is that how this show usually works? I haven't watched before this season.
No, there have been seasons where a winning side would pull a streak of 4 or 5 striaght to the point where someone from the winning side would have to go over to the other side to help even things out actually as far as team size is concerned.
Old 03-05-12, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort of a 'meh' episode for me last night. No real drama at ALL. I love how they "tried" to create controversy between Clay and George, and it sort of just... died. I'll keep watching tho...I love a good trainwreck (and Lou IS thin-skinned--SHEESH!)
Old 03-05-12, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
He was "hosting a wedding at his house". Whatever that means.
It means exactly that. One of his guys who works for him and Ace Broadcasting was getting married, and Adam agreed to host the wedding at his house way before he was ever scheduled to be on this show. I'm sure he didn't want to ditch the wedding AND leave all of that for his wife to handle, so it's nice they let him go home, although it sucked when I realized he wasn't going to be on that episode.

As for last night's episode, Carolla killed it again. I'm really glad they're featuring him so much and including so many of his comments. George really had to go, and yes, it's ridiculous how thin-skinned Lou is. Good lord.

And I really don't know why, as she's not even that pretty, but I am extremely attracted to Debbie Gibson. Something about her is just unbelievably sexy to me.
Old 03-05-12, 05:07 PM

Caught both shows last night... the one hour format seems far better.

I did like last week's "If the creative aspect was the issue, I would literally fall on my own sword"... while Lisa L is mocking people for spelling, perhaps someone can teach her what the word literally means.

The men are far too rationale and Trump is really trying to stir things up (I'm guessing he thought casting guys like Snider and Tuttle would create confrontation). He's going to need the men to lose a few more so all the drama queens on the women's side can be kept around for entertainment purposes
Old 03-05-12, 05:35 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
As for last night's episode, Carolla killed it again. I'm really glad they're featuring him so much and including so many of his comments.
I'm guessing he's one of the only ones who isn't afraid to say the shit that they're showing...most of the others care way too much of what others think of them to talk shit. I love it.
Old 03-06-12, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
The men are far too rationale and Trump is really trying to stir things up (I'm guessing he thought casting guys like Snider and Tuttle would create confrontation).
I think you are 100% correct. I think you could also toss Carolla in with Snider and Tuttle since he isn't afraid to speak his mind. They cast those three thinking they'd cause a lot of friction, but it's turned out quite the opposite. Trump is really stretching it trying to rile the men up.

I really dug George taking the bullet. It was clear he was in over his head and not even going to visit the other team was the nail in the coffin. I was wondering why no one has been emailing photos back and forth. It looked like they gave them old school phones to prevent it.

Also, it's funny that you see George go and you feel bad for him, but you see any of the women go and it's "good riddance, one less bitch on the show."

Originally Posted by Kory
it's ridiculous how thin-skinned Lou is. Good lord.
You ain't kidding, BUT to be fair, he does seem to have been marginalized in every task thus far and has been named a few times in the board room. He does appear willing to do anything, but none of the other guys are connecting with him.
Old 03-07-12, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
It wouldn't surprise me, but it made sense the women winning since they showcased the clothing better. The product being well represented and looking good probably meant a lot more than all the design.

I wonder why George hasn't come on Howard Stern to promote the show (other than the fact Stern is only on about five or six days a month now).

Also liked they spent less time in the boardroom then previous weeks.
I want to say there is a 7pm show on Howard 101 with George, Lisa and Adam recapping the previous weeks episode... I think it's on Tuesday night but I could be mistaken about that.
Old 03-09-12, 12:50 PM
Suspended

Regarding who gets fired on the upcoming episode...
Spoiler:
Might not be looking good for Carolla, as he's on Ellen and the Tonight Show Monday. EDIT: The Ellen episode description all but confirms it. Lame. He must piss somebody off or make a really stupid error to go before half those morans. At least I can stop watching now.

Last edited by aktick; 03-10-12 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-11-12, 09:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carolla sucked a big fat juicy one as task leader. That presentation was just brutally bad.
Old 03-11-12, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could Lou Ferrigno possibly be a bigger cry-baby whiner?
Old 03-11-12, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Loved the twist...

Trump: "Adam, pick two people to bring back"
Carolla: "Fuck you! I screwed up I'll eat the bullet."
Trump: "No, FUCK YOU! I'm firing two people for your insolence!"

I think Trump has a hard on for Lou. His ass should have been gone by now. Sure it wasn't his fault they lost, but he honestly brings nothing to the table.
Old 03-11-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I can't wait to see Lou be a project manager (assuming he does).

Is this show like Survivor where they eventually ditch the teams and it becomes an individual competition? Or do they stay on teams until the end?
Old 03-11-12, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Lou is such a dumbass, watching him be project manager should definitely be good for some laughs. Hate losing Adam though, he's a funny bastard.

Andretti not stepping up to be leader on a car challenge - guy should've been fired on the spot. He could've made Adam his presenter, but he was done the second he didn't take leadership there.

This show keeps the team format until the final four, where there's an interview that weeds out two and then heads up.
Old 03-12-12, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I can't wait to see Lou be a project manager (assuming he does).

Is this show like Survivor where they eventually ditch the teams and it becomes an individual competition? Or do they stay on teams until the end?
I think you get your wish next week, and they pretty much stay with teams up to the final - though they do shake them up now and then.
Old 03-12-12, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 484 Likes on 320 Posts

Sorry to see Carolla go, he's one of the people on the show I found most amusing. I hate to sound so male-centric, but there is nobody on the woman's team I care to watch and every time they do something my eyes glaze over.

I really hope Lou becomes project manager next week. Penn was right when he pointed out the reason they don't utilize Lou is because he's always offering the same lame thing. I want to see Lou either put up or blow up.
Old 03-12-12, 01:16 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that Carolla is gone I can stop watching... Adam should have won the entire thing right there and then. Mainly for the fact that nobody has the balls to do what he did. The two hour format can be agonizing to watch, thank God for the fast forward button. And now I have one less show taking up space on my DVR.
Old 03-12-12, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

I had a feeling Buick wasn't going to be happy with a guy named Carolla being their spokesperson.

If this was a Toyota challenge, I think Adam wins easily.
Old 03-12-12, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
Sorry to see Carolla go, he's one of the people on the show I found most amusing. I hate to sound so male-centric, but there is nobody on the woman's team I care to watch and every time they do something my eyes glaze over.
Even Lisa Lampinelli? She's seems a lot like Carolla, she's just not going to put up with bullshit. She's there to get the job done.

Originally Posted by Finisher
Andretti not stepping up to be leader on a car challenge - guy should've been fired on the spot. He could've made Adam his presenter, but he was done the second he didn't take leadership there.
It definitely felt like they picked the cast, then tailored the challenges to it. Him not stepping up was just unfathomable. The way Trump came across was that they made that challenge just for Andretti and he was personally offended that he didn't take lead. If he isn't going to step up for the car challenge what the hell is he there for?

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
I had a feeling Buick wasn't going to be happy with a guy named Carolla being their spokesperson.

If this was a Toyota challenge, I think Adam wins easily.
Good point.
Old 03-12-12, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It definitely felt like they picked the cast, then tailored the challenges to it. Him not stepping up was just unfathomable. The way Trump came across was that they made that challenge just for Andretti and he was personally offended that he didn't take lead. If he isn't going to step up for the car challenge what the hell is he there for?
Somewhat in Michael's defense he was a late substitution for his son Marco due to the horrific crash in Las Vegas. He did seem to reside in the background since the first challenge though.

I imagine Marco would have fought for the PM duty on this challenge.
Old 03-12-12, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Kind of lame that Carolla didn't even try to stay as I'm guessing Andretti would have been fired because Trump was so mad at him. This show will be far less interesting going forward without Carolla bringing the laughs.
Old 03-12-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yep, all he had to do was pick Lou & Michael and he probably could have stuck around. Then again, doing the exact opposite of what the execs wanted meant the right person got fired.
Old 03-12-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Trump wanted to fire Andretti. Adam forced his own firing but Andretti was going to be fired 10 minutes into the episode so it was telegraphed that the women would win regardless of whatever shit they put on.
Old 03-12-12, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

The funny thing is that in terms of the actual public-facing aspects of the task, they had Andretti front and center. Who cares if he was the PM? They had him drive the car, then get up on stage and talk about how great it was to drive. It's not like consumers are saying "Yes, Michael Andretti says it's a good car, but why didn't he decide on the format for the Q&A?"
Old 03-12-12, 09:11 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Legally, is Lou even allowed to appear as The Incredible Hulk in tasks? Seems like he would have to get the okay from Marvel, especially since he would have been shilling a car.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.