Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of the Chuck Series Finale?
It was awesome! Very satisfying end.
31.58%
It was good, not great. Still satisfied
30.53%
Meh it was just okay. A little disappointed
20.00%
After 5 seasons, that sucked
8.42%
I'm in denial, don't want it to end.
9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/1

I suppose, but it does bookend the series. They started on the beach and he had to trust her as he entered a world unknown to him. At the end, it was she who had to trust him. Yes it still sucks the previous season memories were wiped out.
Old 03-22-16, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/1

During seasons 1 and 2 Chuck was a our favorite show. Then everything went down hill until the end. For us the real downfall was the expanded role for Jeff, Lester, and Mike. Three characters where everything worked better when they were limited to tiny supporting roles. Best part of those later seasons was them bringing in Bakula and Hamilton as the parents. Even Dalton was good in his limited role.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 03-23-16 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-22-16, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 346 Posts

That was a pretty long kiss on the beach so I feel that she got all of her memories back. Could just be the romantic sucker in me. She did remember certain things leading up to going to the beach so there is that.
Old 03-22-16, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
For us the real downfall was the expanded role for Chuck, Lester, and Mike. Three characters where everything worked better when they were limited to tiny supporting roles.
I assume you mean Jeff, or even Morgan...not the title character.
Old 03-23-16, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
I didn't like how they left Chuck and Sara then and time hasn't changed my opinion. I still think it doesn't fit the tone of the show not to have a real "and they lived happily ever after."
Totally agree with this. That was, and continues to be, a mistake.
Old 03-23-16, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I assume you mean Jeff, or even Morgan...not the title character.
Jeff. Fixed my post.
Old 03-23-16, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stvn1974
That was a pretty long kiss on the beach so I feel that she got all of her memories back. Could just be the romantic sucker in me. She did remember certain things leading up to going to the beach so there is that.
That was my take as well. But mostly I agree they should have come up with something better.
Old 03-23-16, 11:28 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

if we are going to bump this thread it needs more Strahotsky pics/gifs.
Old 03-23-16, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Old 03-23-16, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Pics of her were released from the Fappening. Anything from the show will be anti-climactic now.
Old 04-13-20, 07:02 PM

Received 4,608 Likes on 3,124 Posts
Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Old 04-13-20, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Chuck -- Series Finale -- "Chuck Versus Sarah/Chuck Versus the Goodbye" -- 1/27/12

Cool. Good to see the cast come together for a good cause.

I've been rewatching with my kids (their first time) and we're halfway through season 5.

*edit - wait, noon? Damnit some of us are still working.
Old 04-16-20, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Loved this show. Hope it will be brought back at some point.
Old 04-17-20, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought Levi was talking about crowd funding a movie at some point in the last decade?
Old 04-17-20, 03:18 PM

Eight years later, how do you feel about the series finale? Would you do anything differently if you could?

FEDAK: No. I really wanted to create a finale that you would watch with bated breath up until the very end, and I think that it was something that we were building too. And I think that I'm really excited about that finale because we're still talking about it. You know, it's still something that it's about Chuck and Sarah's relationship. To the question of, “Did Sarah remember Chuck and all that stuff?” I think if you’ve watched the show, then you know the answer. So, I loved the ending. I’ll say this: I have a writer that I’ve worked with on two shows now and she’s brilliant. Her name is Elizabeth Peterson, and she also was a super fan. She’s written so many great episodes for me on other shows. Everyone once in a while, she’ll stop in the middle of the writers’ room and she’ll just look at me, and go, “She remembered, right?” I’ll be like, “What are you talking about?”

SCHWARTZ: I would say once a week on Twitter, I get, “Tell me Sarah got her memories back!” like demanding an answer. [Laughs]. But you know, that was what was really so fun about how Chris [who wrote the finale] left the ending. It’s up to the audience to decide.

During the reunion, Zach said he wanted to do a Chuck movie several times, and Ryan even brought up doing a whole other season. Where do you stand on revisiting Chuck in some sort of movie, revival/limited series?

SCHWARTZ: I would say within the first 10 seconds of the table read, everybody fell so effortlessly back into their parts and the chemistry was still there, and it was just such a joy to watch that we both hung up from the table [and] were like, “Damn, it feels like we could more of this.” I think it would really be about, what’s the story and what’s the demand? I think we’re really proud of the legacy of the show and the series it felt, so anything that you do after the fact you want to make sure it feels like it would live up to the original.

FEDAK: Absolutely, I totally agree with what Josh said.

Do you have any story ideas in your mind already, or is there just a blank slate?

SCHWARTZ: I think we’re just coming off of yesterday. We hadn’t really entertained it in a while. I think it would be about the fan demand and interest from our partners at Warner Brothers. If those two things gelled, well then it would be incumbent on us to figure out the story, I suppose. But at the very least, it was a blast to have yesterday, if nothing else.
https://ew.com/tv/tv-reunions/chuck-...movie-revival/
Old 04-17-20, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I’d be down to for reunion movie. The finale was too tonally off from the rest of the series, imo. There was that ambiguity of whether Sarah would remember Chuck or forget him because of the Interface in her head. I’d like to see that resolved. And bring Routh back for it!
The following users liked this post:
Doug Heffernan (03-15-21)
Old 04-17-20, 04:51 PM

That interview is pretty good. Too bad they couldn’t pull off the Chuck vs. Chuck (Norris) episode.
Old 04-17-20, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Levi had said some years back he had an idea for a film. That’s when crowd funding was big, but he said he wasn’t sure that was the best approach. I’m not sure he’s said much since then.
Old 04-18-20, 11:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone remember the episode where Chuck found out why Bryce Larkin framed him?
I miss this show.
Old 04-20-20, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Anyone remember the episode where Chuck found out why Bryce Larkin framed him?
I miss this show.
Chuck vs the Alma Matter from season one.
Old 03-15-21, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum
OK, song ID request (spoilered 'cos I'm nice):

Spoiler:
The song at the end of the first of the two episodes, where Sarah watches her video diary, and it continues through Chuck and Sarah saying goodbye. It was kind dream-poppy, like a cross between Mazzy Star and Cocteau Twins.

I shazamed it, but it came back with nothing. I googled a few snippets of the lyrics I could decipher, but that didn't come up with anything either.
Wow, I bet you didn't know the depth of foreshadowing that statement held!
Old 03-15-21, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum
OK, song ID request (spoilered 'cos I'm nice):

Spoiler:
The song at the end of the first of the two episodes, where Sarah watches her video diary, and it continues through Chuck and Sarah saying goodbye. It was kind dream-poppy, like a cross between Mazzy Star and Cocteau Twins.

I shazamed it, but it came back with nothing. I googled a few snippets of the lyrics I could decipher, but that didn't come up with anything either.
Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan
Wow, I bet you didn't know the depth of foreshadowing that statement held!
I have no idea why Doug quoted Rex’s post randomly.

However, I believe the answer Ghost Society by Your Hands.

https://www.tunefind.com/show/chuck/season-5/10234

Old 03-16-21, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superman07
I have no idea why Doug quoted Rex’s post randomly.

However, I believe the answer Ghost Society by Your Hands.

https://www.tunefind.com/show/chuck/season-5/10234
Because I was reading this thread after re-watching 'Chuck' and I thought it was funny that he used the name "Shazam' because Zachary Levi went on to play him.
Old 01-29-22, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Zachary Levi teased some Chuck news on a recent episode of Michael Rosenbaum's podcast. He said they were potentially making real headway on making a reunion movie/show revival happen. Pretty exciting if they can pull it off. Psych has been pretty successful doing the occasional movie, I can't see why Chuck couldn't make it work. They've gained plenty of fans via streaming since the show ended.

I'm currently in yet another rewatch (#5). There's just something about this show. So easy to rewatch every so often.
The following users liked this post:
Cellar Door (01-29-22)
Old 01-29-22, 06:27 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

I would absolutely love that.