TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Old 12-04-12, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

re: Ink Master (Paramount Network)

Originally Posted by madcougar View Post
Yeah... google her name and check out the images. She has two careers going. This group is definitely different than than the first as there isn't one stand out artist. At this point, I think it's Jesse's competition to win. But I'm rooting for Tatu Baby.
I did already, and was pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-12-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man, Jesse's portrait was HORRIBLE. I would be so pissed if i was the guy that got the tattoo (although, i'm sure they are getting this work for free, signed a waiver, etc).

That face was the same level of gray. no highlights, gradients, nothing.

It really can be pretty amazing what these artists can accomplish with portraits these days. I actually wish that Sarah had gone for color. I personally prefer black/gray, but a color piece with that kid's eyes would have really popped.
Old 12-12-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hadn't watched before but caught a bunch of episodes during the marathon yesterday. Interesting stuff. Sad that one bad design gets you booted despite weeks of good work, like Jesse.

Pulling for Tatu Baby, her work is good and her body has cartoon dimensions.
Old 12-12-12, 03:55 PM

Agree - but man, it was really, really bad. if he had just done a little worse than the others, his past work would have kept him in (it has in the past).

Sarah still has my overall favorite portfolio on the show, with Tatu Baby right behind her.

But personality-wise, Sarah is dead last. I hate her attitude, what she says, and how she says it (the way her mouth moves bugs me to no end).

So factoring in personality, i'm pulling for tatu baby.
Old 12-12-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have NEVER thought Tatu Baby would be in the running to win the title, but at this point, I think it's either her or the white guy. Sebastian is super lucky that Jesse's tattoo was so damn awful.

This reminds me of a god awful tattoo my buddy got a few years ago. I hadn't seen him in a few years. When we bumped into each other, he was showing off a few new tattoos. The day I saw him he was walking a black bulldog in the park. He shows me a tattoo on his calf. I say "that's a nice tattoo of your dog" assuming that's what it is, because it was so bad. He says "That's my daughter!"
Old 12-19-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well... I'm not sure how Sebastian made it to the finals, other than Spike wanted to get Tatu Baby on the roster next season and had to find a way to get rid of her.

Sarah looked pretty hot. No surprise white guy won.
Old 12-19-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not going to mind watching Tatu Baby next season.

Sarah lost a few pounds, she looked good. I think I preferred her final design. We get it, Steve, you can do a nice skull. The girl about his skull was very meh. Pretty stunning that none of the three killed it on their final designs.
Old 12-19-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
I'm not going to mind watching Tatu Baby next season.

Sarah lost a few pounds, she looked good. I think I preferred her final design. We get it, Steve, you can do a nice skull. The girl about his skull was very meh. Pretty stunning that none of the three killed it on their final designs.
Overall, I was underwhelmed by this year's lot of artists. The fact that Sebastian was in the finals speaks volumes to this fact.
Old 12-20-12, 10:22 AM

Sarah obviously saw herself on TV and was like - um, i need to do some work... She did look good.

Still annoying as hell, though. But now i wouldn't kick her out of my bed.

That being said, i preferred her final work. I get what the judges are saying regarding lack of black... but man, her design was so much better. And her art was so much better.

I feel sorry for sebastian's canvas. Good god what a horrible tattoo to have the rest of your life. i mean, it didn't suck technically, but just a stupid design, especially on a woman. and it's not some small one you can cover up.
Old 12-20-12, 10:24 AM

Overall, I was underwhelmed by this year's lot of artists. The fact that Sebastian was in the finals speaks volumes to this fact.
Jesse has himself to blame for that. he crapped the bed in the portrait challenge, and sebastian should have gone home then. i would have loved to have seen what Jesse could do in 24 hours.

that said, Tatu Baby's dragon was better than sebastian's demon/angel thing. I'm thinking conspiracy, get tatu baby off so she would be brought back for season 3, increasing ratings.
Old 12-20-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Jesse has himself to blame for that. he crapped the bed in the portrait challenge, and sebastian should have gone home then. i would have loved to have seen what Jesse could do in 24 hours.

that said, Tatu Baby's dragon was better than sebastian's demon/angel thing. I'm thinking conspiracy, get tatu baby off so she would be brought back for season 3, increasing ratings.
That was my exact thought when they announced that they were bringing one artist back. Of course, she'll have a target on her back right away. Truth be told, I thougth Chris Nunez was sweet on her and that the judges generally gave her a little more credit/slack than the other artists. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 12-21-12, 10:02 AM

That was my exact thought when they announced that they were bringing one artist back. Of course, she'll have a target on her back right away. Truth be told, I thougth Chris Nunez was sweet on her and that the judges generally gave her a little more credit/slack than the other artists. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Agree Nunez was sweet on her. But she did have a few outstanding pieces - her black/gray female sugar skull and her yoda were top notch.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 12-21-12 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What was the point of this being live? They didn't even have the canvases come into the studio and show off the final work? That was stupid.

Gotta laugh at the call-in voting. Even if Tatu Baby didn't get the most votes, producers were going to be bringing her back no matter what.

And I think Dave is fully hitting that.

Sebastian was weak as fuck. Dude has an excuse for everything. It's unreal how little responsibility he can take.

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I feel sorry for sebastian's canvas. Good god what a horrible tattoo to have the rest of your life. i mean, it didn't suck technically, but just a stupid design, especially on a woman. and it's not some small one you can cover up.
No kidding! Her face when her showed her was pretty funny. Still, it's not like someone held a gun to her head. She looked like the "rough livin'" type who probably will just drink the memory away.
Old 12-21-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal View Post
No kidding! Her face when her showed her was pretty funny. Still, it's not like someone held a gun to her head. She looked like the "rough livin'" type who probably will just drink the memory away.
Imagine the truck drivers, meth dealers and homeless men who are going to hit that from behind and have to look at that!
Old 12-21-12, 11:22 PM

Imagine the truck drivers, meth dealers and homeless men who are going to hit that from behind and have to look at that!
Damn I wish we could give rep for posts here.
Old 12-22-12, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the slight twist introduced in season 2 of how canvasses are assigned for the elimination tattoo, why would anyone want to volunteer to be a canvas? The winner of the flash challenge gets to assign the canvasses for the elimination challenge... their strategy, give their competitors a task that they are more likely to mess up.
Old 07-19-13, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New season started this week. Tatu Baby is back (chosen from the viewers from last season to return and looking kind of rough with the bleached hair). Not impressed with anyone from this first episode.
Old 07-20-13, 04:24 AM

I like the added element of having the victims of that weeks tattoos getting to vote on what they felt was the worst tattoo.
Old 07-20-13, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
I like the added element of having the victims of that weeks tattoos getting to vote on what they felt was the worst tattoo.
Me too.
Old 07-21-13, 08:24 AM

The portfolios of all the contestants look pretty good (at least from what they showed during the show). There weren't any CLEAR losers based on their portfolio, like b-tat (where you wondered how they even got on the show)

Thought the eliminated guy got kind of a raw deal - I thought the dragon/castle tattoo was much worse. His was mainly a poor decision on source material. I'd have liked to see what he could do with a more "normal" image.
Old 08-03-13, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was not sad to see that tool Mystical Mike get the boot. I'm enjoying Craig Foster's work.
Old 08-10-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
I was not sad to see that tool Mystical Mike get the boot. I'm enjoying Craig Foster's work.
What kind of a douche bag calls himself "Mystical" anything? Glad Punk Girl is gone, too.
Old 08-10-13, 01:08 PM

I just wish "Spike" would stick to some kind of a schedule, I've added extra time to my DVR settings, and I've still lost the endings to the last two episodes.
Old 08-21-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show has really grown on me since season 1. I am liking this season and there are a few really talented artists. This competition is Craig Fosters to lose as far as i can see. Even though i am not a fan of tats on women....Tatu Baby is still smoking. And Josh is a massive douche.
Old 03-06-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone watching the new season? That chick that broke down crying last night....pathetic. Easy to see the quality artists from the losers this time around.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.