Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland -- 90 Minute Season Finale -- "Marine One" -- 12/18/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Homeland -- 90 Minute Season Finale -- "Marine One" -- 12/18/11

Also just bought the blu-rays and blitzed through them all. Just couldn't stop watching and had some real late nights. Most amazing new show I've seen in ages, and I'll be getting Showtime by 9/30. Very original, & the acting was absolutely top notch.
Old 09-04-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Also just bought the blu-rays and blitzed through them all. Just couldn't stop watching and had some real late nights. Most amazing new show I've seen in ages, and I'll be getting Showtime by 9/30. Very original, & the acting was absolutely top notch.
Good to hear you joining in for season 2.
Old 09-04-12, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good to hear you joining in for season 2.
Thanks--I was completely blown away; watched the whole S1 over the long Labor Day weekend. To anyone who appreciates quality programming, I can't recommend Homeland enough. Props to Showtime for picking it up. (In the extras it said the producers shopped it to the networks who weren't really interested. Showtime loved it but asked them to make Carrie more of a "cable" character so they added all the bipolar stuff, which I thought done perfectly.)
Old 09-09-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just marathoner the first season thanks to the hype on this forum. Absolutely loved it.

One of the things that has me wondering, is when Saul was asked about the razor on the lie detector test, it went off like a lie. Yes, he was stressed about his wife leaving him but I can't forget about that scene.
Old 09-17-12, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I just finished watching all 12 eps on BD in about three days. I thought it was as good as others on here have said.

I agree with a few posts on this thread about seeming inconsistencies, such as how did Brody's wife know that he had slept with "that CIA lady"? I remember the early morning text and visit, but there were plausible reasons for such a visit at that time without jumping to that conclusion. Later, the daughter mentions this as well. It seems kind of unlikely that her mother would have shared this with her over coffee.

The other point someone raised is more of a required suspension of disbelief for TV. That being, how quickly these people travel around DC and the NORVA suburbs! Anyone familiar with this area knows that a significant time would be spent sitting in traffic, but that does not make for compelling TV.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the extras and will be tuning in in 9/30.
Old 10-01-12, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just nabbed the DVD set at Gamestop and watched it in a day and a half. So far it's my favorite pay cable series since Deadwood. Very good writing and overall consistency for such a highly complex plot. And the acting is uniformly exceptional. As remarkable as Danes and Lewis are in their roles though, Mandy P. is the heart and ground of the show. When an arch veteran actor has material that he so clearly enjoys performing, it's a joy to watch.
Old 10-11-12, 03:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just watched all of season one over the past week. Loved it. I haven't watched a show this good, other than Mad Men in a few years.