Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Last Man Standing (moving to FOX) S: Tim Allen -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-20, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 961 Likes on 732 Posts
Re: Last Man Standing (moving to FOX) S: Tim Allen -- Series Thread

I know y'all don't like the character, and I don't blame you. I also know I'm biased 'cuz I think Krista Marie Yu is adorable.

But you gotta admit, it was funny when she assumed she was a good bowler, just because she was good at Wii Bowling. Also Ryan assuming bowling was the same as curling, even though I think shuffleboard is a more natural relative to curling.
Old 04-17-20, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 358 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm not attracted to Krista Yu, but that's probably because I have twin cousins who look very similar to her

Maybe I'll pick this show back up in the summer, when most of my shows go on hiatus.
Old 10-20-20, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 961 Likes on 732 Posts

Apparently Season 9 will be the last. Hopefully Krista Marie Yu will get cast in something else soon. She's a better actress than what she's shown on LMS.
Old 10-23-20, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 331 Likes on 247 Posts

Sounds like it wasn't really cancelled as much as it was a mutual decision to end the show. If that's the case, I'm fine with it.
Old 12-04-20, 03:55 PM

Received 4,678 Likes on 3,168 Posts

Tim Taylor makes an appearance.

Old 12-26-20, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...170003774.html

Really glad this show is ending. It used to be so great, but has stunk since going to Fox. The writing has been just terrible. And there have been too many cast changes/additions for me. Mainly the new Mandy (who I've never warmed up to), Boyd and Chuck's wife. And that 40 year old Asian exchange student is just annoying as fuck. Now this three year jump in the storyline. Seriously, time to go. At least we have the first 6 seasons that are playing in syndication on several channels. I always stop and watch if I'm channel surfing and see it.
Old 01-03-21, 11:35 PM

Received 814 Likes on 530 Posts

I watched the first few minutes off the DVR tonight and thought the transition to the time jump was handled well... we’ll see how the rest of the ep unfolds tomorrow.

I still enjoy the show, but it has run its course.
Old 05-21-21, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 430 Likes on 311 Posts

So last night was the series finale. Did anyone watch it? I'm not looking for spoilers I'm just curious how was it? Last Man Standing has played better for me in syndication and I look forwards to watching the series the whole way through now.
Old 05-21-21, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 222 Likes on 196 Posts

It was okay, -decent but hardly memorable. It will be one of those finales that, -as with some old series, -in syndication you wouldn't know it was the finale if it wasn't pointed out to you. Those characters that have been missing in action remain so. Kaitlyn Dever was there via laptop/Zoom; she was working on "Dear Evan Hanson" and COVID protocols didn't allow her to interact with the cast.

The producers were asked by Fox at the beginning of the season to give them something promotable, and they came of with the "Tool Man" appearance, -and that's as "meta" as they wanted to get; they never considered bringing back any of the original actors for a cameo.
Old 05-21-21, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts

Never really watched this after it moved to Fox. Kind of liked the early seasons, but it felt off after the move.
Old 05-21-21, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Never really watched this after it moved to Fox. Kind of liked the early seasons, but it felt off after the move.
It became borderline terrible when it moved to Fox IMO. And wasn't the same since Molly Ephraim left. With Kaitlyn Dever barely making a cameo the past two years, the show felt like an empty shell of it's former self. While she comes across very likeable, Molly McCook was just not a good Mandy. And I'll never understand why they got a 5' 10" blonde to play her. Krista Marie Yu continued to get on my nerves right up until end. However, the first 6 seasons were pretty great. With a talented cast that had great chemistry. Especially Allen and Travis.
Old 05-22-21, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 222 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
It became borderline terrible when it moved to Fox IMO. And wasn't the same since Molly Ephraim left. With Kaitlyn Dever barely making a cameo the past two years, the show felt like an empty shell of it's former self. While she comes across very likeable, Molly McCook was just not a good Mandy. And I'll never understand why they got a 5' 10" blonde to play her. Krista Marie Yu continued to get on my nerves right up until end. However, the first 6 seasons were pretty great. With a talented cast that had great chemistry. Especially Allen and Travis.
Agree with most everything you're saying there. Also, for me at least, Jay Leno has just been terrible on the show.
The following users liked this post:
Daytripper (05-22-21)