Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Arrested Development episodes in the works

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: New Arrested Development episodes in the works

Why would they not get that set in stone before shooting these episodes?
Old 02-20-13, 11:55 AM

Received 4,641 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Arrested Development is adding two high-profile guest stars.

Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen will be making appearances when the comedy launches its new episodes on Netflix in May, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Though Netflix would not comment on whom they are playing specifically, Vulture reported Tuesday that Wiig would be playing a young Lucille Bluth (Jessica Walter).

Each episode will revolve around a different character, kicking off with Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman).

The majority of the Arrested Development cast came together in January during the Television Critics Association's winter press tour to tout the show's return, and, yes, they still have plans for a follow-up movie. (The beloved comedy had been axed by Fox after three seasons in 2006.)

"This is the first act of what we would like to complete in a movie," creator Mitch Hurwitz said at the time. "These are episodes that set that up. One does not work without the other."

Other big-name stars who will be hanging out with the Bluths include Conan O'Brien, Andy Richter, John Slattery, Terry Crews and Isla Fisher.

All episodes will launch at the same time in May on Netflix.
Old 02-20-13, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 372 Likes on 269 Posts

Oh, so now Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen are in on this delusional scam.

This will never happen!
Old 02-20-13, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Oh, so now Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen are in on this delusional scam.

This will never happen!
Probably smartly creating new characters with them so if a movie ever happens, Seth Rogen and Kristen Wiig can get non-fans of the series into the theaters to see it.
Old 02-25-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,369 Likes on 931 Posts

Looks like this will likely only be a one-off season.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/25/40...es-season-four

Netflix has committed to producing 14 episodes of Arrested Development, but the company's plans beyond that initial run have been a bit unclear. To the chagrin of fans everywhere, that's no longer the case. At an investor conference today, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings described the upcoming fourth season of Arrested Development as a "one-off" event made possible under "non-repeatable" circumstances. A company spokesperson expanded on those words, admitting to The Wall Street Journal that it would prove "extremely difficult to get the cast together" for additional episodes. Obviously the show's ensemble, which includes Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, and Michael Cera, is dealing with busier schedules compared to when Arrested Development first hit TV in 2003. Still, it's no less disappointing to learn that this is likely the end — at least until the Bluth family moves to the silver screen.
Old 02-25-13, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Did anyone really expect it to continue, at least in the form of "TV" episodes? It's all movies from here on out (if they actually make a movie).
Old 02-25-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever they give me is more than I needed. I can't bring myself to be upset about it.
Old 02-25-13, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fourteen is better than zero.
Old 02-25-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm surprised fans actually thought this could result in multiple seasons. I thought they'd been pretty clear that these are more like webisodes leading to a "hopeful" movie. I never expected more than that on the TV episode front...
Old 02-25-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm surprised fans actually thought this could result in multiple seasons. I thought they'd been pretty clear that these are more like webisodes leading to a "hopeful" movie. I never expected more than that on the TV episode front...
Yep, I thought that was beyond clear.

Frankly, I'm also not sure it's such a terrible thing. These 14 may be terrible. They may be great. Either way, you eventually have to let this go and go do something else.
Old 02-25-13, 06:04 PM

Does anyone know, or was it ever said how long these episodes will be? Do you think they'll stick with 22mins....30mins... Maybe even 45 or 60?
Old 02-25-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think all 14 might approach 60 minutes. I always was under the impression that these were mini-episodes (or even webisodes like JuryDuty said). If so, 10 minutes each would be high hopes.
Old 02-25-13, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
I think all 14 might approach 60 minutes. I always was under the impression that these were mini-episodes (or even webisodes like JuryDuty said). If so, 10 minutes each would be high hopes.
I hope thats not true. Why would Netflix even bother then? It has to be atleast 20 minutes.
Old 02-25-13, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For subscribers. Why does it have to be at least 20 minutes for Netflix? Didn't they just sign a deal to bring on Adult Swim series? Those are 11 minutes. Hope for that for Arrested Development.
Old 02-25-13, 06:12 PM

Just found this...

Creator Mitch Hurwitz, who was joined on stage by the entire cast except for David Cross and Tony Hale, explained the format for the updated version of the Emmy-winning skein that ran for three seasons. On Netflix, there will be 14 "Arrested Development" episodes, each running slightly less than 30 minutes.
Old 02-25-13, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well that's great. More than I expected and certainly no requirement.
Old 02-25-13, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I'm surprised fans actually thought this could result in multiple seasons.
Agent: You should be aware I'm expecting multiples today.

Lindsay Bluth: Well, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think that was a possibility.
Old 02-25-13, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For subscribers. Why does it have to be at least 20 minutes for Netflix? Didn't they just sign a deal to bring on Adult Swim series? Those are 11 minutes. Hope for that for Arrested Development.
Well that's great. More than I expected and certainly no requirement.
I'm guessing that since Netflix is devoting the time and the money to making them, they'll want the season to be eligible for various awards, including the Emmys. In order to be eligible as an actual series that can compete with broadcast and cable shows (and not simply as online shorts), the season and the episodes have to meet length requirements.
Old 02-25-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kristin Wiig?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 02-26-13, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
Kristin Wiig?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think Wiig looks a good bit like a young Jessica Walter,
Old 02-26-13, 10:02 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BP2zVb8Ufsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Zb1lZgN9OE?list=PL94DE8F14FE98B364" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p-Jj1z1gJb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SkpeB7etL9A?list=PL94DE8F14FE98B364" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-26-13, 02:41 PM

It’s neither trick nor illusion: Ben Stiller will appear on the revived Arrested Development, EW has learned. The film star will reprise his role as Tony Wonder, rival magician to GOB (Will Arnett), in one episode during the new season of the cult comedy, which Netflix will stream in May.Exactly how he fits into the plot is being kept under wraps. But it may not be a bad idea to check the dumbwaiter.

Stiller’s Tony Wonder guest-starred in seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested, which originally aired on Fox from 2003 to 2006.
Old 03-20-13, 08:41 PM

Arrested Development Documentary Kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...entary-project

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KocGHBPCfLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-04-13, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Old 04-04-13, 06:41 AM

Cue "I'll believe it when I see it" comments...

Emmy-winning comedy Arrested Development will premiere new originals on Sunday, May 26, on Netflix. All episodes from the show’s upcoming fourth season will be available simultaneously on the launch date, a strategy Netflix has been using for all of its original series, most recently the first season of House Of Cards. As for the size of Arrested Development‘s fourth season, it keeps growing, with the final number now set at 15 episodes. As we reported in December, during production on the originally commissioned 10 new episodes, Arrested creator/executive producer Mitch Hurwitz shot more material than planned and also came up with ideas for additional scenes and storylines. Hurwitz and Arrested producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV approached Netflix, which agreed to expand the order. In January, Netflix announced that a 14-episode fourth season of Arrested will premiere sometime in May.

Arrested Development will be available to all Netflix members instantly at 12:01 AM PDT on May 26 in territories where Netflix is available – U.S., Canada, the UK, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics. “Arrested Development is now widely viewed as one of the top TV comedies of all time and Mitch Hurwitz is bringing it to Netflix in a brand new way, crafted for the on-demand generation that has come to discover the show in the years since it last appeared on TV,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer for Netflix. “The highly anticipated return of this show is sure to make history all over again.” Said Hurwitz, “Ted said that? Wow. Well don’t print this obviously, but he’s going to be immensely disappointed” He then added that “in truth we are doing something very ambitious that can only be done with Netflix as partners and on their platform. Finally my simple wish for the show is coming true: that it be broadcast every second around the clock to every television, computer or mobile device in existence.”

Arrested Development centers around Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman) and his eccentric family comprised of his son George Michael (Michael Cera), his father George Bluth Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor), his mother Lucille (Jessica Walter), his brothers George Oscar Bluth II (Will Arnett), Buster Bluth (Tony Hale) and sister Lindsay Funke (Portia de Rossi), and Lindsay’s husband Tobias (David Cross) and their daughter Maeby (Alia Shawkat). Season 4 picks up the family seven years after the original series ended, with each new episode dedicated to a different character’s point of view. Hurwitz, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard, Jim Vallely and Troy Miller executive produce.

Last edited by dex14; 04-04-13 at 06:52 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.