Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-15, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Two and a Half Men -- Now with Ashton Kutcher -- (CBS)

That was fucking awful. Talk about insulting your audience.
Old 02-19-15, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,184 Likes on 922 Posts

I actually thought the episode was really good until that ending. That was a total cop out and just lame. Overall better than most of the episodes from the Kutcher years in my opinion.
Old 02-19-15, 09:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

I haven't watched the show for a few years, but I thought it was ok. Really lame to tease Sheen for the entire episode and have the whole point of it being so Lorre could take another shot at him.
Old 02-19-15, 09:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 02-19-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
The Charlie Sheen years are my favorite comedy of all time so I'll definitely be watching. I always thought of it as the best low brow humor ever. Haven't seen this latest season though.

But if the episode, which is supposedly all about Charlie, doesn't feature an appearance by him I'll be fairly upset.
see the title card above
Old 02-19-15, 09:26 PM

Just should have done the ending sheen wanted, the other idea is stupid. The ending ruined a good episode
Old 02-19-15, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I actually thought the episode was really good until that ending. That was a total cop out and just lame. Overall better than most of the episodes from the Kutcher years in my opinion.
I agree.

The scene with Arnold going over the whole 12-year absurd "you couldn't write this" premise was great.
Old 02-19-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,184 Likes on 922 Posts

I can actually see why Sheen didn't agree to Lorre's idea. It didn't sound that funny and the Charlie Sheen is crazy angle is overplayed. Not that his idea was a lot better but it would have fit with the theme of the episode sort of as it was poking fun at itself and broke the fourth wall that the series is so over the top that it seems like a sitcom that Charlie proposing the idea that their life should be a sitcom would have totally fit. Big missed opportunity.
Old 02-19-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
see the title card above
That doesn't surpise me. But the truth is that both of those guys should've put their ego's to the side and they didn't. They should've met in the middle somehow for the fans sake. Instead, Lorre made himself look like a complete egomaniac jackass on national TV. They are both to blame. IMHO anyhow.
Old 02-19-15, 09:42 PM

Maybe they can film an alternate ending for the DVDs
Old 02-19-15, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,129 Likes on 817 Posts

That doesn't surpise me. But the truth is that both of those guys should've put their ego's to the side and they didn't. They should've met in the middle somehow for the fans sake. Instead, Lorre made himself look like a complete egomaniac jackass on national TV. They are both to blame. IMHO anyhow.
What does, and why should, Charlie Sheen give a fuck about the fans of a TV show that he is not on?

The whole idea of continuing the series without Sheen is Chuck Lorre and CBS saying "We don't need Charlie Sheen." So fine, they don't need him, they don't have him. And great genius Chuck Lorre can't think of any way to wrap up the series with out making it all about the actor he did not need.

And don't bother with the comment that Sheen owed something to his fans who are still watching the show. Charlie Sheen fans aren't watching The Ashton Kutcher (Oh My God this is the stupidest thing on TV) Show.
Old 02-19-15, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,050 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
What does, and why should, Charlie Sheen give a fuck about the fans of a TV show that he is not on?
Because the residuals are paying for his coke?
Old 02-19-15, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,344 Likes on 2,137 Posts

I guess I can understand that Chuck Lorre would want the last word in his fued with Sheen but what I can't understand is that he would use his entire Two and a Half Men series finale to do it four years after anyone gives the slightest shit about it. Sheen has drugs and alcohol to blame for acting like a crazy egomaniac four years ago, what's Lorre's excuse now?

As the episode went on the jokes about Sheen got meaner and meaner and I realized early on that Charlie would not be a part of it. Such a shame and wasted opportunity. Oh well, I can now go back to pretending this show ended years ago.
Old 02-19-15, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 749 Posts

I'm disappointed that Charlie couldn't have made an appearance, but overall it was better than I expected. The CG stuff was kind of crap, however.

I even liked seeing Jake show up, even knowing what a dipshit he was regarding the show. No appearance from Herb was a bit surprising.
Old 02-19-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The whole idea of continuing the series without Sheen is Chuck Lorre and CBS saying "We don't need Charlie Sheen." So fine, they don't need him, they don't have him. And great genius Chuck Lorre can't think of any way to wrap up the series with out making it all about the actor he did not need.

And don't bother with the comment that Sheen owed something to his fans who are still watching the show. Charlie Sheen fans aren't watching The Ashton Kutcher (Oh My God this is the stupidest thing on TV) Show.
Didn't you have the same rant when it came to Michael Rosenbaum on the Smallville finale?
Old 02-19-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,344 Likes on 2,137 Posts

And I guess Sheen gets the last laugh knowing that the best episode since he left was a Charlie-centric episode.
Old 02-19-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Ending didn't make sense. So Charlie hires a helicopter company to drop a piano on Ashton and Alan. So why would he go there before the deed was done and ring the doorbell? And why would the helicopter drop the piano on the front of the house when the target is at the back of the house?

Good episode but horrible ending.
Old 02-19-15, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

The show had to address the Charlie situation... it was the elephant in the room. He was the star of the show for 8 highly-rated seasons. To completely ignore him would have been ludicrous.
Old 02-19-15, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did kinda like that pretty much every female the main characters had slept with made an appearence
Old 02-19-15, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sinned
Ending didn't make sense. So Charlie hires a helicopter company to drop a piano on Ashton and Alan. So why would he go there before the deed was done and ring the doorbell? And why would the helicopter drop the piano on the front of the house when the target is at the back of the house?

Yeah the ending went totally over my head.
Old 02-19-15, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I did kinda like that pretty much every female the main characters had slept with made an appearence
Not even close. A lot of them, but at times when he wasn't in a relationship, there were one or two an episode.
Old 02-19-15, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed the meta jokes about the show, Arnold's bit and when Jake showed up. The ending was pretty bad though.
Old 02-20-15, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

That was fucking awful. Talk about insulting your audience.
Pretty much.

It was fun, but at the same time it was just an hour created by Chuck Lorre to bash Charlie one last time on the grand stage.
Old 02-20-15, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by sinned

Maybe the helicopter was hired by Chuck Lorre to kill Charlie Sheen. The whole episode was meta, with it being more about Charlie Sheen wanting to take revenge on Jon Cryer and Ashton Kutcher for continuing the show without him than it was Charlie Harper trying to kill his brother and Walden for whatever reason, so the tag at the end makes sense it that regard.

Really a waste of a finale, though. It would have been so much better if Sheen would have returned for a substantial role in the episode, where Charlie Harper escaped from Rose's dungeon and actually interacted with the characters. Without him there, it just fell flat, like a happy ending massage without the happy ending.

Instead, Lorre took the whole episode and used it to take potshots at Charlie Sheen. Sort of makes me think that when Charlie Sheen was doing all of his wild-eyed "tiger blood" rants that he might have had a point about Lorre being an asshole.
Old 02-20-15, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I haven't watched the show since Sheen left, but I had to watch the finale last night just in case he showed up (even though I read on Twitter they were 99% sure he wasn't going to make an appearance.)

In saying that, the Finale was pretty dumb (just like most TV finales) as it was very forced. But the ending with the helicopter was even more dumb with Chuck Lorre in the scene.

And what happened to the Jake? Sadly, he is headed toward another child actor turned messed up adult.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.