Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 30, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 30, 2011

Originally Posted by Noonan
I don't remember the specifics but they went over it at the beginning of the season. He has more than just rice but I'm sure it's rationed.
I think they called it "basic supplies." I imagine it being exactly what the other islanders get day to day.
Old 03-31-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Crispy rice
what cracked me up is that it didn't even occur to Phillip to want the crispy rice until he overheard the girls mentioning that they were going to save it for Rob. So it was totally a childish jealousy and tantrum. Hilarious TV!
Old 03-31-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide

If Grant is smart, he'll downplay his abilities
It should be a piece of a cake for an ex NFL wide receiver to convience everyone he is not any kind of challenge threat.
Old 03-31-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
That's the kind of volcano I always imagined Obi-Wan and Anakin having their fateful duel on.
+1. I don't know if it was an early Lucas quote or what, but that's what I pictured too.

I don't think a piece of paper is a huge littering issue myself. Not good, sure, but it probably won't last long.
Old 03-31-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That was the lamest game of Concentration ever -- between the poor play and having only 20 slots on the board.
Next week : Matt and Sarita in a winner-take-all Rock-Paper-Scissors duel!
Old 03-31-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought this episode was great. The challenge was really exciting. I think Grant is favored right now to win the whole thing. I think Ometepe finds a way to get the numbers at the merge. The pick off Zapatera one by one then once the smoke clears and it's just them, I can see Grant going on an immunity challenge run all the way to the end. Of course one slip up and he's gone and it'll most likely be his boy Rob that pulls the trigger.

If I were Rob I would have shared the HII clue with Phillip right away and make him feel like he's part of the alliance. Phillip is the kind of player you keep on a leash because he'll always be an easy target when you need him to be.

I'm assuming it's merge time. It feels that whenever the players start talking about the merge, it's going to happen soon. This should be a good one because there is no clear cut dominant alliance. If Matt wins RI he's in a great position because he can just sit back and wait to see which alliance is strongest and join that one. I think David flips but so does Phillip. Phillip might try to get something going with Andrea and Matt and try to get Zapatera involved in dethroning Rob.

It's going to be really interesting to see how the two HII come into play. Easy money says Ralph screws it up somehow and either doesn't play it or plays it at the worst possible time.
Old 03-31-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
It should be a piece of a cake for an ex NFL wide receiver to convience everyone he is not any kind of challenge threat.
Good point.
Old 03-31-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
It's going to be really interesting to see how the two HII come into play. Easy money says Ralph screws it up somehow and either doesn't play it or plays it at the worst possible time.
I've forgotten : Who heard Ralph tell Russell that he had the HII, before saying he "tricked him"? Do all of Ometepe know about that?
Old 03-31-11, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
If Grant is smart, he'll downplay his abilities after the merge and then go on a run when it's only Ometepe remaining (assuming Zap gets picked off one by one).
I think it's a bit too late for that. Everyone has already watched him dominate every challenge thus far.

Originally Posted by Decker
I've forgotten : Who heard Ralph tell Russell that he had the HII, before saying he "tricked him"? Do all of Ometepe know about that?
Sarita was with Ralph and on the other side it was Phillip and Kristina. How could you forget Phillip saying that he is an expert in lie detection?
Old 04-01-11, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

After going through Bios with my daughter (who is obsessed with this show), Grant is my new favorite survivor. Here's what he had in his bio which is also one of my biggest pet peeves.

Pet Peeves: When someone uses the word "like" every other second.

I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-01-11, 08:50 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm starting to dislike Probst. I think he's getting too involved in the game. I get that he's now an executive producer but as a host, he should be more partial.
Old 04-01-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiefan
I'm starting to dislike Probst. I think he's getting too involved in the game. I get that he's now an executive producer but as a host, he should be more partial.
Probst couldn't be more partial with his man-crushes on Russell or Rupert or someone who is physical, etc, not to mention the contestants he wants to date i.e. Julie from Vanuatu . He really has become a big douche bag who constantly injects himself into the game.
Old 04-01-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Howiefan
The host should NEVER influence what happens in the game, like last season when he basically tried to talk those two quitters into staying in the game.
Old 04-01-11, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Survivor ceased being an actual "game" show many seasons ago by Probst's own account so I don't really care how involved he gets anymore. The more glaring issue for me is how the team challenges have been dumbed down (back to back seasons in a place where they won't go into the water really has a negative impact) and in the case of this season removed altogether in order to accommodate Redemption Island.