Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 30, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-11, 12:59 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 30, 2011

I think she will beat Matt. I thought Stephanie had a shot, and it was memory/luck game.. But no dice.
Matt is impressive.

and yes Zuffy Grant nailed all 6. He's a monster.
Old 03-31-11, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgbfan
I tried my hardest to make myself believe you were being ironic. But ... nope.

FAILE!
Lol, too late to claim irony? He adds an e to Davie, I subtract an e from breathe. Yeah, fine, I admit it, I'm really Bigfoot. Thus making sense of why I said coherent instead of cohesive and breath and instead of breathe. I really, really need to proofread when I attack others intelligence. That said, it's pretty hard to get to the level where you can't spell basic names. What did he spell Stephanie as, something like Stefany? It was something equally ridiculouse. What a moranix idyot. But maybe he's not too stupid to breath.
Old 03-31-11, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

Grant is having an Ozzie-esque run. They're going to have to bounce him immediately if he ever loses an individual immunity challenge.
Old 03-31-11, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Grant is having an Ozzie-esque run. They're going to have to bounce him immediately if he ever loses an individual immunity challenge.
Agreed. I think he's even going above and beyond Ozzie and Colby and making them look like amateurs come challenge time.

I can safely say that Grant won the last three challenges basically by himself for Ometepe.
Old 03-31-11, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

As crazy as Phillip is, I kinda hope he wins the whole thing if Rob doesn't.
Old 03-31-11, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I love how they're putting "?" next to Philip's occupation
Old 03-31-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

That was the lamest game of Concentration ever -- between the poor play and having only 20 slots on the board.
Old 03-31-11, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That was the lamest game of Concentration ever -- between the poor play and having only 20 slots on the board.
That was I was thinking. Pretty sure my 6-year-old could've done just as well, if not better. Certainly not the type of challenge I was picturing when it was announced there would be a "DUEL" each time someone was sent there.
Old 03-31-11, 09:12 AM

Agreed, it was a lame challenge for a duel. Too much luck involved. Matt just stumbled into a couple of his pairs. Of course, that could have been God playing favorites....
Old 03-31-11, 10:18 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For some reason Sarita seems like a Kristen Wiig character to me.

At this point I can't help but wonder if Ralph's stupidity is a deep Andy Kaufman-esque performance because otherwise I can't understand how he's made it this far in life. I mean, how did he even manage to fill out the forms to get on the show? Does he need someone to cut his food for him?
Old 03-31-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
I totally agree! Well, not one of her characters, but that she looks just like Kristen Wiig. I actually went back on the dvr and paused on her face, because the familiarity was bugging me. It took about a minute and then it hit me...Kristen Wiig!

I almost posted that here last night...glad to see I'm not alone.
Old 03-31-11, 11:21 AM

I've always thought she was Kristen Wiig in disguise and when she said "GOD LOVE 'EM!" at the end of the episode, I cracked up because the delivery was so similar.

What I don't get is why so many here seem to hate her. She seems like one of the most normal women they've ever had on Survivor.
Old 03-31-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
I hate Sarita - and I hate Zapetera.
They're paying the price for throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell and I love it. What did Mike say about the tribe having good synergy now that Russell is gone? LOL Yeah, because you guys weren't winning challenges when he was around.

I hope Rob's team picks them off one by one come the merge. Only way I don't see that happening is if Philip flips and Sarita beats Matt in the duel.
Old 03-31-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DRG
I agree.
Old 03-31-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd mix in some Catherine O'Hara with Wiig (to add in some chin).
Old 03-31-11, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRG

At this point I can't help but wonder if Ralph's stupidity is a deep Andy Kaufman-esque performance because otherwise I can't understand how he's made it this far in life. I mean, how did he even manage to fill out the forms to get on the show? Does he need someone to cut his food for him?
And apparently he has people working for him. How dumb are they??

Seriously though, I really can't stand the idiot
Old 03-31-11, 02:41 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone know anything about the setup on Redemption Island? Matt stuck with just white rice (including the "crispy" ones!) or are they setting him up with nice meals for 12+ days. He seems to be doing just fine...
Old 03-31-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
Anyone know anything about the setup on Redemption Island? Matt stuck with just white rice (including the "crispy" ones!) or are they setting him up with nice meals for 12+ days. He seems to be doing just fine...
Crispy rice
Old 03-31-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I don't remember the specifics but they went over it at the beginning of the season. He has more than just rice but I'm sure it's rationed.
Old 03-31-11, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got an extra big kick out of watching last night's volcano/picnic reward: I stood at the edge of that same volcano during a two week trek through Nicaragua last summer. Beautiful place.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Agreed.

Originally Posted by davidh777
Grant is having an Ozzie-esque run.
Weren't Ozzie's wins mostly post-merge? If Grant is smart, he'll downplay his abilities after the merge and then go on a run when it's only Ometepe remaining (assuming Zap gets picked off one by one).
Old 03-31-11, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Got an extra big kick out of watching last night's volcano/picnic reward: I stood at the edge of that same volcano during a two week trek through Nicaragua last summer. Beautiful place.
Were you a litter bug like Boston Rob?
Old 03-31-11, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Were you a litter bug like Boston Rob?
No, but in hindsight I should have pushed my then girlfriend into the abyss.

She broke up with me three days after we got back to the States.
Old 03-31-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

That's the kind of volcano I always imagined Obi-Wan and Anakin having their fateful duel on.
Old 03-31-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Setzer
They're paying the price for throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell and I love it. What did Mike say about the tribe having good synergy now that Russell is gone? LOL Yeah, because you guys weren't winning challenges when he was around.

I hope Rob's team picks them off one by one come the merge. Only way I don't see that happening is if Philip flips and Sarita beats Matt in the duel.
It's not like Russell was that great in the challenges. The tribe was afraid that Russell was going to find the HII and cause more havoc. This is on Ralph since he already had the idol and chose not to tell the other 6 members until after the vote? So, they decided they needed to get rid of Russell before he found the idol when they still had the numbers. Ralph could have stopped all that by just fessing up to the idol earlier. Sarita is a bad contestant. However her team is also stupid for wanting someone "strong" in challenges when the merge was coming anyways.
Old 03-31-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by chowderhead
It's not like Russell was that great in the challenges. The tribe was afraid that Russell was going to find the HII and cause more havoc. This is on Ralph since he already had the idol and chose not to tell the other 6 members until after the vote? So, they decided they needed to get rid of Russell before he found the idol when they still had the numbers. Ralph could have stopped all that by just fessing up to the idol earlier. Sarita is a bad contestant. However her team is also stupid for wanting someone "strong" in challenges when the merge was coming anyways.
They had a 6 vs 3 alliance... even with an immunity idol, they simply split the vote and the hidden immunity idol is a non-issue; and if they are too stupid to figure that out, then they vote out one of the chicks on the Russell alliance. The issue with throwing the challenge was the timing... they could have waited as the HII was not a threat when you have a 2:1 advantage.

They arrogantly assumed they would lose no more than 2 challenges pre-merge (which would keep their group of 6 intact after they threw a challenge).... but there was no reason to take that risk. If they had won a bunch of challenges they could have thrown a challenge a few weeks later when you know there is no risk of having to cut into your alliance pre-merge.

So they could have fixed this by either Ralph telling folks he had the HII or any one of the six having half a brain and knowing they can split a vote. It's possible they are all this stupid or have never watched survivor, but I think it's more likely it was a case of confidence/arrogance and not a fear of the HII.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.