The Bachelor 2011-Brad Womack returns

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-02-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor
Now that Christmas is over, finally something new is back on tv. New episodes start on monday and Brad is back for the second time, I know the beginning will be completly staged since he is supposed to meet with the two girls he dumped the first time on the show. But I love getting to see the insanely hot and crazy women on the show and I hope ABC brings back Bachelor Pad next summer.
Old 01-02-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Bachelor 2011-Brad Womack returns

Hopefully he will pull the same shit again and choose no one. That would be funny. And also deserved for bringing him back.
Old 01-02-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This guy's a total tool-box and I'm definitely watching.
Old 01-03-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After watching the 2-hour opener, I'm in. This could be the best train-wreck season of the Bachelor ever. The girls are pretty dang hawt, too. Brad must have requested "Big bewbs, please".

It'd be funny if both women at the end reject him.
Old 01-03-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really didn't want to watch this year but this could be the best year yet. I'm in.
Old 01-03-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Michelle from Salt lake would be my winner
Old 01-03-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by raven56706 View Post
Michelle from Salt lake would be my winner
The moms are a little scary, especially the brunette one (Michelle), while the blonde one Emily seems a bit frigid. Poor Ashley S, already shuttled into the friend zone. The slapper Chantal's got a nice face and bod, but probably too much of a daddy's girl. I also fear the dancing dentist chick, and the rockette. I like Stacey's nose. Alli's badonkadonk and rack ain't bad, though.
Old 01-03-11, 11:52 PM

This is the most messed up program ever. Where to start?

* People are mad at this guy for not choosing to marry someone from a small, random group of people? I'd think good sense would say it's more likely you wouldn't connect with someone in a marriage type way than you would.

* Instead of sticking up for himself and saying "Hey, I made the decision that was right for me under the circumstances", he comes back with this three-year-long counseling crap and non-stop apologies. Puh-leeze.

* The man is a tattooed beefcake model and we're supposed to buy this emo act? I think not.

Ugh. People are effing insane.

And I think I've put WAY too much thought into this. Heh heh
Old 01-04-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Brad the first time around, but he needs to stop being a pussy. He's said his piece about being a changed man, or whatever, so it's time to move on. Instead he brings it up at every turn.

I agree with the poster above. Why is he villified for making the best choice for him? Would it have been better if, like all the other guys on the show, he picks one and then ditches her ass a month or so later?

As for the girls, I didn't think that, on the whole, they are very attractive this time around. The dentist is already annoying, and they haven't even shown much of her yet. Michelle (hair stylist?) seems like a bitch. The fang girl needs to grow up as she would be very attractive if she would lose the silliness.
Old 01-04-11, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Obviously they removed Brad's balls when he was in therapy. He tries to say and do whatever the chicks want to hear -- that's fine if you're trying to get them to bed... it's not fine when you do it for two hours straight and say it to 30 chicks.

It looks like the hot blond mom from NC is going to leave the show at some point... that's what I gathered on the upcoming season promo bit at the end.
Old 01-04-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL View Post
* Instead of sticking up for himself and saying "Hey, I made the decision that was right for me under the circumstances", he comes back with this three-year-long counseling crap and non-stop apologies. Puh-leeze.
It's obvious that the producers made him do this, otherwise without the remorse-and-therapy storyline women viewers will continue to hate him and ratings will be down.

My pick to win is Michelle too.

Since we always have fairly accurate Bachelor spoilers every season, please put your spoilers in spoiler tags for those of us who don't want to know in advance how the show ends, thanks.
Old 01-04-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sinned View Post
Since we always have fairly accurate Bachelor spoilers every season, please put your spoilers in spoiler tags for those of us who don't want to know in advance how the show ends, thanks.
I can tell you how it ends right now... he will pick someone, break up months later, and never marry her.
Old 01-04-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But at least he'll pick someone at the end, and that's a pretty big step for Brad. Baby steps, people, baby steps...
Old 01-04-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

are any former bachelors or bachelorettes still married to the person they met on the show?
Old 01-04-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LurkerDan View Post
are any former bachelors or bachelorettes still married to the person they met on the show?
Trista still is (we had her on the talk show I produce a few months ago) and seems happy. But she was the first. I don't think any of the others are still together.

Obviously the chick hitting Brad made for a great promo (which is exactly why I'm sure the producers staged the whole thing), but would that have gone over as "aw shucks" if the next Bachelorette gets slapped across the face by a guy she just met?

Here's a hint: no, it wouldn't.
Old 01-04-11, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The beginning was so staged, they even talked to his therapist. Why did they do that reunion with Deanna and Jenny. Deanna is engaged, and they had a reunion on an ABC News special they did last year. The chick who is the manscaper has the best boobs, they are going to keep the crazy chick with the vampire fetish just for drama, then he will cut her in the final few episodes.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-04-11 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
I can tell you how it ends right now... he will pick someone, break up months later, and never marry her.
Spoiller tag this, dammit
Old 01-05-11, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL View Post
* The man is a tattooed beefcake model and we're supposed to buy this emo act? I think not.
This.

I kind of wonder how much tail he got just because he was on the show. Without picking someone, he certainly was "available".
Old 01-05-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't watched The Bachelor in years, but I figured I'd check this one out. Unfortunately, my DVR didn't catch it for some reason, and I could only record the last 45 minutes.

at how that one chick couldn't get any alone time with him. at Miss Dracula. That's disturbing. No way I would have picked her.

Michelle (the first girl he gave a rose to in the ceremony) is really hot - definitely the most attractive by far (at least of the ones who got roses and those who said goodbye). Hope she sticks around for most of it.

Also, does anyone know if old episodes of The Bachelor are archived anywhere - like on Hulu or something?
Old 01-05-11, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think ABC is re-airing the first episode of this Bachelor redux on Saturday night. Check your local listings.
Old 01-05-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm really hoping guys use more than looks to determine desirable women. At least Brad seems to, which is good. As for people still together, I think there are a few, though maybe not married. Melissa Rycoft was dumped at after the final rose, I believe, and I think the guy is still with the one he switched to.
Old 01-06-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MikahC View Post
I'm really hoping guys use more than looks to determine desirable women. At least Brad seems to, which is good. As for people still together, I think there are a few, though maybe not married. Melissa Rycoft was dumped at after the final rose, I believe, and I think the guy is still with the one he switched to.
Jason married her the girl he dumped Melissa for, so two marriages that are still together.

Dating wise, Ally and Roberto are still together..
Not sure of any others though
Old 01-06-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by magiccmom View Post
Jason married her the girl he dumped Melissa for, so two marriages that are still together.

Dating wise, Ally and Roberto are still together..
Not sure of any others though
Trista Sutter (the first Bachelorette) = still married.
Old 01-10-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

new episode airs tonight
Old 01-10-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The birthday girl looks alot older than 30...and she is an annoying bitch. And worn out looking.

Last edited by cdollaz; 01-10-11 at 09:19 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.