Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Psych Double Feature -- "The Polarizing Express" & "Dead Bear Walking" -- 12/15/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Psych Double Feature -- "The Polarizing Express" & "Dead Bear Walking" -- 12/15/10

Old 12-15-10, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSYCH “The Polarizing Express” Season 5 Episode 14

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Shawn’s (James Roday) antics cause evidence to be thrown out in the high profile prosecution of a known crime lord named Czarsky, resulting in the dismissal of the entire case and the firings of not only the Psych agency but also of Henry as their liaison. After Henry wonders to Shawn what life would have been like in Santa Barbara if he had never returned, Shawn travels through a series of dreams which answer that question and aid him in discovering a new way to bust Czarsky for good.

PSYCH “Dead Bear Walking” Season 5 Episode 15

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
When a polar bear trainer is found dead, Shawn works to prove the bear’s innocence.

Promo:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3gIyE5kE3c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3gIyE5kE3c?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-16-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Psych Double Feature -- "The Polarizing Express" & "Dead Bear Walking" -- 12/15/

Gus as a sitcom featuring every black stereotype ever
Old 12-16-10, 01:40 AM

Re: Psych Double Feature -- "The Polarizing Express" & "Dead Bear Walking" -- 12/15/

Did anyone else catch the Grinch in the background outside the Psych Office when Shawn woke up in his dream the first time?
Fun couple episodes, looking foward to the finale now.
Old 12-16-10, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Gus as a sitcom featuring every black stereotype ever
That sitcom sequence was my favorite part. Both episodes were really good. Big to Juliet's "Heather Locklear" look.

Originally Posted by Geddlo View Post
Did anyone else catch the Grinch in the background outside the Psych Office when Shawn woke up in his dream the first time?
I saw something move around back there, but couldn't tell it was the Grinch.
Old 12-16-10, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A lot of great stuff tonight. I'm kind of overwhelmed. Best reoccurring gag had to be Gus hitting on the hot sister.

The first ep was good, but uneven. The second half dragged after a great start. Second ep was a much more solid all around episode.
Old 12-16-10, 10:37 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

This has probably already been posted, but if anyone wants to see Maggie Lawson as Wonder Woman , behaving badly... warning... her language is NSFW.

<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_5cd81407f4"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=5cd81407f4" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=5cd81407f4" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_5cd81407f4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 12-16-10, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought both episodes were great. Gus being creepy with Lassister's sister was hilarious.
Old 12-16-10, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I love Maggie Lawson but he costume does not suit her. And the sketch was lame.
Old 12-17-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier View Post
I thought both episodes were great. Gus being creepy with Lassister's sister was hilarious.
Creepy? I say SMOOTH.
Old 12-17-10, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Big to Juliet's "Heather Locklear" look.
Yeah, she was rocking that hairdo!

I also really, REALLY liked the Chief in her "Frau Vick" outfit and accent. Hot Damn!

Haven't watched the second episode yet--hopefully tonight.
Old 12-17-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose View Post
Creepy? I say SMOOTH.

I was rolling when Shawn told Tony Cox something like, "I'm a fan of the awkward exit" and makes him climb out through the window.
Old 12-17-10, 11:57 PM

Tony Cox was reading the crap out of those cue cards. It was very distracting to me.
Old 12-18-10, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by mraw View Post
Tony Cox was reading the crap out of those cue cards. It was very distracting to me.
I noticed that in the early scenes in the Psych office, I stopped looking for it later on as it was very very very distracting. It was like watching Gailard Sartain (from the Ernest movies) doing his eye gag.

Last edited by skacore; 12-18-10 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-18-10, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Those eps were great! And I will agree that this was the first time I saw the chief and thought she was Hot! Looked damn good in that German sequence. I LOVED the Willow mention when talking to Cox

And that chick who played the retard on 2.5 Men was really cute as well. I dug that and busted out when it turned to Lassie asking Gus out.
Old 12-20-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always thought the chief was attractive, but as the german outfit she was smoking. I guess it reminded me of all those Women of the SS movies I saw as a teen.
Old 12-26-10, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Cellar Door View Post
I also really, REALLY liked the Chief in her "Frau Vick" outfit and accent. Hot Damn!
+1. I was like YOWZA

I also really enjoyed Kandi (April Bowlby). That girl is seriously hot.

Psych doesnt usually have this kind of hotness, first Chief Vic and then Kandi.. Wow

Last edited by wearetheborg; 12-26-10 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-26-10, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Both were really good.

I only started watching this show a few months back as I don't watch a lot of TV, but I dig it now and am catching up on all the seasons.

The show is always funny, inventive, and the characters are written so well.
Old 12-26-10, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope April Bowlby returns. And the Chief looked all kinds of hot as Frau Vic.