Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home December 1st?
Benry
0%
Chase
25.00%
Dan
0%
Holly
0%
Jane
12.50%
Jud
0%
Purple Kelly
25.00%
NaOnka
25.00%
Sash
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

Originally Posted by dino88
Okay, I thought that was just some fan-concocted rumor. It's way too soon for that if it's true.
It isn't way too soon for it to happen. If CBS waits 5-10 yrs to do it then no one is going to care about it and trying to get both players to come back at that time may be even more difficult. Do it now while the past season is still fresh in their mind. I'm all for it and can't wait! This season has sucked big time so far.
Old 12-05-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I wasn't sure where Jeff was going with the torches too--like he was planning to jump on them and break them or something.

Regardless of whether Dan wins, he's been playing on house money for a couple months now.

Originally Posted by funstan
Why are so many people on the "I hope Naonka loses her job" bandwagon? There are tons of people who act like Naonka everyday and they still get to earn a living. Please spare me the crap about how she is a teacher who influences children. She behaved terribly on a reality show, there are tons of crimes that are worse. We have allowed many disgraced business leaders (Michael Milliken) to teach business courses at universities. We allow Michael Vick to lecture school children. She teaches in a high crime school district, maybe she has had a positive effect on many of the children there. She is 28 years old, we have only seen her for one hour a week for 3 months.
I don't want to think I might have to respect Naonka.
Old 12-05-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see her getting fired because her negative influence as a PE Teacher could lead to kids being Inspired to quit Dodgeball matches.
Old 12-05-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I agree that there seemed to be a higher than usual number of clueless players it really hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of the season. Its made things fairly unpredictable from week to week.
Old 12-06-10, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sven
While I agree that there seemed to be a higher than usual number of clueless players it really hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of the season. Its made things fairly unpredictable from week to week.
I agree with Sven. I have enjoyed this season as much as any other. I doubt it will be a favorite, but the lack of strategic players has cause quite a few WTF tribals, which keeps it interesting for me.

I've also enjoyed the challenges. I can see why some of you dislike most of them this season. Gulliver was a total gimmick to tie-in with the movie, I liked it because of that, it made the challenge different than some in my recent memory. I prefer the producers keep new games coming, instead of just re-hashing old challenges. Although HvV was an awesome season for the most part, the re-use of challenges from recent seasons was kind of a let down for me.
Old 12-06-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm with Sven on this as well. Survivor as a show is just gold, period. There has never been a season that I have disliked. And I certainly would never have given a second's thought of giving up on watching midway through a season.
Old 12-06-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
I agree. While this will ultimately be a pretty forgettable season of Survivor, I'm enjoying it as much as any season. Survivor continues to be one of my very few must-watch shows. I know they manipulate us a bit with the editing, but in terms of experience, I believe it's still one of the "purest" and "most real" reality shows on TV. There's a reason Survivor (and The Amazing Race) is still around and going strong vs other reality shows which come and go. It's just very well done.
Old 12-07-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been following along with everyone here, but I think this is my first post this season.

Wow! This is by far the worst season.

I guess I'm rooting for Fabio?

Quitters should be replaced with contestants who've been voted out. Give those people who want to play a second chance. The remaining players should vote at TC for the returning player(s). No way should a quitter be on the jury.
Old 12-07-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Doesn't quitting imply you are done with the show? I don't get the I quit the game playing part, but will not quit the voting part.... When you quit, you're quitting the show, not selective portions of the show.

After quitting a job, you're not going to show up at the performance reviews later in the year to judge people that worked with or for you (the jury) and you probably wouldn't show up at the Christmas party (the reunion show).

And in terms of fairness to people still playing the game... dem's the breaks... you align yourself with a nutjob or someone who's weak and might quit, that's the risk you run of banking on that jury vote or alliance.
Old 12-08-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Excellent points wirefan