Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Nicaragua – Nov. 17th, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Nov. 17th, 2010

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
I don't think there's ever been a Survivor contestant as pussy-whipped as Chase.
Agreed 100%.
Old 11-19-10, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
I don't think there's ever been a Survivor contestant as pussy-whipped as Chase.
Originally Posted by superfro
Agreed 100%.
What about Brendon? Oh wait, wrong show.
Old 11-19-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad Brenda is gone.

Can't stand her either but props to Jane for winning immunity.

I just hope Fabio win it. Seem like the only likeable person left.
Old 11-20-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Anyone watching the Ponderosa videos? If you haven't ... well, honestly you're not missing that much. Nothing as fun as last season, like when Coach, Courtney, and JT started their own rock band - The Dragonz! So far, these people are just as unlikable outside the game as they were when playing it. Marty and Brenda are talking like they're great players, and it was just a fluke that they got voted out. And Alina is just being miserable, staying off by her herself complaining how much she hates everyone. You do get a lot of Alina in a bikini, so if that does it for you - there you go!

One interesting bit of game information came up - Brenda mentioned how she never even talked to Sash about the possibility of him giving her the HII. That's surprising to me. I know she said she wasn't going to scramble, but I thought at the least she tried to talk Sash (her closest ally) into giving her the HII (and that's what that look between the two at TC was about). In retrospect, Brenda talks about how she should have taken out Naonka if she used the HII. Not that Sash would've given it to her - but if she didn't try she really deserves to be out of the game. If she managed to do that, her alliance (her, Sash, Chase, Purple Kelly) would still be down 4 to 5. But they'd have 3 days to bring someone else over, and no one else seems tightly allied.

Another interesting bit of game information - about the next tribal council - came up. Not a spoiler about who gets voted out, but the circumstances of the TC:
Spoiler:
instead of waiting 3 days for the next TC, it was the very next day after Brenda got voted out. They all seemed pretty surprised about that.

Last edited by brainee; 11-20-10 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-20-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Another interesting bit of game information - about the next tribal council - came up. Not a spoiler about who gets voted out, but the circumstances of the TC:
Spoiler:
instead of waiting 3 days for the next, it was the very next day after Brenda got voted out. They all seemed pretty surprised about that.
Which probably means that
Spoiler:
the next episode will have 2 tribal councils and 2 evictions. There's 9 contestants left with only 3 episodes before the finale, so this makes sense.

FYI, this week's episode is just a recap. The show will resume 12/1 and the finale airs 12/19.
Old 11-20-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

BTW, if any you ever go by the site survivorsucks.com ... don't. At least if you don't want to have the season spoiled. Even though there's a separate subforum for spoiler discussion, some asshole just posted the name of the winner in the subject line on page one of the main forum. Seriously ... what kind of pathetic people do shit like this, just to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Old 11-20-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

You do get a lot of Alina in a bikini, so if that does it for you - there you go!
Hmm, interesting

BTW, if any you ever go by the site survivorsucks.com ... don't. At least if you don't want to have the season spoiled. Even though there's a separate subforum for spoiler discussion, some asshole just posted the name of the winner in the subject line on page one of the main forum. Seriously ... what kind of pathetic people do shit like this, just to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Partly power trip, partly being an ass by screwing over other people
Old 11-20-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dino88
FYI, this week's episode is just a recap. The show will resume 12/1 and the finale airs 12/19.
recap
Old 11-20-10, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

It's how All-Stars was ruined for me. Of course knowing the final 3 made me not want to watch b/c I knew who would DOMINATE the edit. So I quit watching.

Of course, since I already knew the final 3 I went ahead and spoiled the winner for myself. I had to chuckle to that.
Old 11-20-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I actually thought Jane had a shot in the immunity challenge because her strength to body weight was in her favor.

Originally Posted by Jeff Probst blog
Listen up future players: If you don’t have the idol in your possession when you walk in to tribal council, it is very unlikely you will have it in your hand when I ask for it. Yes it has happened on rare occasions, as when Parvati had a bag full of idols, but in most situations, the idol will be used to save the person who possesses it.
Dang, that was an awesome move
Old 11-22-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen every season so far. Only episode I've ever missed was the famous episode where they stripped for a peanut butter sandwich.

Anyway, out of all the seasons to date, this is probably the one I'd be least disappointed in having spoiled. Really, not that big a deal. Can't wait for this one to be done. Doesn't even make decent background noise while I play on my phone.
Old 11-22-10, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season is way more enjoyable than Samoa and Fiji.

Other then Benry and Purple Kelly everyone left has gotten a fair amount of facetime.

It was pretty awful how the winner of Samoa and half the cast were treated like background extras so they could turn it into the Russell and Shambo show.
Old 11-23-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
recap
Agreed. Nothing worse than Survivor recaps. I know they need to fill the week, but geez.