Old 11-11-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Nikita -- "One Way" -- 11/11/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nikita (Maggie Q) and Michael (Shane West) temporarily team-up to kill a terrorist who murdered Michael's family many years ago. When Percy (Xander Berkeley) learns this information, he sends Division agents to kill Nikita, who ultimately compromises the mission, leading to Michael's capture by the terrorist group. Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) is caught going through medical files inside Division so she creates a lie that involves Jaden (Tiffany Hines) and almost blows her cover.

Episode 9 of 22

This show rocks! Looking forward to this.
Old 11-11-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "One Way" -- 11/11/10

Very good episode. Didn't think the show would be good at first but it's in my must watch list.
Old 11-11-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome episode.

It was great seeing Nikita and Michael working together. They played up the sexual tension well without going overboard. Also good to get a backstory on Michael - nice little touch to show him with the morphine. Maybe he was also an addict like the other recruits?

The shootout/fight scene near the end was fantastic. I've said it before, but Maggie Q was perfect casting.

Loved the way Alex got out of her situation. I knew she wouldn't get away with a "he said, she said" defense, so she tricks her rival into vouching for her. Smart.
Old 11-12-10, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Michael was gonna OD on the morphine since he lost his family. Percy comes along and offers revenge so he goes for it.
Old 11-12-10, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Week in and week out i continue to be amazed how much this show draws me in. I expected to hate it considering how into the USA version i was, and now can appreciate it based on it's own merits.

I think it is well acted, i think they do interesting things that i don't expect (how Alex handled her problem) and i find myself lost enough in the story that i get amped up over what is happening and excited about what might happen next. For me it is rare that i am anxious over a character's fate and what could happen to them, but i find myself "on the edge of my seat" when i am watching.

It is what i hoped Covert Affairs was going to be like.
Old 11-13-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Week in and week out i continue to be amazed how much this show draws me in.

I think it is well acted, i think they do interesting things that i don't expect (how Alex handled her problem) and i find myself lost enough in the story that i get amped up over what is happening and excited about what might happen next. For me it is rare that i am anxious over a character's fate and what could happen to them, but i find myself "on the edge of my seat" when i am watching.
My thoughts exactly. Finally watched all 9 eps this week and I can safely say that Nikita is one of my all-time favorites.

The things I was afraid of in the first couple of installments (Spy University for 90210 types; a forced/cliched relationship between Nikita and Michael; going overboard on Maggie Q's sex appeal to draw an audience) haven't materialized at all. In fact, the show keeps getting better and better. I love the performances (especially the perpetually grimacing Michael), digging the many subplots (although whiny black girl needs to go), the subtle humor, the frequent shout-outs to Bond, and the Hong Kong action flick-quality fight scenes...

Loving it so far.
Old 11-15-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Awesome episode.

It was great seeing Nikita and Michael working together. They played up the sexual tension well without going overboard. Also good to get a backstory on Michael - nice little touch to show him with the morphine. Maybe he was also an addict like the other recruits?

The shootout/fight scene near the end was fantastic. I've said it before, but Maggie Q was perfect casting.

Loved the way Alex got out of her situation. I knew she wouldn't get away with a "he said, she said" defense, so she tricks her rival into vouching for her. Smart.
Perfect summary of my thoughts as well. Awesome episode and I loved the backstory on Michael. As for the morphine, I think Michael was definitely going to commit suicide after seeing her wife and daughter murdered before his eyes, but Percy came along and offered a better alternative. I like that they kept the Kasim story open as well for re-visiting. This was probably Shane West's best performance so far on the show. I enjoyed how Nikita and Michael sort of bonded in this episode.

**Note to the Creators of Covert Affairs, take lots of notes on this show. This is what you failed miserably to do in season 1.

We're only about 1/3 into this season, but I honestly think this is the best new serial action drama since 24 premiered 9 years ago.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-15-10 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-15-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
It is what i hoped Covert Affairs was going to be like.
Originally Posted by DJariya
**Note to the Creators of Covert Affairs, take lots of notes on this show. This is what you failed miserably to do in season 1.
This show has really exposed how lame Covert Affairs S1 was. CA needs to step up its game in S2.
Old 11-15-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
We're only about 1/3 into this season, but I honestly think this is the best new serial action drama since 24 premiered 9 years ago.