TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Event -- "I Know Who You Are" -- 11/08/10

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: The Event -- "I Know Who You Are" -- 11/08/10

Originally Posted by Raul3
Have they mentioned or hinted why they are here?

Or was it an accident that they are here?
I'd say no on both accounts. About all we know is that they want to get home.
Old 11-10-10, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I actually wasn't all that surprised by this scene. I still think these are earthlings from the future who want to get back to their time. I believe this is where the experiments to change their DNA started, to give them longer life. I don't know why they came back--maybe to stop it from happening, maybe to do something else, but this is where it started. I'm guessing either they can't die and they want to stop themselves from discovering eternal life because they want to be able to "rest," or something's gone wrong and they need to travel through time to correct it...like that old sci-fi show where beings from the future had to travel to the past to get mates because they could no longer reproduce themselves.
The thing is, though, they want to get back badly... and they introduced technology to fast track the atom bomb to do so. Cool idea, though.

So how did those conspiracy guys disappear? Alien/future technology too?

I liked that they explained how they flew under the radar while making all that money. I will nitpick one thing, though it was based on conjecture: if the "bad guys" wanted to kill two birds with one stone (by making the father fly the plane into the president) why go through all that trouble? I mean, they had to go through all this trouble framing the boyfriend (who happens to be a leet hacker) to kidnap the daughter to make him fly the plane. Why not just kill the father and burn the house down, then get some other poor sap to fly the plane? Why stage the whole cruise thing at all? It's not like they covered up the murder of the wife all that well. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.
Old 11-10-10, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
The thing is, though, they want to get back badly... and they introduced technology to fast track the atom bomb to do so. Cool idea, though.

So how did those conspiracy guys disappear? Alien/future technology too?

I liked that they explained how they flew under the radar while making all that money. I will nitpick one thing, though it was based on conjecture: if the "bad guys" wanted to kill two birds with one stone (by making the father fly the plane into the president) why go through all that trouble? I mean, they had to go through all this trouble framing the boyfriend (who happens to be a leet hacker) to kidnap the daughter to make him fly the plane. Why not just kill the father and burn the house down, then get some other poor sap to fly the plane? Why stage the whole cruise thing at all? It's not like they covered up the murder of the wife all that well. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.
I don't know how the conspiracy guys disappeared. That was a bit odd.

In regard to your nitpick, I think the writers are trying to mislead us with the "two birds with one stone" suggestion. I believe the target wasn't the president at all, but rather the main "alien" woman who was out in a public place where she could be killed for the first time. I'm surmising that someone else out there, maybe in the future, wants her dead.

I can't figure out what purpose the pilot plays in all this though. Maybe we'll get some answers to that this next week.
Old 11-10-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I believe the target wasn't the president at all, but rather the main "alien" woman who was out in a public place where she could be killed for the first time.
I like this idea.

Well, this part of it, anyway.
Old 11-10-10, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

meh. my interest in this show is waning. at first the jumping around wasn't that big of a deal as it was contained to the "main" characters. now it's all over the place with secondary characters, too.
Old 11-10-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,560 Posts

They're just following the Lost formula of allowing different people to have flashbacks to flesh out the background. What I didn't like was that it was a pretty heavy-handed, obvious way to show that "evil guy from Heroes" was hurt in the past by a mole.

I think the intent of the plane crash was to prevent the President from freeing the prisoners and revealing their existence to the general public. Whether the plan was to kill the president, kill "mother," or to get the aliens to reveal themselves and turn the President against them, we don't know.
Old 11-11-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts

I thought the same thing about the President and the beer.

I have to agree with the others who thought the stuff with the Intelligence Chief's background was good but the rest of the episode bordered on the absurd between the secret group being able to instantly track cell traffic and the planting of the blood/DNA and fingerprints. Just way too easy.
Old 11-11-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Going back to two weeks ago when Sean and Leila seemingly got to her parents' house in a matter of minutes after leaving the police station in Texas, it was mentioned in this episode that her parents live in Atlanta.

Maybe there was a second portal.
Old 11-11-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by printerati
Going back to two weeks ago when Sean and Leila seemingly got to her parents' house in a matter of minutes after leaving the police station in Texas, it was mentioned in this episode that her parents live in Atlanta.

Maybe there was a second portal.
I know. This was very sloppy writing to me. Sean and Leila left the FBI agent at the hotel and next scene they're at her mother's house in Atlanta. About 20+ hours away by car. We kept thinking we missed something.