Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terriers -- "Pimp Daddy" -- 11/03/10

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Terriers -- "Pimp Daddy" -- 11/03/10

It shames me a show with such great writing as this one languishes in the ratings but crap like Mike and Molly gets top ratings every freaking week.
Old 11-06-10, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greydt
Been waiting a few weeks for it, but the theme song "Gunfight Epiphany" by Robert Duncan came out on Itunes this week. Awesome song.
I picked it up yesterday. The song gets stuck in my head everytime I watch the show.
Old 11-09-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I love this show. I started watching it because it was filmed on my stomping ground but now it is my favorite show. This last episode was balls on perfect.

A lot of my love for this show comes from the fact that OB and San Diego are an integral part of the show. Most shows are set in a location but it could be any city 99% of the time. Other than a few transition shots of some famous land mark it could be a sound stage. Terriers seems to ALWAYS be in OB and San Diego. They even get the traveling right. In one episode when returning from the downtown jail to OB they were having a conversation in the car while the Pacific Coast Hwy between the two locations passed in the background. Even random houses and street locations are right. One episode had the pair visiting briefly a house that was supposed to be in OB. I thought, "Ah, ha, that's not in OB" and the Google mapped the street signs I saw in the background. Yup, OB, but an obscure part I had never seen.

There are only two things they get wrong. OB is a neighborhood and not a city. They don't have a police department. I can see the reason for this though, since the OBPD is often made to look stupid or assholish I can see them making the change because they would have needed extensive SDPD help to do so much local filming. Second, everything seems to take place on Newport Ave in OB with the pier in the background, especially random driving. Newport is only 4 or 5 blocks long but since it is so distinctive and funky looking I can see why it looks good on film. The problem is you would never drive down Newport to the pier to get to anywhere and it is usually so congested any local would avoid it.

I waited 9 episodes to see my favorite restaurant in the back ground and in this episode they just walked right in. The place the kid worked is Hodads and has the best burgers by far on earth. Just ask Guy Fieri.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0hiSIjrnK0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0hiSIjrnK0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-09-10, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

i thought that was Hodad's where the kid was. Love that place.