Old 11-04-10, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "The Rose" -- 11/04/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) come to Elena's assistance and, in the process, learn surprising new information about people, vampires and events in the distant past. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) helps Bonnie (Katerina Graham) after she casts a difficult and exhausting spell, and Caroline (Candice Accola) does what she can to make things easier for Tyler (Michael Trevino). Finally, Stefan and Damon reach a new understanding.

Episode 8 of 22

Extended Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZJ2thWlW_U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZJ2thWlW_U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-04-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "The Rose" -- 11/04/10

Another great episode. I love seeing Caroline kick ass. at the look on Tyler's face when she took him down.

The scene where they took out the old vampire was cool. But they should've burned the body.

It always cracks me up to see Damon drinking blood like it's a pack of Capri Sun.
Old 11-05-10, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm guessing the older vampires need to be beheaded after being staked.
Old 11-05-10, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I'm guessing the older vampires need to be beheaded after being staked.
Somebody at VD Central has been reading Vampire the Masquerade.

I don't think he's just old, I think he's an "Original". Rose is 500 years old too and she's frightened of him. I don't think she had anti-staking powers. He was badass though, taking a vampire's head off in a single backhand shows major mojo.

How did Damon know the vampires in question were 500 years old? He would have no idea how old they were in 1864 when Katherine was running from them, and he doesn't appear to know anything about the Originals.

I hope we'll get more information next week on the significance of being a "Petrovna doppelganger" and why they exist.
Old 11-05-10, 07:45 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

another solid episode from a show that I never thought I would like.
Old 11-05-10, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

WTF. Why didn't they behead/burn him?

And how does Elena know Katherine is alive? I could have sworn someone told her that Damon 'took care of her' which I took it ask he was lying to her that he killed her.

Great moment between Damon and Elena in her room. I have a suspicion that Elena had ingested some Vervain (since she no longer had her necklace) so while Damon thinks he wiped her mind, he really didn't.
Old 11-06-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Just caught this last night. So So good. Probably IMO one of the most addictive shows on TV right now.

I agree with Fist of Doom, Loved seeing Caroline kick some ass in this episode. I think the writers realized what a boring character she was in season 1 because her turnaround has been amazing.

Damon drinking the blood pack like it was Capri Sun was indeed hilarious. I did enjoy the moment at the end with Elena. It was pretty noble for him to take a backseat on his feelings for her because of Stefan.

I know most of you hate Bonnie, but I don't think she's been that bad recently. I enjoyed her scenes with Jeremy and hopefully we get to see her hot cousin again soon.
Old 11-06-10, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Bonnie has been less annoying...but this 'magic is bad' PSA shit has to stop. I hated this shit when Willow had the 'problem'. Is it going to take Jeremy giving her a yellow crayon speech to stop being fucking nuts?
Old 11-06-10, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just caught this last night. So So good. Probably IMO one of the most addictive shows on TV right now.
Between this and Nikita, Thursdays on the CW are now my most anticipated TV. Never thought that would happen.
Old 11-08-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see Elijah is still around. He was pretty bad ass with his super karate chop. That was pretty violent. I was kind of surprised they showed what they did.
Old 11-09-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

This show rocks!

You know as soon as Elijah said, "You're pardoned." that the brother was dead. Stupid of her 500 years on to not check.

Speaking of her and brother, I'm continually impressed with how this show manages to bring in new characters. Not only do they fit into the established world, but they are played well enough that you become invested. I'd really like to have the two stick around, but at a minimum Rose seems like a cool character to have around.

I wonder if the nose bleeds means that Bonnie needs more practice? I never got the impression that any of the other witches we've seen have had similar issues.

Good Caroline and Tyler development. How long until Matt gets jealous of Tyler?

Gizmo - I don't think Elena can do that. You saw the older vampire compel her to divulge what she knows about the moonstone and that worked. I just don't think Damon gave a backstory about the necklace, which is why she was confused it was on her neck.

I thought Rose told Elena that the originals = the founding families. I didn't necessarily take that to mean that they were the original vampires per se. Also, I got the impression that Katherine, while human, was the Doppelgänger of another vampire. However, to "save" her the brother turned her and betrayed the originals.