Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory -- "The Desperation Emanation" -- 10/21/10

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Big Bang Theory -- "The Desperation Emanation" -- 10/21/10

Originally Posted by Coral
So Raj has a deaf girlfriend. That's a clever way of not having his shyness get in the way of getting a girlfriend. Here's an idea that may work... let the viewer see the actual relationship!!. Seriously, they wasted a great opportunity to see how Raj wound up meeting a deaf girlfriend and how they interact. His shyness is the main attribute of his character... and they reference it a lot. You figure at some point we get to see him interact with a woman without being drunk somehow at some point. You have a good idea... follow through with it!
I hope they cast Shoshannah Stern as Raj's girlfriend. She was pretty good on Jericho and is showed some decent comic timing on a couple of episodes of Lie to Me this season.

As for Kaley's injury. you also think celebs would learn to leave show jumping to the professionals after what happened to Christopher Reeve.
Old 10-25-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Barings
As for Kaley's injury. you also think celebs would learn to leave show jumping to the professionals after what happened to Christopher Reeve.
And the fact she told Ellen she would ride now if she could get her cast in the saddle is INSANE! Sit back and enjoy your money, honey!
Old 10-25-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
She's supposed to be emotionless and clinical, almost robot-like. IMHO I think she's doing that just fine. It's probably the character, and not so much the performance, you find horrible.

In any case, BBT got its best ratings ever in the 18-49 demo, so she's not exactly hurting the show.
She's supposed to be the female equivalent of Sheldon. It's not her lines that are the problem - it's the delivery. Not everyone can pull off what Jim Parsons does, I understand that, but she is doing a piss-poor job.
Old 10-25-10, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikael79
She's supposed to be the female equivalent of Sheldon. It's not her lines that are the problem - it's the delivery. Not everyone can pull off what Jim Parsons does, I understand that, but she is doing a piss-poor job.
It's hard to picture any actress playing that character and coming off as endearing as Sheldon. On paper Sheldon is an annoying prick but Jim Parsons makes the character lovable (for some anyway). Most actresses are just going to be annoying in that part, maybe Mayim was the least annoying out of all the ones they auditioned.

Still, she is annoying. If they couldn't have found an actress to really shine in that part they should have just scrapped the idea. Imagine how terrible the show would be if Mayim had replaced Parsons from the beginning of the show.
Old 10-25-10, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpanishTechno
It's hard to picture any actress playing that character and coming off as endearing as Sheldon. On paper Sheldon is an annoying prick but Jim Parsons makes the character lovable (for some anyway). Most actresses are just going to be annoying in that part, maybe Mayim was the least annoying out of all the ones they auditioned.
I find that hard to believe. How Blossom got a 5 year run with Bialik as the lead is something I still don't understand. She has always been incredibly annoying!

Frankly, I think they should figure out a way to bring back Riki Lindhome who was in The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem episode from season 2. If they can tone down her character who was pretty abrasive, she would be a great addition to the cast and foil for Sheldon. She was also in a Domino's commercial.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/acCnKmZDpfA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/acCnKmZDpfA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Barings; 10-25-10 at 07:47 PM. Reason: statement clarification