Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bones -- The 6th season thread -- Thursday's on FOX

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bones -- The 6th season thread -- Thursday's on FOX

It was pretty gross...you guys are talking about when the judge confessed to shitting her pants right?

This was a pretty good episode.

I think perhaps this episode got the same treatment as the episode that launched the original Grave Digger character. The killer was intended to be a normal one off, but they had some character scenes they didn't want to cut and they changed the ending and let the killer get away. I think they intended for the killer to get away from the start here, but the ending was a little hectic and muddled and I wouldn't be surprised to learn they had to tweak the final few scenes. For one, Bones is with Booth when he finds out about the land bought in his name then they cut to Booth showing up alone and Bones later says that he should have waited for her.

PS. I couldn't help but rolling my eyes as B&B contaminated the hell out of the sniper's shooting spot. "This is definitely where he was...let me touch everything without gloves, throw stuff around and rearrange the furniture."
Old 01-28-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess once they got away with Summer Glau's death on Dollhouse they figured they could do something similar here.

Maybe next year AI will have Randy Jackson's head explode.
Old 01-28-11, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed with those above, was very surprised by the quality of the effects.
Old 01-28-11, 07:56 PM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Agreed with those above, was very surprised by the quality of the effects.
we were all like wtf in unison yesterday when it happened.

these shows getting more graphic
Old 01-28-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I liked the Gravedigger, sorry to see her go. Sweet headshot and splatter though.

Now I guess we'll see the Mummy again.
Old 01-29-11, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I liked the Gravedigger, sorry to see her go. Sweet headshot and splatter though.

Now I guess we'll see the Mummy again.
He'll always be second-string Darkman to me.
Old 01-29-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The kill shot took me by surprise as well.

But what the hell happened in the last 10 mins? Seemed very uneven to me. Booth finds out who the guy is, finds out someone someone bought a plot of land in his name, goes there alone, gets dared to jump a fence because of a camera hooked on a tree, suddenly is unable to run without falling all over himself, hurts his shoulder, but is unable to get up and the sniper gets away.

I guess I get that there's a history between him and Booth, and I guess learning about it and tracking him down will be in a future episode, but it's like the last 10 minutes were from a different episode. Just weird to me.

And I laughed as well as they entered the crime scene where the sniper was, didn't check the rooms/closet to secure it, and began touching everything, throwing it on the floor, and moving the desk around.
Old 01-31-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A lot of things seemed a little off to me. It seems to me you had characters saying things they just wouldn't, telling us and other characters what we already knew. How many times did we need to be told who the guy with the beard was? Could they have made it any more obvious he was involved (although how he was involved was a nice twist I think). The scene in the apartment was wrong, I agree, for many reasons. The dialog outside the door was ridiculous. There was no reason for Booth and Bones to be discussing the woman's profession at that moment. It should have been Booth and heavily armed SWAT making the entry. Having Bones knock on the woman's door? Unbelievable.

The experiment scene with Hodgins and Cam was a little weird too. Didn't the writer know that, in science, weight is almost always discussed in terms of kilograms or grams? They would never say a body weighed "1900 ounces." Never.

The ending didn't work for me, either. It would have been more effective to have Booth storm the property with a team, only to find a message from the killer just for him.

Sweets involvement in the episode seemed tacked-on, too. They've already done "Sweets traumatized." This seemed like a re-hash.

What I did like was, obviously, the kill shot. Hodgins reaction to her death was well-played. I also like the idea that maybe Broadsky will be a sniper/vigilante, Dexter with a high powered rifle and scope.
Old 01-31-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aintnosin

Sweets involvement in the episode seemed tacked-on, too. They've already done "Sweets traumatized." This seemed like a re-hash.
This seemed more like his confidence got destroyed to me. The Gravedigger had been a successful prosecutor for years and on the ride she basically laid out why she'd go free and it was because of Sweets that it would happen. Plus it built to an excellent scene showing Caroline's vulnerable side which we've never seen AFAIK.
Old 01-31-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

There was the episode where the guy on the subway just went into remission and then promptly died when it crashed. Sweets was riding on the subway when this happened.
Old 01-31-11, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Axeramm
There was the episode where the guy on the subway just went into remission and then promptly died when it crashed. Sweets was riding on the subway when this happened.
I know, that episode was about Sweets facing his mortality, this one seemed to be more about Sweets losing confidence in his professional abilities. At least to me.
Old 05-13-11, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crud.

Spoiler:
I liked random trivia squint.
Old 05-13-11, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by dalbowski
Crud.

Spoiler:
I liked random trivia squint.
He got a fulltime job on the new SyFy show Alphas this summer. That's why they wrote him out.
Old 05-13-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He was my favorite of the interns.