Merlin - Series 3

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Merlin - Series 3

Old 09-19-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Merlin - Series 3

Series 3 started two weeks ago on BBC.

I wasn't planning on starting this thread but I just watched the first two episodes and I think I might be done with the show.

Spoiler:
What they have done with Morgana has just about ruined the show for me. First, they just took her evil meter and cranked it to 11. It's ridiculous, so much so that I half expected a reveal that she was under some kind of mind control. I mean the evil smirks every time somebody turned their back were getting down right ridiculous. A few mirrors in the castle and she wouldn't last a week without being discovered.

With Uther being a royal douche about magic it wouldn't have been too hard to created a more realistic, and even sympathetic, transformation. I always thought the actress was kind of weak, but also extremely hot, but even she should be able to pull of something more nuanced than this.

Ok, so fine they ruined the character, but does that ruin the show? The problem I have is how they kept her in the royal court. This show requires enough suspension of disbelief already with everyone narrowly avoiding the discovery of Merlin's secret now I'm sure, much to Merlin's chagrin, Morgana's secrets will also narrowly avoid being revealed each week. Plus, as it stands now shouldn't every week have at least one attempt by Morgana to kill Merlin? I don't see why she didn't kill him the moment she saw him back at the castle.