What TV DEATH Affected you the Most ?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What TV DEATH Affected you the Most ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-10, 12:17 AM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: What TV DEATH Affected you the Most ?

The Wire:
Spoiler:
Bodie's death tore me apart.
Cried like a baby.

A number of others on that show as well: Stringer and Omar were also notable.

Angel:
Spoiler:
Wesley. The line "Lie to me. Please" made me lose it.
Old 07-30-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'll bite, what was "family meeting" from?
Old 07-30-10, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Wire

Spoiler:
Bodie getting his brains blown out gave me a boner. Too bad the same thing never happened to Poot.
Old 07-30-10, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
OK, I'll bite, what was "family meeting" from?
The Shield.
Old 07-30-10, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I'll have to say Kenny from South Park!!!

wow you must be an emotional wreck then
Old 07-30-10, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not putting up a spoiler warning on a show that's not on anymore but ..... stop now if you want...

The death of Dualla on Battlestar just left me in tears. I was never as shocked by a character death on TV as in that moment, even having rewatched the whole series recently and knowing it was coming, I still got very emotional.
Old 07-30-10, 08:11 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm still pissed they killed off Tara on Buffy LOL. I liked her. And Rita on Dexter. RIP.
Old 07-30-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
Surprised everybody's mentioning the Dexter one. It was spoiled way ahead of time thanks to the performer who was involved's constant mentioning of the "BIG TWIST COMING OMFG" at every possible opportunity.
Sucks for you, I guess. I followed Dexter pretty closely in various media and never heard anything about anyone leaving.
Old 07-30-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

^^Who mourns for Simon Adebisi? Well, certainly not the family of the officer he beheaded ("It's your execution day, baby!"). Nor the Schibbetta Crime family (in regards to the death of Nino and the rape of Peter). But this entertaining scamp was really the beating heart of "Oz". His death in the middle of season 4 was cataclysmic for the series (and while the remainder of the show was decent, it simply was not as much fun).

I mean it would've been like if The Joker was killed in the middle of the multi-decade saga of "Batman" and never returned in any subsequent media form (thus denying Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, and Heath Ledger a chance to shine).

Oh, Adebisi, while you were not as vicious or inhumanly evil as Vern Schillinger (I mean who could? BTW, J.K. Simmons is a badass), I take this moment to whip my junk out in your honor!

*stands at attention, whips out junk while "Taps" plays, wipes away a tear*

Last edited by PatD; 07-30-10 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-30-10, 11:16 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

The Shield:

Spoiler:
Lem, and later the whole Cletus Van Damme family.

Dexter:

Spoiler:
Rita: kept holding my breath that this was another of Dexter's daydreams, and it hadn't really happened. But it had.

NYPD Blue:

Spoiler:
Andy and Simone go to the morgue regarding a man who was shot/killed in a bar hold-up. The look on Jimmy Smitt's face when he sees it is Andy's son on the gurney, and Denis Franz's voice in the background going through the man's personal effects and quietly saying "these are my son's..."

Thos.
Old 07-30-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow
I still have a hard time watching that episode.
Old 07-30-10, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD

The "Star Trek" universe never, ever felt as safe for the good guys again (there was no Genesis Effect to make things "all better" for any fallen hero this time).
Naw, just time travel and parallel universes Maybe she wasn't "all better," but she lived again, even had a kid.
Old 07-30-10, 02:56 PM

Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

^^
In fairness, I don't think those should count, because in the whole "Yesterday's Enterprise"/"Redemption I & II" situation, Tasha *did* live again, albeit briefly, buuuuuuut, she ending up dying all over again (sucked to be her).

Nor does her appearance in the series finale, "All Good Things..." because it was an alternate-timeline version of the past--that was later put back to normal.

When Spock came back from the dead, he was back for good! Heck, in a way, Dax came back from the dead kinda as the elfin murder-mystery solver, Ezri Dax.

The only other two main Star Trek characters who shuffled off the mortal coil PERMANENTLY were Charles "Trip" Tucker and Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
Old 07-30-10, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sven
The Wire

Spoiler:
Bodie getting his brains blown out gave me a boner. Too bad the same thing never happened to Poot.
Spoiler:
Yes really. That was a character that annoyed me when you look back on it. Never got touched and if I recall didn't even go to jail if I recall.
Old 07-30-10, 04:54 PM

I agree with those mentioning the final episodes of "Six feet Under" as well as Dr. Green from "ER," but for me the most emotional deaths came from the final episodes of "Angel":

Spoiler:
When Cordelia died especially at the end of the best episode of the season it really affected me. I think I was maybe 15 or 16 when the episode aired and she had been my favorite character in the buffyverse since the third season of Buffy and her emotional side started to come out. I'll never forget throwing my TV remote so hard against a wall it shattered, haha.

Also when Fred was turned into Illyria, that song that played during Fred's final scene still brings me goosebumps.
Old 07-30-10, 05:04 PM

just watched the shield so its still fresh in my mind. the final episode was heartbreaking. i dont remember how to spoiler so i wont mention name/s.
Old 07-30-10, 05:21 PM
Suspended

Old 07-31-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Nurse Laverne, Scrubs -- "My Long Goodbye"
Old 07-31-10, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sheldon, the tall skinny smart guy from The Big Bang Theory

Spoiler:
Old 07-31-10, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I agree with those mentioning the final episodes of "Six feet Under" as well as Dr. Green from "ER," but for me the most emotional deaths came from the final episodes of "Angel":

Spoiler:
When Cordelia died especially at the end of the best episode of the season it really affected me. I think I was maybe 15 or 16 when the episode aired and she had been my favorite character in the buffyverse since the third season of Buffy and her emotional side started to come out. I'll never forget throwing my TV remote so hard against a wall it shattered, haha.

Also when Fred was turned into Illyria, that song that played during Fred's final scene still brings me goosebumps.
When Cordie, says, "Your Welcome," it always gets to me.
Old 07-31-10, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
I still have a hard time watching that episode.

This.
Also agree with The Sheild family meeting and the Dad in the Wonder Years. The thing with the Wonder Years was I saw the episode when I was very young and thought the actor had died as I thought it was a voiceover from the TV station.
Then I saw him in something years later and was very confused.

Dr Green, handled so beautifully.

News Radio. I was a big fan of Phil's and was really shocked at his death. I loved you always saw a photo on a desk of him in the remaining episodes. Also the nod to him in the last every episode says so much of the love he had.
Old 07-31-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The White Shadow

Spoiler:
In a two-part episode, James Whitmore played Ken's father.At the end of part one, it was revealed that he was dying of cancer. In part 2, there was an extremely poignant farewell at the airport with each knowing they would never see the other again. My father passed earlier that year, and that scene brought up a load of pent-up emotions and finally helped me be at peace with my father's death. My brothers watched it and had the same reaction. I watched the rerun and cried all over again.
Old 07-31-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
This.

Sometimes, when I get home from work, I'll call out "Family Meeting" after walking through the door. The wife gets pissed off every time.
Al Bundy used to call for a "Family Meeting" on Married...With Children, so I don't have any negative inclanations associated with it.
Old 07-31-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Who here doesn't get upset when someone throws down a glass bowl and yells, "Damn! Damn! DAMN!"
I get goosebumps when I see poor Florida finally "crack." (no pun intended.)
Old 07-31-10, 10:12 AM

The Wire and Oz had a lot of deaths that really affected me. Both shows handled characters being killed brilliantly. You were shocked whenever someone got killed but you knew it could happen anytime because of the business they were in (The Wire) or the prison (Oz) they were in. Both shows had balls for killing off major characters (Stringer Bell (The Wire), Simon Adebisi (Oz)).

The episode where Dr. Greene dies had me crying for quite awhile. Henry Blake's death on M*A*S*H was a shocker. When Radar told everyone that he died and did not get home safely I was shocked.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.