Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 10 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/23-24/10)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which dancer will be going home this week?
Billy Bell (Contemporary)
0%
Alex Wong (Ballet)
0%
Kent Boyd (Contemporary)
0%
Jose Ruiz (Breakdance)
0%
Adéchiké Torbert (Contemporary)
20.00%
Robert Roldan (Contemporary)
0%
Lauren Froderman (Contemporary)
0%
Melinda Sullivan (Tap)
80.00%
Cristina Santana (Salsa)
0%
Ashley Galvan (Contemporary)
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-10, 09:41 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Episode Descriptions:

"The Top 10" - 6/23/10 - 2hrs - 8/7c
The Top 10 dancers take the stage to perform live for your votes! Find out which All-Stars the Top 10 get paired with, and which styles they'll tackle.

"Results Show" - 6/24/10 - 1hr - 9/8c
Then tune-in Thursday as one dancer will be sent home during the live one-hour show.
And with that... here are your Top 10 America!

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7 Top 11 finalist - top row L-R: Lauren Froderman, Jose Ruiz, Adechike Torbert, Melinda Sullivan, Alex Wong, Kent Boyd and Alexie Agdeppa. Bottom row L-R: Billy Bell, Cristina Santana, Robert Roldan and Ashley Galvan

The All-Stars (season/styles) are:
  1. Twitch (Season 4; Popping/Locking/Krump)
  2. Kathryn (Season 6; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  3. Pasha (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  4. Allison (Season 2; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  5. Ade (Season 5; Contemporary/Classical)
  6. Comfort (Season 4; Hip Hop/Krump)
  7. Lauren (Season 3; Hip Hop/Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway)
  8. Mark (Season 4; Jazz/Broadway/Cultural)
  9. Anya (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  10. Dominic (Season 3; Hip Hop/Breakdancing)
  11. Courtney (Season 4; Contemporary/Jazz)
  12. Neil (Season 3; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)

<fieldset style="width: 450px; margin: 10px auto;"><legend>SYTYCD Season 7 Threads</legend>
SYTYCD (Season 7) - 10 Dancers + 10 All-Stars (Begins 5/27/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "Vegas + Green Mile" & "Meet The Top 10" (6/9-10/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 11 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/16-17/10) - Eliminated: Alexie Agdeppa
</fieldset>

Last edited by Goldberg74; 06-23-10 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-23-10, 09:44 PM

Re: SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 10 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/23-24/10)

Sorry it's late. I forgot.
Old 06-23-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cristina - I was sort of bored by the lack of stacatto movements in her number. I don't get the love she got from the judges, except that they just wanted to keep the girls in, and kick out one of the guys this week.

Adechikie - Alison outdanced him in this number. He doesn't really bring much to the table, no personality or style.

Ashley - not jazz, but a good number, but not a great number. Mark and her look good together.

Alex - the judges are going to be really hard on him unless he just flat-out wows them. Good sync with Lauren.

Melinda - eh, it was good, but not mind-blowing, plus I get the idea she'd lumber on stuff like the jive because I know she can tap, but to actually move across the floor quickly with snap, not so sure she can do that well.

Billy - oy, that was a bad draw for Billy, it looked like he was running out of gas too.

Robert - he had a slight stumble, and danced a little too roboticly, but still a good effort considering Anya was out-dancing him throughout the number.

Jose - was he even in this number? I was focused totally on Kathryn, who brought a great sense of bounce and joy to this bollywood dance.

Lauren - totally committed to the emotional undercurrent of the piece, good performance.

Kent - Courtney ate him up on this number, which was fun to watch, but he still ain't a man on the dance floor yet.
Old 06-23-10, 09:49 PM

Here are the dancers, their partners, the style, the music, and the choreographer(s):

Spoiler:
Old 06-23-10, 10:32 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm very happy to see they tweaked the show slightly to give us a little more of the all-stars... maybe they read my post in last week's thread.

Cat's remark to Dom... wow, .
Old 06-23-10, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Dominick seemed more creepy then usual with Cat this week with the rubbing of the arm and her comment to him was...exciting...
Old 06-23-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed the last 30 minutes or so due to a storm. Does anyone know if this show is posted online?
Old 06-23-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I think last week had better dances.

But hey they let the all-stars stand with their partners before the judges. Only if they'd also have the choreographers stand before the judges, too!

I think Kent, Alex, Lauren, Billy, Ashley did good. Robert did ok. Cristina, Melinda, Jose, and Adehike still seem to be in trouble. Not sure which of those should go. Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up 6 guys, 3 girls next week.
Old 06-23-10, 11:46 PM

"Dominic? Do you want to go into a deeper place?" -- Cat Deely

+ =
Old 06-24-10, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know I have been against the new stage, almost to the point of not watching anymore. But last night's show almost had that "old feel" to it. Now that I think of it, part of the problem may be the way the director has been doing his/her job.

Since the new stage, it seems like the director has been doing lots of "Music Video" cuts - like 2 seconds per camera, then quick cut to another - never really giving us a chance to get into the dance. Last night was different, he/she actually stayed on one camera for more than 3 seconds at a time, and it was much better. I don't know if it was a different director or what, but I liked it.

Also, letting the All-Stars come over when the contestant was judged, was a welcomed improvement.
Old 06-24-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Enjoyed the dances much more this week, but I felt the judges were being disingenuous. Almost all the guys they gushed over last week they gave hard criticism to and they praised almost all the women, even when they didn't deserve it.

I think Nigel revealed a tell when he said he saw the numbers coming in for the guys, not the girls. And given this show's demographic and the fact that the men are VERY strong this year, I think they've been scared that all the women will get voted off first.

I think Adechike needs to be the next to go, but I don't see America voting him out over some of the women.

I'm especially disappointed that Lauren has had two horrible choreographed numbers in a row and we've barely been able to see what she can do--she had the best audition IMO. Lauren was certainly committed to the meaning of her piece, but it was an awful piece of choreography and the wrong music. I don't care what the judges say, that choreographer shouldn't be allowed back.

And what's with the girls all leaving their hair down? These fast numbers keep their hair in their face so much, you can't see them.

Still...I'm enjoying the show!

LOL and Kat...what's with the shocking remarks?!
Old 06-24-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I caught three of the dances this week:
Adechike, Alex, and Ashley.

I was really impressed by the there all-stars I saw, great performances. Out of the three constestants I saw, Alex and Ashley were both good. Adechike was good but had no personality.

Anyway, I hope to watch more of the show next week. The problem is that I don't have a DVR anymore.
Old 06-24-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Adechike and Jose still weren't in the bottom 3. But Robert's solo sucked. Melinda's solo was weak and Cristina's solo was good. Oh well. Melinda's probably gone next week, anyway. Six guys and two girls next week? I like what one poster said on another board - wouldn't it be great if the old stage was back and everything was back to normal?
Old 06-24-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I can't BELIEVE Robert hit the final 3. No way he should have been there vs Adechike or even Billy.

I was also surprised the judges kept Melinda over Cristina. Cristina is a far better dancer. Oh well, Melinda should be gone next week...

But then again I predict next week will be Melinda and 2 guys--and I don't think the judges will want 6 guys and 2 girls so they'll send a guy home. Which means Melinda will STILL be there even though she's WAY outperformed by the others.
Old 06-24-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think overall looks got Melinda through to next week, but Cristina isn't that good of a dancer either, so either or both her and Melinda could have been sent home and I wouldn't have mourned their departures.

Robert's solo was horrible, as was Melinda's solo, while Cristina's was average.

When will the judges have no say in the elminations this season?
Old 06-25-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

I was reading the Entertainment Weekly "talkbacks" and a lot of people are turned off by Robert's mugging (like his "sick" act this week when giving his numbers), so perhaps that's the problem.

The viewers will probably get control of the eliminations when its down to five...