Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost -- 2 1/2 Hour Series Finale -- "The End Part 1 & 2" -- 05/23/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What did you think of the Lost Series Finale?
Loved It! Fantastic Way to End the show!
34.92%
Thought it was Good
29.37%
Meh, Thought it was so-so
16.93%
Hated it. Disappointing way to end such a great show
12.70%
Screw Lost, I'm selling by DVD's/BR's and will never look back!
6.08%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Lost -- 2 1/2 Hour Series Finale -- "The End Part 1 & 2" -- 05/23/10

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts
Re: Lost -- 2 1/2 Hour Series Finale -- "The End Part 1 & 2" -- 05/23/10

I think I wrote about this upthread, but I rewatched the entire series last year* for the first time since it aired and I had a blast up until the final season. A lot of it after season 2 I had forgotten, so other than broad strokes, it felt new and fresh. As for losing out on the communal experience, that is definitely true, but it also allowed me to take the show on its own terms. Separated from all of the fan theories and the behind the scenes drama and the constant engagement with the producers, I think I enjoyed it more and wasn't dragged down by unrealistic and unfulfilled expectations.

*So I didn't actually rewatch the entire series. Season 6 was such a drag that I lost momentum and I never watched the final 2 episodes. I just read an article looking back at the finale and all of the backlash, but I still haven't read the piece that acknowledges that it was NOT the finale that was the problem with Lost's ending, it was the entire season leading up to it. What a long, meandering mess it was.
Old 05-24-20, 10:27 PM
Former Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I think I wrote about this upthread, but I rewatched the entire series last year* for the first time since it aired and I had a blast up until the final season. A lot of it after season 2 I had forgotten, so other than broad strokes, it felt new and fresh. As for losing out on the communal experience, that is definitely true, but it also allowed me to take the show on its own terms. Separated from all of the fan theories and the behind the scenes drama and the constant engagement with the producers, I think I enjoyed it more and wasn't dragged down by unrealistic and unfulfilled expectations.

*So I didn't actually rewatch the entire series. Season 6 was such a drag that I lost momentum and I never watched the final 2 episodes. I just read an article looking back at the finale and all of the backlash, but I still haven't read the piece that acknowledges that it was NOT the finale that was the problem with Lost's ending, it was the entire season leading up to it. What a long, meandering mess it was.
Can confirm. The finale was sublime and a perfect way to wrap things up IMO. The rest of season 6 was a mess with occassional moments of brilliance (Ab Aeterno, Happily Ever After).

If you made it that far into season 6, might as well watch the best episode of it at the end.
Old 05-28-20, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

This was the last show I watched as it aired. Meaning not dvr’d or binge watched. I dropped everything to watch this show. I really miss that time. Sure it made me upset often, but Lost really could have gone down as one of the greatest series of all time if they had just took their head out of their own asses.