Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fringe -- Season Finale -- "Over There Part 2" -- 05/20/10

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fringe -- Season Finale -- "Over There Part 2" -- 05/20/10

I believe they talked about returning by using a "door stop" that could keep the portal they arrived through open. So they didn't need Olivia to open up a new way home.
Old 07-11-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some casting news for season 3:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/...ad-andre-royo/
Old 07-11-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Bubbs...Awesome.
Old 07-11-10, 04:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Bubbs...Awesome.
I'm "much obliged" at this news
Old 07-11-10, 09:19 PM
ATX

charlie and this new guy has these certain maneurisms that i guess the producers like
Old 07-22-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Abrams expounds on Fringe:

Would you like to direct an episode of Fringe?

I would love to. That was before Undercovers popped up, but that doesn’t diminish my desire to do it. I never got a chance to work with Josh [Jackson], Anna [Torv] and John [Noble], and get in there, so I would still love to do that. It’s not something I’m ruling out at all.

Do you have a sense of where you want to take the show?

Oh, yeah. We had some really good sessions, early on, about where this thing could go, but no matter how much you talk about it, when you’re in episode 40-something of a series, it’s telling you what it is too. It’s evolved a lot, but any series does.

What has happened this season that you didn’t expect?

There were certain stories, especially the Walter and Peter story, and things with Olivia, that were actually going to play out longer, but that we jumped to and did sooner. And, there are other things that we’ve talked about, like her stepfather, that we’re putting off. There’s a lot of opportunity for where we’re going beyond this season, and I’m going to be optimistic about that. I feel like we have a long way to go still, but the evolution was key. The show has found a rhythm that is nice to see, and I’m really proud of everyone doing it.

Were you aware that people were having trouble warming up to the character of Olivia?

Yeah. That was always a part of it. Her character is naturally someone who is in this weird world with these characters and situations, and it’s a little bit hard for her to be warm and cuddly in that role. So it was about giving her some vulnerability and uncertainty in her own life, and where she’s from and where she’s going. That was one way in.
Full interview here:

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/interview-jj-abrams/
Old 07-25-10, 08:27 PM

Received 812 Likes on 528 Posts

Old 09-19-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts

Just crammed season two into four nights of viewing to get caught up. Anxious to start enjoying the show as they air.
This episode seemed like a series finale. All the questions were answered and now everybody, characters and viewers, know the who,what, when, why, when of the mythology. Had the Olivia switch not taken place the storylines would have been resolved. Could there have been a quick rewrite of last five minutes when show was renewed? Unless the "big event" the observers are waiting for was not the destruction of the universes by the device powered by Peter. Since Walter and Peter's observer interfered and changed the time line to help get Peter back the "big event" may have been prevented.
Mythology wise, the rest of the series looks like it will resemble Stargate SG-1, conflict between the two universes without the deep mysteries. The only thing going on is the Olivia switch, but there's nothing to be revealed because we witnessed the whole thing.
I was thinking about a switch before it was confirmed, but didn't know. It would have been more fun to just hint at a switch to keep us guessing then there would be something we didn't know.

Last edited by rw2516; 09-19-10 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-19-10, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts

Got to wondering how the alt Olivia knew about the typewriter shop and code phrase. She had just been informed about the existence of the alt universe that day. So I rewatched certain parts I picked up a couple things I missed the first time.
When alt Olivia first meets Peter in Walternate's office, Walternate shows obvious suprise that Peter is acquainted with Olivia in our universe. He did not know this and I think starts thinking of an infiltration plot right then and there.
The Fringe team is not trying to stop the good guys from transporting back. That is just a smokescreen to get alt Olivia in place to transport back with them.
So there is stuff we don't know.
What is Walternate up to? Why is it more important to him to get alt Olivia over there than keep Peter over here?
What is alt Olivia's mission? We don't see the response she gets when using the typewriter.
What is wrong with alt Charlie that he keeps taking injections?