Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
7.50%
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
42.50%
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
7.50%
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
7.50%
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
35.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-10, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

Originally Posted by NORML54601
His breakdown of Sandra's game was spot on, but yeah, he could show a bit more tact. Then again, I can understand how pissed he is after losing 2 seasons in a row that he arguably should have won.
We'll just have to agree to disagree about that. People who think Sandra has no game don't understand the game in my opinion.

I love that Russell is older than Rob but has the maturity and insight of Rob when he filmed Marquesas.
Old 05-16-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

Originally Posted by Patman
I voted for Colby only because I want to believe he's been bagging all this time, and decided to look so pathetic that he could finagle his way into the final 3. Then again, he's probably lost his edge, and just got lucky to get this far. Sandra might be in the best position to win if she can get to the final 3.

Awesome! If Colby couldn't have won, then this is the best of all possible outcomes from my POV, as the social aspect of Survivor is always the one that keeps on tripping up the most prideful of contestants. Muhahahahaha!
Old 05-16-10, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to see Amber(with baby) there
Old 05-16-10, 09:46 PM

I always liked Ambah. Rob's a lucky man.
Old 05-16-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

I love Amanda, and her little non killer instinct speech just cemented that.
Old 05-16-10, 09:47 PM

Now that the season is over what was up with the spoilers? I avoided it like the plague but did they figure out who leaked them and were they accurate besides somebody saying one eviction was not correct?
Old 05-16-10, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Ok chief.
It's true. From what I understand, Russell was not a huge Survivor fan before going on the show. He looks at it from the perspective of someone who doesn't know a lot about the history of the show. I'm glad Jeff put him in his place not once, but twice.

This is the game Russell. No one is going to change it because you are are a delusional hypocrite who claims to not care about the social aspect of the game but then whines about not winning.
Old 05-16-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I always enjoy the reunion, there are always good laughs from the Q&A of the contestants.
Old 05-16-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TwineTime
but then whines about not winning.
Who whines more? Russell about losing or you about Russell?
Old 05-16-10, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's true. From what I understand, Russell was not a huge Survivor fan before going on the show. He looks at it from the perspective of someone who doesn't know a lot about the history of the show. I'm glad Jeff put him in his place not once, but twice.

This is the game Russell. No one is going to change it because you are are a delusional hypocrite who claims to not care about the social aspect of the game but then whines about not winning.
OK, I thought you were calling people in this thread out for complaining if they didn't remember past seasons.

I wish they would get rid of the HII's, and do something to change the tribes, like having them live together the entire time or something...also I wish it was more brutal physically - don't give them so much food and whatnot.
Old 05-16-10, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Who whines more? Russell about losing or you about Russell?
Yeah little does he realize, he's sort of the Russell of Survivor threads.
Old 05-16-10, 10:02 PM

Holy Christ Parvati is hot when done up. Not that she wasn't before, but damn!
Decent looking with Gumby's body.
If by that you mean she makes me want to bend her into all kinds of positions, then I agree.
Old 05-16-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sandra, Parvati, Russell...three of the best ever now for sure. Congrats to Sandra. Not my pick but she got it done. Great season.
Old 05-16-10, 10:14 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Russell should have been gone long ago if Tyson had any brain or math skills in the episode he was voted off. Force the tie and vote off whoever played the idol. Rob was ROBBED.
This. Though he would never admit it, Russel was incredibly lucky with that turn or events.

Glad Sandra won, but I would have been okay with any of the final five, save russel, winning. Hopefully his display at the tribal council and on the reunion show put to rest any sill talk of how great of a player he is.

I am convinced that if the others has seen all of his season, a luxury he had, that he would have been one of the first voted out. Or put another way, if there were another all-star seaon, both Parvati and Sandra would have a chance. Russel, not so much.
Old 05-16-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xx2000xx
Now that the season is over what was up with the spoilers? I avoided it like the plague but did they figure out who leaked them and were they accurate besides somebody saying one eviction was not correct?
I never actually went to a spoiler site but unfortunately had the result spoiled for me in a general thread on another board a month or so ago. Apparently Sandra or her family can't keep from letting the cat out of the bag. The first time she won there were reports that betting sites were refusing to take bets because they were getting heavy bets for her to win.

As Aktick said, I wish they would make it more challenging next season especially when it comes to food. Until these last two seasons I had not watched the previous seven or so. It seemed like the ones who made it to the end in the old days were really emaciated looking. Now it seems like they only lose a few pounds because they get so much food in reward challenges.

Last edited by Dubya; 05-16-10 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-16-10, 10:24 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Russell was robbed again. Glad he won player of the game.
Old 05-16-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
I never actually went to a spoiler site but unfortunately had the result spoiled for me in a general thread on another board a month or so ago. Apparently Sandra or her family can't keep from letting the cat out of the bag. The first time she won there were reports that betting sites were refusing to take bets because they were getting heavy bets for her to win.
How could the winner be known when its announced live?
Old 05-16-10, 10:27 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by astrochimp
He's not wrong. The exact boot list (including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) have been online for a long time. I'm assuming the jury talked to each other and the final 3 about their votes and someone leaked it based on that.
Old 05-16-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Candice's speech when announcing her vote proved why she shouldn't have even been on this season.

This jury was even worse than the jury from last season.

I think I'm done with this show after being with it loyally since episode four of Season 1.
Old 05-16-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Apparently the jury members spill who they voted for or the show staff does. Like I said, this is twice now that Sandra has won and the results were spoiled before the first episode of the season even aired.
Old 05-16-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Steam
Candice's speech when announcing her vote proved why she shouldn't have even been on this season.

This jury was even worse than the jury from last season.

I think I'm done with this show after being with it loyally since episode four of Season 1.
Two things I always despise about the finale, the "tribute to fallen survivors" and the jury grandstanding at the final tribal council.

Sandra had nothing to do with spoiling this season. The same person who spoiled Samoa also spoiled Heroes vs. Villains. How would Sandra have known how everything went down in Samoa?

dino, I'd say Russell probably whines more. I just post about him several times a week in response to people calling him "robbed" or "the greatest."

I guarantee you he complains to everyone he meets, judging by his reaction to Jerri not taking him on reward in Thursday's episode.

And lol, aktick. I mentioned that in an earlier thread. It's actually been intentional to help prove my point.
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mok
Russell was robbed again. Glad he won player of the game.
It will be very rare that Russell's "bull in china shop" tactics will ever result in winning the game of Survivor. It's always been the ultimate social game of currying votes of people you had a hand in sending to the jury. Russell never displayed the "soft" skills you need to win. Parvati was fortunate she won in Fan vs. Favorites because she had a sympathetic girl-power jury in her back pocket, but she played her social game to the hilt in that season.
Old 05-16-10, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sandra had nothing to do with spoiling this season. The same person who spoiled Samoa also spoiled Heroes vs. Villains. How would Sandra have known how everything went down in Samoa?
Are you related to Sandra? After all her last name is Twine.
Old 05-16-10, 10:40 PM

The rumor going around is that Russell spoiled both seasons, which wouldn't be surprising given how bitter he is.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.