DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010** (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/573801-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-%2A%2Aseason-finale-reunion-sunday-may-16th-2010%2A%2A.html)

auto 05-14-10 09:42 PM

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/G...-villains1.jpg

HEROES:
Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)

VILLAINS:
Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
Russell Hantz (Samoa)
Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
Episode Synopsis: In the season finale, the five remaining castaways attempt to make it to the final tribal council, where the jury questions them before voting for the $1 million winner.

REMINDER: Please do not vote in the weekly poll if you know the outcome due to spoiler sites or comments you've read elsewhere.

Setzer 05-14-10 11:19 PM

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

This season went by way too fast. Gonna miss it. :(

Cardsfan111 05-15-10 01:43 AM

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, May 16th, 2010**

I've been watching each episode online hours after it's broadcast. I may have to catch this one live...commercials and all. :)

If you haven't been watching this season, there's no real shock in seeing the names of the remaining players. However, if you've kept up with things, it's really something that Colby is still around. You could probably make a case that his poor showing at most challenges has actually kept him around.

OscarBluth 05-15-10 03:17 AM

Can't wait!

astrochimp 05-15-10 07:57 AM

This was the first Survivor i'd watched since the 1st all-stars.Really enjoyed it :up:

funstan 05-16-10 10:13 AM

Voted for Jerri, really liked her this season. When we last saw her in 2004 when she was booed off the stage and left crying thought she would never be on a reality show again. She won some challenges, helped her team, and toned down some of the confrontation that she was known for. Would not mind seeing Colby (still liked him even though he has been a challenge disappointment) and Sandra (really, really close between her and Jerri on who I am rooting for) take home the title of Sole Survivor. Sandra would also take the 200Gs if Russell offers it to her if she wins and say something great like, I will take your money all day long you moron. Russell has taken a lot of bullets and plays great strategically, but he is just to mean and to arrogant to root for. Parvati is even worse by letting Russell do all of the dirty work (which he enjoys) and then swooping in like a vulture for her share of the kill. She has the smile and the body to innocently say, "Who little ole me?"

david12 05-16-10 11:12 AM

Rooting for Russell. He should have won last season, and after controlling all these all stars...he should win again.

tommyp007 05-16-10 11:41 AM

I hope it's Russell, but I just can't see the jury giving him votes. Therefore I predict Parv wins again.

Wolf359 05-16-10 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by david12 (Post 10160928)
Rooting for Russell. He should have won last season, and after controlling all these all stars...he should win again.

He SHOULD have won last year, but this time no way in hell. He has played a pretty bad game and burned every bridge to a potential vote. I don't like Poverty so I'm hoping Sandra gets it.

Setzer 05-16-10 02:06 PM

Yeah there's no way in hell Russell is winning this season.....even though he probably deserves it. If Colby wins I'm gonna laugh but hey, he should have won it in Australia so good for him if he can pull it out.

How can you say he's played a bad game when he's still in it? The guy just doesn't think that making friends is part of the game. Strategically he's played a solid game. Sure, he played better in the first season but I'll cut him some slack considering he's been in the game for 4 months straight.

Patman 05-16-10 02:11 PM

I voted for Colby only because I want to believe he's been bagging all this time, and decided to look so pathetic that he could finagle his way into the final 3. Then again, he's probably lost his edge, and just got lucky to get this far. Sandra might be in the best position to win if she can get to the final 3.

Jeremy517 05-16-10 02:11 PM

Russell has no chance. Jerri and Colby only have a chance if the jury decides that they don't want to make someone a two-time winner, or if they're up against each other + Russell. I think it is a coinflip between Sandra and Parvati, but I voted Parvati.

dsa_shea 05-16-10 02:24 PM

I hope Colby wins as the rest are pretty much scumbags.

LiquidSky 05-16-10 02:40 PM

I hope Sandra or Parv wins.

dsa_shea 05-16-10 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 10161158)
I hope Sandra or Parv wins.

Mouthy or Perv?

david12 05-16-10 03:08 PM

I agree, chances of Russell winning are slim...but if he plays smart, gets the final three to be him, Jerri, and Colby...then I think he has a shot. Sandra's going to win if it's her, Parv, and Russ. Parv will win with any combination that doesn't have Sandra in it.

But part of me wants to beleive, as I did last year, that no matter how rude or ruthless he was, being outplayed in every way by Russell will gain the respect of the All-Stars. I mean, the unknown dude came in, was totally underestimated and whooped everyone's ass. I'd want to vote for someone who out-everythinged me and beat me fair and square...not just because they are the final person who survived the Heroes tribe.

So, GO RUSSELL.

the big train 05-16-10 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer (Post 10161127)
How can you say he's played a bad game when he's still in it?

Because still being in it is meaningless if he has no chance to win. He's become nothing more than a point of strategy, like when the Heroes kept James around even though he was completely worthless beyond being a vote. The only way Russell matters now is as a way to suck up to jurors (by getting rid of him) or as a goat to take to the end.

david2708 05-16-10 04:29 PM

When it comes to voting for a winner, spite will win out every time. Therefore, no win for Russell in the finale. He just don't get it!

NORML54601 05-16-10 05:07 PM

Voted for Jerri, rooting for Russell

Maxflier 05-16-10 06:13 PM

I think Parv will win it and cement herself as the greatest Survivor player of all time.

david2708 05-16-10 06:23 PM

I think luck and circumstance plays a big part in these things. If they played the game all over again with no knowledge of how this one went, there's no guarrantee the same three would make the final. Likely 3 totally different people.

auto 05-16-10 07:22 PM

Colby Donaldson (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
arminius, bluesix, Patman

Sandra Diaz (Pearl Islands)
AJW, Bluelitespecial, chino77, dino88, dolphinboy, glasschicken, hobiewan1976, jreedbritt, JuryDuty, Lael, LiquidSky, misterchimpy, Tarnower, the big train, Wolf359

Russell Hantz (Samoa)
hdtv00, Silly Burrito, _tony_

Jerri Manthey (Australian Outback)
funstan, Howie2000, NORML54601

Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs. Favorites)
aktick, astrochimp, auto, cardsfan111, Cellar Door, GMan2819, Graftenberg, Jeremy517, Maxflier, Mok, Nabalab, OldDude, tommyp007, Zwerchfell

Setzer 05-16-10 07:25 PM

I guess if Sandra wins she will be the greatest Survivor ever. Two seasons, two wins.

Cardsfan111 05-16-10 07:31 PM

I wish Colby's speech had been something along the lines of "I've been horrible this whole season, why would anyone on the jury vote for me?"

NORML54601 05-16-10 07:32 PM

:lol: I love how everyone on the jury looks cleaned up except Rupert.