Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"V" renewed for 2nd season

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-10, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "V" renewed for 2nd season

Nothing more fun than invading Aliens. I really want to love it but so far the show is just not that great. I hope it gets better in the 2nd season
Old 05-25-10, 12:56 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Zwerchfell
Nothing more fun than invading Aliens. I really want to love it but so far the show is just not that great. I hope it gets better in the 2nd season
That's the problem - these aliens are just sitting around plotting. No actual invading. Mar Singer would be bored and pissed. He'd have killed a bunch of them by this time.

Last edited by E Unit; 05-25-10 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-25-10, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Here's a way to get rid of the whiney teen and actually build a strong leader in Erica.

-Anna already thinks Erica is her Ace in the hole against 5th column. We also know the Vs are talking to Hobbes. Anna could secretly order the slaughter of a bunch of live aboard people, Tyler included, and have Hobbes be set up as the fall guy. Anna thinks this will expedite Erica's search to weed out the 5th Column, and possibly make her devoid of a lot of human emotions, thus making her more like Anna in mindset. However, it can turn out that Hobbes is with Erica when they stage the slaughter, so Erica knows Anna had to be the actual brains behind it. Erica and Anna meet where Anna expresses regret over the loss of Tyler. It is here that Erica says something along the lines of :"You should know, I killed your babies as well." Shoots Anna, then escapes. Anna is brought back to life the same way they did that guy in the last ep., and she now knows Erica is the one she has been searching for all along, and has now created the cold-hearted bitch she wanted, but one that will work against her. From this point on, Erica is less like the somewhat emotional woman we know and more along the lines of a female Jack Bauer.

I would love that, so it won't happen.
Old 05-26-10, 06:32 AM

Not a bad plan there DVD, not bad at all! I'd go along with it. I'd love to see Tyler off the show for sure. Erica needs to be a stronger leader and Lisa needs to be the main contact within the ship. We also need to see the Vs eating mice and see some of that skin.
Old 05-26-10, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Thankfully they have already dropped Tyler's fat friend (where did he go?) and whathisfaces wife is dead.
Old 05-26-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
That's the problem - these aliens are just sitting around plotting. No actual invading. Mar Singer would be bored and pissed. He'd have killed a bunch of them by this time.
The arrival of the fleet, and whatever they did to the sky MAY suggest the Vs are about to open a giant can of whoopass. I think the days of "at peace, always" are about over. (or, if there aren't, my watching may be over soon)
Old 05-26-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Thankfully they have already dropped Tyler's fat friend (where did he go?) and whathisfaces wife is dead.
I'd forgotten he had a fat friend. I'm so glad they didn't try to make him the token overweight guy around for comic relief.

My problem with this show is that whenever it finally gets interesting to me, it either goes on long hiatus or tries for the kind of melodrama you find on CW shows. I just hope next season they don't continue the trend of thinking teen love melodrama and bad acting is the way to get new viewers.
Old 05-26-10, 02:00 PM

Tyler's friend definitely disappeared quickly, for which I am glad. I agree with Mr DVD's sentiments though, whenever I'm getting drawn in again, the show disappears.
Old 05-26-10, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, although this show has recently piqued my interest, I have yet to view it. Reading through the synopsis on Wikipedia, the premise seems nearly identical to Roddenberry's Earth: Final Conflict. Nevertheless, I will likely be tuning into the second season if I am able to view the first until then.
Old 05-26-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They both have a general "To Serve Man" type premise, but I'm not sure how similar they are beyond that.
Old 07-25-10, 02:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

the bolded part at the bottom is a bit spoilery, and totally awesome!

'V' season two: More details on the visitors, and we'll meet Anna's mom!
by Lynette Rice

Producers promised to uncover a lot more mysteries about ABC’s V – like what the visitors really look like, how long they’ve been here, and what the heck they want from us – in the new season of the drama that’ll return in November. During today’s panel at Comic Con, executive producer Scott Rosenbaum acknowledged that “not as many cards were turned over” last season, so he hopes to share a lot more about the visitors under Anna’s leadership, including how their extended stay has changed world events and why they’re planning to stick around.

“It will be chock full of great reveals,” Rosenbaum promises.

He also teased that Lisa (Laura Vandervoort) will look for the nurturing she’s not receiving from mother Anna (Morena Baccarin) by developing a closer relationship with Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell), while Tyler (Logan Huffman) will return the favor by saddling up with Anna. Most importantly, fans will finally get to meet Anna’s mom, Diana, in the first episode; through her, viewers will see where the visitors came from, Rosenbaum says. Word is the producers are talking to Jane Badler, the original alien baddie in the 1983 version of V, but Rosenbaum would not confirm on stage at Comic Con.
Old 07-25-10, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

^^ That would be freaking awesome if Rosenbaum can pull that off.
Old 07-25-10, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

It would. Then maybe some of the Fans of the Original V can finally STFU and enjoy this new series.

You know, throw them a bone?
Old 07-25-10, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
It would. Then maybe some of the Fans of the Original V can finally STFU and enjoy this new series.

You know, throw them a bone?
Might I point out the fucking huge, gaping plot hole that would leave? In a universe where V1 existed, V2 would get a much different reception. Even if all governments hid the reality of the first visitors from the public, the government would have remembered. There would be a radar early warning system, and at least we and the Soviets would have thrown 90% of available nukes at the Visitors, leaving a mere 10% for our own human wars.

There would have been a huge redirection of our military spending towards fighting war in space. When humans feel a threat that focuses their efforts, they can make awesome weapon improvements in 20+ years. We have slacked off since the fall of the USSR, but fucking aliens that want to EAT us (not in a good way), that would have foused our efforts.

Who's to say we'd have the right weapons, but it would be all out war with no questions asked. The first round of Visitors would have made hyper-xenophobes of us
Old 07-25-10, 08:22 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldDude
Might I point out the fucking huge, gaping plot hole that would leave? In a universe where V1 existed, V2 would get a much different reception. Even if all governments hid the reality of the first visitors from the public, the government would have remembered. There would be a radar early warning system, and at least we and the Soviets would have thrown 90% of available nukes at the Visitors, leaving a mere 10% for our own human wars.

There would have been a huge redirection of our military spending towards fighting war in space. When humans feel a threat that focuses their efforts, they can make awesome weapon improvements in 20+ years. We have slacked off since the fall of the USSR, but fucking aliens that want to EAT us (not in a good way), that would have foused our efforts.

Who's to say we'd have the right weapons, but it would be all out war with no questions asked. The first round of Visitors would have made hyper-xenophobes of us
IMO, I'm pretty sure the new V is meant to be a redux, and not a direct sequel to the miniseries w/Marc Singer. getting a new "Diana" would be more of an easter egg to the fans, then trying to establish some continuity with the previous incarnation of the show.
Old 07-25-10, 09:28 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Haven't tried the new show, but loved the orginal and will get these DVDs someday when they're cheap.
Old 07-25-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Haven't tried the new show, but loved the orginal and will get these DVDs someday when they're cheap.
Since the DVD's aren't out yet and probably won't be $5.99 anytime soon, I guess I won't expect to see you in the "V" season 2 threads.
Old 07-25-10, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDude

Dude, it's just a fun little thing. I don't really think Chuck's Dad from "Chuck" is the actual guy from "Quantum Leap".
Old 07-25-10, 01:24 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Since the DVD's aren't out yet and probably won't be $5.99 anytime soon, I guess I won't expect to see you in the "V" season 2 threads.
I'm not quite that cheap. But these seems like a set that will be $10 on a Black Friday someday...

I rarely watch any shows "live" nowadays, Psych and the NBC comedies are about it. Everything else can wait for $20 or less DVD season sets. Still anxious to watch my I Love Lucy set. It will all be new to me!
Old 07-25-10, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

Most importantly, fans will finally get to meet Anna’s mom, Diana, in the first episode; through her, viewers will see where the visitors came from, Rosenbaum says. Word is the producers are talking to Jane Badler, the original alien baddie in the 1983 version of V, but Rosenbaum would not confirm on stage at Comic Con.

Please, do whatever it takes to land her! I wonder if this might bring up some alternate reality stuff, at least to tie in with the original? It's sci-fi, anything's possible.
Old 07-26-10, 05:35 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Please, do whatever it takes to land her! I wonder if this might bring up some alternate reality stuff, at least to tie in with the original? It's sci-fi, anything's possible.
ok I'll see what I can do!
Old 07-26-10, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Dude, it's just a fun little thing. I don't really think Chuck's Dad from "Chuck" is the actual guy from "Quantum Leap".
Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw Al in an episode.
Old 07-26-10, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooter
Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw Al in an episode.
Al was leaping into bodies, but that was a different show.

Great news about Diana.

And for those wondering:

Last edited by stingermck; 07-26-10 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-26-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting news about the Diana casting.

But if you're a reptilian invader building a human skin for yourself, why the hell would you decide to look like an old lady? I thought that was the reason given why all the Vs were young and attractive.
Old 07-26-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Flave
Interesting news about the Diana casting.

But if you're a reptilian invader building a human skin for yourself, why the hell would you decide to look like an old lady? I thought that was the reason given why all the Vs were young and attractive.

I could easily see Anna making a comment to her mother about such and she would just respond with "Seemed like the right fit."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.