Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Old 03-15-10, 04:51 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

"I Look Like Frankenstein"
Spoiler:
Carol Tobin vanishes, and Patty and Ellen have to track her down; Arthur Frobisher returns to launch his new Foundation.
Old 03-16-10, 12:16 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

That look Patty gave Ellen when Ellen spilled the beans about her grandchild was so cold it dropped the temperature in my room.

Looks like things started coming together. So Tom is going to blackmail Winstone and/or the Tobins about Carol killing Danielle to get the money back his family lost to them.

I'm sure Tom and Ellen starting their own firm went over well with Patty.

I'm not quite sure why they are bringing Frobisher back.
Old 03-16-10, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else think it was hilarious that the last 5 minutes were 3 flashbacks/forwards from three different times?

"3 Weeks Earlier"... cut to..."Thanksgiving Night"... cut to..."3 Months Later"

That was pretty ridiculous.

This season has been decent so far, but I'm finding it hard to pay attention sometimes.
Old 03-16-10, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Did anyone else think it was hilarious that the last 5 minutes were 3 flashbacks/forwards from three different times?

This season has been decent so far, but I'm finding it hard to pay attention sometimes.

I was just thinking 'I don't remember that' then I forgot I went to sleep about 7 minutes before the show ended. I need to go back and finish it. I don't understand why Frobisher is there either. Initially I was happy to see Ted back, but it got old quick.

You are right Mr. X. That was one of few times where Patty couldn't hide her shock no matter how hard she tried.
Old 03-17-10, 11:32 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I liked the blackmail reveal...makes sense as things continue to unfold.

Thos.
Old 03-17-10, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mraw
I was just thinking 'I don't remember that' then I forgot I went to sleep about 7 minutes before the show ended. I need to go back and finish it. I don't understand why Frobisher is there either. Initially I was happy to see Ted back, but it got old quick.

You are right Mr. X. That was one of few times where Patty couldn't hide her shock no matter how hard she tried.
With the ratings the way they are I think we'll be lucky to get a next season, but if we do I expect Ted to play a major role. Either Patty will be going after him again, or defending him this time.
Old 03-17-10, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by John Slider
With the ratings the way they are I think we'll be lucky to get a next season, but if we do I expect Ted to play a major role. Either Patty will be going after him again, or defending him this time.
I don't keep up with ratings, so I have to ask are the ratings below average for a cable network show, or are they disappointing because of the talent involved (Close, Danson, etc.)? I hope that there is a season 4, but at this point I think I'd be satisifed with the series ending with the death of Tom.

Last edited by mraw; 03-17-10 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Frobisher's scenes - WTF? I just can't see this one converging with the main Tobin/Who killed Tom storylines.

And any deal made with Arthur Frobisher ain't finalized until he has sex and snorts coke with a hooker in the back of his van!

Originally Posted by Aegean2007

My complaint -- I don't see the constant need for the title cards on the "# Month Later" scenes...isn't that already distinguished by the alternate color palette of those scenes (this season being blue)??

Originally Posted by John Slider
I'm surprised they didn't manage to integrate another Cadillac commercial into the main storyline (like last season's with Clarke Peters). I doubt we'll see another season, but this year's outing has been TERRIFIC - as solid as Season 1 in my book.
Old 03-21-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skatefan20
Frobisher's scenes - WTF? I just can't see this one converging with the main Tobin/Who killed Tom storylines.
Any road that connects these two storylines is sure to be long and windy.