Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Old 03-15-10, 05:51 PM
  #1  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,790
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

"I Look Like Frankenstein"
Spoiler:
Carol Tobin vanishes, and Patty and Ellen have to track her down; Arthur Frobisher returns to launch his new Foundation.
Old 03-16-10, 01:16 AM
  #2  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,790
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

That look Patty gave Ellen when Ellen spilled the beans about her grandchild was so cold it dropped the temperature in my room.

Looks like things started coming together. So Tom is going to blackmail Winstone and/or the Tobins about Carol killing Danielle to get the money back his family lost to them.

I'm sure Tom and Ellen starting their own firm went over well with Patty.

I'm not quite sure why they are bringing Frobisher back.
Old 03-16-10, 03:49 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 486
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Did anyone else think it was hilarious that the last 5 minutes were 3 flashbacks/forwards from three different times?

"3 Weeks Earlier"... cut to..."Thanksgiving Night"... cut to..."3 Months Later"

That was pretty ridiculous.

This season has been decent so far, but I'm finding it hard to pay attention sometimes.
Old 03-16-10, 10:33 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Originally Posted by Aegean2007 View Post
Did anyone else think it was hilarious that the last 5 minutes were 3 flashbacks/forwards from three different times?

"3 Weeks Earlier"... cut to..."Thanksgiving Night"... cut to..."3 Months Later"

That was pretty ridiculous.

This season has been decent so far, but I'm finding it hard to pay attention sometimes.

I was just thinking 'I don't remember that' then I forgot I went to sleep about 7 minutes before the show ended. I need to go back and finish it. I don't understand why Frobisher is there either. Initially I was happy to see Ted back, but it got old quick.

You are right Mr. X. That was one of few times where Patty couldn't hide her shock no matter how hard she tried.
Old 03-17-10, 12:32 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Rock&Roll Land, Taxachusetts
Posts: 404
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

I liked the blackmail reveal...makes sense as things continue to unfold.

Thos.
Old 03-17-10, 01:01 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
JohnSlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan PSN: JohnSlider
Posts: 3,507
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Originally Posted by mraw View Post
I was just thinking 'I don't remember that' then I forgot I went to sleep about 7 minutes before the show ended. I need to go back and finish it. I don't understand why Frobisher is there either. Initially I was happy to see Ted back, but it got old quick.

You are right Mr. X. That was one of few times where Patty couldn't hide her shock no matter how hard she tried.
With the ratings the way they are I think we'll be lucky to get a next season, but if we do I expect Ted to play a major role. Either Patty will be going after him again, or defending him this time.
Old 03-17-10, 02:01 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Originally Posted by John Slider View Post
With the ratings the way they are I think we'll be lucky to get a next season, but if we do I expect Ted to play a major role. Either Patty will be going after him again, or defending him this time.
I don't keep up with ratings, so I have to ask are the ratings below average for a cable network show, or are they disappointing because of the talent involved (Close, Danson, etc.)? I hope that there is a season 4, but at this point I think I'd be satisifed with the series ending with the death of Tom.

Last edited by mraw; 03-17-10 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-21-10, 01:18 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Frobisher's scenes - WTF? I just can't see this one converging with the main Tobin/Who killed Tom storylines.

And any deal made with Arthur Frobisher ain't finalized until he has sex and snorts coke with a hooker in the back of his van!

Originally Posted by Aegean2007 View Post
"3 Weeks Earlier"... cut to..."Thanksgiving Night"... cut to..."3 Months Later"

That was pretty ridiculous.
My complaint -- I don't see the constant need for the title cards on the "# Month Later" scenes...isn't that already distinguished by the alternate color palette of those scenes (this season being blue)??

Originally Posted by John Slider View Post
With the ratings the way they are I think we'll be lucky to get a next season, but if we do I expect Ted to play a major role. Either Patty will be going after him again, or defending him this time.
I'm surprised they didn't manage to integrate another Cadillac commercial into the main storyline (like last season's with Clarke Peters). I doubt we'll see another season, but this year's outing has been TERRIFIC - as solid as Season 1 in my book.
Old 03-21-10, 04:48 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chrisih8u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: A few miles north of the Cape
Posts: 18,335
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Damages - "I Look Like Frankenstein" - 3/15/10

Originally Posted by skatefan20 View Post
Frobisher's scenes - WTF? I just can't see this one converging with the main Tobin/Who killed Tom storylines.
Any road that connects these two storylines is sure to be long and windy.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.