Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FOX decideds NOT to renew '24'

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-10, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FOX decideds NOT to renew '24'

I think the movie franchise could end up being really successful. Obviously you'll have the fanbase come out for the first one and a good amount returning for any of the subsequent ones, but like Gordon mentioned, I think being out of the 24-hour format will bring in a much bigger audience who didn't want to commit to a full season of the show. Everyone can tell that the series has struggled recently with trying to fill all that time, and breaking free of that and just being able to advance time is going to help.

They already have a great character to build off of, and I would just like to see them reduce the scope of whatever Jack has to deal with; i.e. something that falls a little shy of "the world is about to end!".
Old 03-27-10, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Interesting that Gordon even mentions how poor Season 6 was, or at least how poorly it was received. Hopefully knowing the show is ending gives the writers something to rev this show up and right this sinking ship.
The writers and producers have always openly admitted that season 6 was a huge bomb.
Old 03-27-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Sad to see it go, but I'll take a movie trilogy now.

Damn, Nip/Tuck, Lost, and 24 ending. DVR will be taking a break next season.
Add Scrubs, Better off Ted and Heroes to that list. DVR taking a break indeed.
Old 03-27-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Sad to hear the news about the end of 24. I usually watch each season on DVD and had made my mind up to avoid this current season based upon what I was hearing. Now with the possibility of a series finale coming up, I'll probably reconsider checking it out down the road.
Old 03-27-10, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got addicted through 24 through Netflix. I discovered the show through that and probably about season 4 - 8. I have tried watching in live broadcast but I usually waited for the DVD/Blu-Ray. I admit this season hasn't been as edge to your seat like the other seasons. I was hoping that they at least tie up some loose ends like will we see Tony again. I would love to see a final resolve to his character. I wish they had better planning. If they knew this was the last season they could of taken the time to prepare the storylines better and maybe resolve or have one final appearances by other cast members who left the show a while back
Old 03-27-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fox could/should do a 2 hour Finale/Prequel to the movie like 24:Redemption for the fans.
Old 03-27-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still say they dropped the ball last season by not having Jack hallucinate some of his old [dead] friends and colleagues as a result of the nerve gas.