Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Brave New World" -- Season 4 Finale (Maybe Series?) -- 02/08/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Heroes -- "Brave New World" -- Season 4 Finale (Maybe Series?) -- 02/08/10

I really liked how they wrapped up the Charlie subplot. The actress they got to play her was very good casting.
Old 02-08-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I really liked how they wrapped up the Charlie subplot. The actress they got to play her was very good casting.
You mean that wasn't really Charlie in old age make-up?

I really hope that was the end, I can't be sucked in for a 5th season, can I?
Old 02-08-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts

Yeah but it proves the Hollywood rule that the Asian guy NEVER gets the girl. I mean shit, he had the power to make it so and they(writers) still fucked him. But then again, I'm only 45min in...

EDIT: Nope, I was right.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-09-10 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-09-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

If this becomes a show about "Heroes" living out in the open the what happens when they come out "True Blood Style"....That would kick ass.
Old 02-09-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah but it proves the Hollywood rule that the Asian guy NEVER gets the girl. I mean shit, he had the power to make it so and they(writers) still fucked him. But then again, I'm only 45min in...

EDIT: Nope, I was right.
Since she went back to 1944 I wonder if she started to hate the Japanese?
Old 02-09-10, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I continue to enjoy Heroes regardless of any errors it has. I wonder if they will settle on the character of Sylar. The Charlie story I am okay with, not the happy ending for Hiro, Charlie had a good happy and good life and it would not be right to undo that, I do wonder at what point that was always part of history, the show has always been a bit goofy with time travel. For Claire outing herself, sure it would be nice to be able to do so, on television? I would have to pass, too much attention and possible trouble, yet it will be entertaining to watch, I hope they take a different look at it then Marvel does with mutants, too many non mutants are hateful and will basically beat anyone up if they are a mutant even their best friend, sure some would be like that, not at the level Marvel likes to show it.

Peter should gain Sylar's ability so he can gather more powers at once. (I imagine said power will not make Peter crazy as they most likely changed that)

Last edited by Xiroteus; 02-09-10 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-09-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Since she went back to 1944 I wonder if she started to hate the Japanese?
Fucked up, but logical.
Old 02-09-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 609 Likes on 351 Posts

Okay, there just has be another season so Sylar can be bad again!
Old 02-09-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronkster
Okay, there just has be another season so Sylar can be bad again!
If there is they would need to kill him, Sylar is on far too much as a villain which gets tiresome.

Regarding episode counts, I like doing a eleven episode two story season split like season three, that works better, twenty two episodes is rather long for one story and requires a few non story line based episodes.

I would be okay with a shorter season next year if it is suppose to be the last season, I just hope they know in advance.
Old 02-09-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I've fast-forwarded through the past two episodes just to make it a little more tolerable. Maybe the show should only be a half hour?
Old 02-09-10, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't like Sylar as a "good" guy. Every story needs an antagonist, and if Samuel was an indication, the writers are not too good at coming up with new bad guys.

If this was truly the end there were as many bad seasons as there were good ones.
Old 02-09-10, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 725 Likes on 591 Posts

Volume 6 Brave New World was introduced and they did have "To Be Continued" before the closing credits so I doubt they would just end the series.

Would the new shows premiere later this Spring (too early) or maybe next Fall or early 2010 and delay it like they did with Medium when it was on NBC?
Old 02-09-10, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Volume 6 Brave New World was introduced and they did have "To Be Continued" before the closing credits so I doubt they would just end the series.

Would the new shows premiere later this Spring (too early) or maybe next Fall or early 2010 and delay it like they did with Medium when it was on NBC?
No, they have already wrapped production for the year. If NBC is going to pay for another season it wouldn't start until Fall 2010.
Old 02-09-10, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was K Callan from Carnivale. She also played Martha Kent in Lois and Clark, putting 3 Superman-related actors on NBC in one night.
Old 02-09-10, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually enjoyed it; I hope that if there is a next season, they just flash forward to some time in the future, where Syler's still good. Maybe they'll make a mix of all the futures they've shown? Just so long as the stupid Claire "OMG Dad, I can't trust you/ I need you Dad" and hidden pasts/secrets crutches aren't used as subplots.
Old 02-09-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

should be interesting... i liked the season finale...
Old 02-09-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Honestly, this was a pretty damn good episode. It's what makes the show so frustrating. If the show always sucked, it would be easy to drop. But then they pull an episode out like this and you remember what Heroes was like back in Season 1. I'm not saying this was up to that level, but it was a big leap over what they have been throwing at us.

I want to see what happens next. Damn you Heroes!

As for the ending, don't look at that as anything more than the producers' wishful thinking. They want to come back, so they're not going to make it easier for NBC to pull the plug by wrapping things up in a pretty bow. Sometimes it works (Chuck), but most of the time it doesn't (Sarah Connor, My Name Is Earl).

Last edited by TheKing; 02-09-10 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-09-10, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm confused. We've seen Samuel use his powers without any other heroes around previously but tonight as soon as Hiro teleports them away he's completely powerless? Come on that's just poor writing there. So deaf girl just need to strum the cello and she can attract people? She doesn't actually need to be actively using her powers? What happened to Tracy?

Once again I'm left disappointed at a Heroes season finale. I guess I wasn't as disappointed with this one as previous season because there just wasn't anything that they set up through the season that I needed to see a payoff on.
Old 02-09-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 725 Likes on 591 Posts

There are still people who like the show so all the negative opinions are not the majority except on this board.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hero...mpt-27805.aspx
Old 02-09-10, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

There are still people who like the show so all the negative opinions are not the majority except on this board.

I thought the "negative opinions" were reflected through the ratings?
Old 02-09-10, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a negative opinion of it, but I really don't have a positive one either. If it doesn't come back I won't be disappointed and if it does I will continue to watch hoping for better.
Old 02-09-10, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best season finale ever. I mean, for Heroes. They did a good job with the special effects, the plots were not that bad, the acting was just average of course. And yeah, that thing about Samuel losing all his powers was dumb. I guess the just wanted to include all the heroes in the finale so Hiro and Nando needed to do something. The only way to explain that is that Hiro tele transported to other side of the world or something like that.

So now we have to wait until April or May to know if we are going to have a new season, right?
Old 02-09-10, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm confused. We've seen Samuel use his powers without any other heroes around previously but tonight as soon as Hiro teleports them away he's completely powerless? Come on that's just poor writing there. So deaf girl just need to strum the cello and she can attract people? She doesn't actually need to be actively using her powers? What happened to Tracy?

Once again I'm left disappointed at a Heroes season finale. I guess I wasn't as disappointed with this one as previous season because there just wasn't anything that they set up through the season that I needed to see a payoff on.
I thought it was ok final.

We don't know how far the others have to be for Samuel to use his powers. Hiro could have moved them to another country. The rapid drop in power could have stunted Samuel.

Deaf girl seems like a plot hole. Sure she could attract people just by playing but not thousands, it would have just been people in earshot.

Tracy seems like another plot hole. She just ups and leave after saving the guy. That was just odd.

Yeah the show had problems but I would still give it a B-. Kind of dug the ending and they wrapped up the Charlie story line nicely.
Old 02-09-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Deaf girl seems like a plot hole. Sure she could attract people just by playing but not thousands, it would have just been people in earshot.
That's why they were using loud speakers.

And it was Central Park, in the summer I think, so a lot of people in the surrounding areas.

But how it's possible they showed in Central Park and the police didn't show up? Or Samuel got a special permit for the carnival?
Old 02-09-10, 10:11 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I was waiting for a bomb to go off and reset the timeline... or create a simultaneous new one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.