Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "The Wall" -- 02/01/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Heroes -- "The Wall" -- 02/01/10

So Peter banged away on that wall for 12 years and he didn't go insane?
Oooooooooooooooooooooook....................
Old 02-02-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I don't see how a guy who can make like half a dozen copies of himself can stop two of the most powerful guys on earth. Hell, even if he could make a million copies.
That is exactly what I was thinking. The Jamie Madrox-ripoff character poses absolutely no danger to the two most powerful "specials" on the planet.

The mistake the network made with this show was keeping Sylar around as a regular character after season one. You just can't make a psychopathic serial killer the main character (Dexter would never survive on network television) and make the plots believable. NBC had a dilemma that the most popular character was the crazed villain, and blew it spectacularly. In the best-case scenario, Sylar only makes a few appearances each season. But the gutless NBC executives made the wrong call, as they have with almost every creative decision of the past few years.
Old 02-02-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anybody catch the Heroes promo less than an hour before this episode, during Chuck? It started out as saying that there are 2 more episodes this season, and then only showed scenes from next week's episode.

Spoiler:
Claire and UCS (Nice new name, Goldberg ) are above ground. Peter and Sylar made it to the carnival.
Spoiler:
Claire may also reveal her abilities to a news crew at the carnival?

Way to negate your cliffhanger ending

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 02-02-10 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-02-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Spoiler:
Claire may also reveal her abilities to a news crew at the carnival?

Were they handing out beads or something?
Old 02-03-10, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

That is exactly what I was thinking. The Jamie Madrox-ripoff character poses absolutely no danger to the two most powerful "specials" on the planet.
I was thinking, really? Are they serious? Sylar can toss him aside like a tin can, *sigh* I still enjoy this show everyweek.
Old 02-03-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally watched this episode and didn't feel like the getting closer to a finale.
Old 02-03-10, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally watched this too, and frankly, I'm hoping it doesn't get renewed. It sucked!

So Sylar for the 246th time wants to be a nice guy. Peter just had to forgive him a little and that did the trick on the wall, meanwhile, Matt disappeared from his basement while Peter & Sylar were in his house and Peter had gone to sleep. Matt didn't just think of going in Peter's mind and getting him back or something.

As written above, how is multi-man gonna fight the 2 most powerful heroes? booooo!

The flashbacks were well made and gave some nice background info on Noah, but were just really dumb in this episode. Samuel wants Claire to dislike her dad so he makes her understand more into her father's reasons for disliking specials. If anything it makes Noah more likeable.

I really don't get how Kring and his writers don't have a clue to make this show any good. Ratings keep getting worse, you'd think they'd try to figure it out.
Old 02-03-10, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Luds
I really don't get how Kring and his writers don't have a clue to make this show any good. Ratings keep getting worse, you'd think they'd try to figure it out.
In all honesty the show has been a trainwreck since the writers strike. The only reason I think it's survived this long is that it STILL rides the coattails of the first season. It isn't a matter or trying to salvage the show at this point. It's just a matter of satisfying the 30 or so viewers left.
Old 02-04-10, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
In all honesty the show has been a trainwreck since the writers strike. The only reason I think it's survived this long is that it STILL rides the coattails of the first season. It isn't a matter or trying to salvage the show at this point. It's just a matter of satisfying the 30 or so viewers left.
You're certainly right about that. I did enjoy about 3-4 episodes of season 2 (mainly the last few including Peter / Hiro in the future iirc) which I thought were as good as season 1, to a certain extend, the first arc of season 3.

Perhaps we just aren't in the target demographic for bad writers
Old 02-04-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so, did they lose a writer or someone really important from season one?

I know that we love to glorify season one, and although it's not perfect, it was one of the best shows in television that year. You couldn't wait to watch each new episode. And in perspective season two wasn't that bad either. So, what happened? Was season one a fluke?
Old 02-04-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Heroes

This is episode 18. Next week is the season and possibly series finale. Although I read the synopsis and since these episodes were taped months ago before the ratings went into the toilet:

Spoiler:
It does not sound like episode 19 ends with any closure.

Are you kidding me? Next week is the season finale? This thing feels so rushed.
Old 02-04-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This episode was really bad. Did we really need 30 minutes of Sylar and Peter beating on a brick wall? This show stinks.
Old 02-04-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Bryan Fuller.
Old 02-04-10, 01:51 PM

I enjoyed this episode and am in the minority, I still enjoy this show, not nearly as good as S1, easy solution for all you who are complaining, stop watching! all you do is come here and complain about the show, just stop watching!
Old 02-04-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by kiddk1
I enjoyed this episode and am in the minority, I still enjoy this show, not nearly as good as S1, easy solution for all you who are complaining, stop watching! all you do is come here and complain about the show, just stop watching!
I used to think like this, but it's become such a tired and cliched statement. Just because some complain about the show all the time, it doesn't mean they don't get some kind of entertainment factor out of it. 24 is a pretty popular serial drama and it gets complaints all the time, but it doesn't mean that people don't like watching it to some degree.

There were some people bitching about the Lost premiere and saying how it sucked, but it's not going to stop them from finishing it out.
Old 02-04-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

If we took the negative comments out of the Heroes thread then there would be no need for a weekly thread.

Most that still comment liked the show in the beginning and continue to watch in hopes that it will get better.
Old 02-04-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I don't see how a guy who can make like half a dozen copies of himself can stop two of the most powerful guys on earth. Hell, even if he could make a million copies.
I don't see how a guy can let the Rohmbot get away is going to stop Sylar & Peter.

Most inept carny ever!
Old 02-04-10, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

I got a blu-ray player and don't laugh I want to get the blu ray dvd sets for seasons 1-3.
Old 02-04-10, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I got a blu-ray player and don't laugh I want to get the blu ray dvd sets for seasons 1-3.

Sorry, what?
Old 02-04-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a blu-ray player and, don't laugh, I want to get the blu ray dvd sets for seasons 1-3.

Is that better?

He wants to buy Heroes S1-S3 in Blu-Ray now that he got a Blu-Ray player. Don't laugh.

And just to add something, I have S1 in HD-DVD and it looks and sounds really great.
Old 02-05-10, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3

I know that we love to glorify season one, and although it's not perfect, it was one of the best shows in television that year. You couldn't wait to watch each new episode. And in perspective season two wasn't that bad either. So, what happened? Was season one a fluke?
I'd have to say yes to that.
Old 02-05-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts

I'm completely disappointed in the past few seasons of this show (and yes, I'm going to state my complaints, dammit! ), but I still feel that I need to see how it "wraps up". With only one episode left, I'll watch it (and I'll bitch about too!!) just to see how the writers finish their aimless storyline.
Old 02-05-10, 12:55 PM

Would've been nice to have writers of the same caliber as those who write for Lost. I still have some enjoyment of the show, but I'll definitely admit there's a lot of problems with the story. That's really unfortunate since this show really did have tons of potential
Old 02-05-10, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I've been on a marathon watching session the past couple days. The last four episodes. This was was the best of the bunch. I actually enjoyed the Peter-Sylar story more than the rest. That is of course ignoring the umpteenth "is Sylar good today or bad today" crutch. How many times can the writers really go back to this well? ... ugh.

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I think there is a lot to wrap up. You still want to see all the heroes come together in one big battle or unite in some common purpose to maybe help or save humanity and the greater meaning of their powers.
Seriously? No, seriously? That's the biggest problem with this show. We've been waiting for 4 years for a big battle. It hasn't happened and it's not going to happen, ever. For a show about superheroes no one ever does shit. I guess we should have known since even the finale of season 1 was a copout. Season 2 had that showdown between Sylar and Peter in the hallway... that happens off camera. Season 3 had the big showdown between Sylar, Peter and Nathan... not only off screen but we get to see someone else watching the battle through a keyhole.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Peter just needs to touch him and copy his power. Then he can keep him busy while Sylar goes to the rescue.
Aaaaaand which guy does he grab? I was thinking more along the lines of Peter just gets in his head with the power he has. Peter grabbing, stealing his power and duplicating himself would lead to a big battle and as mentioned in the previous paragraph, that just ain't gonna happen.

With this season coming to a close, the old idiom comes to mind, Fool me once (season 2) shame on you. Fool me twice (season 3) shame on me. Fool me thrice (season 4), shame on both of us. I was on the fence coming into this season, but this season started out promising so I stuck it out, but in true Heroes fashion, the writers found ways to fuck up any potential there.

After the finale, I'm officially out. They've had three years to capitalize on the potential of this show and clearly don't have a fucking clue what to do.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-05-10 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-06-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But you are not mad, right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.