Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-13, 08:42 AM   #101
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,512
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I think he might be able to get away with keeping the tips since he pays them more than minimum wage, but I'm not sure. Like Noonan says above, being an empty place, the servers probably make more with $9 an hour than they would with minimum wage + tips. Not that I'm defending that sleazeball.
But they don't disclose that info to the customers. So the customers' tips are intended for the servers.

THAT'S what makes it despicable, IMO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 09:01 AM   #102
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 9,201
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...ntcmp=features

I love it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 09:09 AM   #103
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 3,954
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Anyone see this interview featured on CNN?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/05/15/pkg-kitchen-nightmare-couple-meltdown-facebook.kpho.html
__________________
Compositor/ VFX Artist
Credits Include:
-Green Lantern (2011)
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 (2011)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 10:39 AM   #104
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Natick, Ma, USA
Posts: 6,194
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maingon View Post
Wow. Watching that I almost feel a little bit sorry for them. Almost...
__________________
"The camel is dead and I ate it! (just like the bacon)" - Todd
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 10:44 AM   #105
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 9,201
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

That is awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:08 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Luds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 773
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

So is this debacle worth watching? I'm quite backed up in shows to watch, but if this is really spectacular I could fit it in
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:25 PM   #107
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,856
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luds View Post
So is this debacle worth watching? I'm quite backed up in shows to watch, but if this is really spectacular I could fit it in
YES.

I checked it out on OnDemand a couple nights ago (despite a backlog of shows as well) because of all the talk in this forum and Otter and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen.

The first 5 minutes alone, before GF even shows up, is as big a train wreck as you'll ever see on TV.

AND IT GETS BETTER.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:28 PM   #108
DVD Talk Hero
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 47,552
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

who wants to bet the whole "hacking" thing was made up by them? I could easily see Amy making those scathing posts after having a few too many and then flipping out that those posts would kill their business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:43 PM   #109
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Twin Cities, US of A
Posts: 11,156
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
who wants to bet the whole "hacking" thing was made up by them? I could easily see Amy making those scathing posts after having a few too many and then flipping out that those posts would kill their business.
My money is on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 12:52 PM   #110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 244
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 01:03 PM   #111
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,236
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I think he might be able to get away with keeping the tips since he pays them more than minimum wage, but I'm not sure. Like Noonan says above, being an empty place, the servers probably make more with $9 an hour than they would with minimum wage + tips. Not that I'm defending that sleazeball.
Nope. The owner keeping the waitress' tips regardless of how much he pays them is straight up illegal under federal law.

Quote:
Retention of Tips: A tip is the sole property of the tipped employee regardless of whether the employer takes a
tip credit. The FLSA prohibits any arrangement between the employer and the tipped employee whereby any
part of the tip received becomes the property of the employer. For example, even where a tipped employee
receives at least $7.25 per hour in wages directly from the employer, the employee may not be required to turn
over his or her tips to the employer.
__________________
there's no prize for out-crazying Guarddog.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 01:11 PM   #112
DVD Talk Legend
 
Troy Stiffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Under an I-10 Overpass
Posts: 19,149
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
who wants to bet the whole "hacking" thing was made up by them?
Did anyone think that it wasn't made up by them?
__________________
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 01:26 PM   #113
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Meglos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,408
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Nope. The owner keeping the waitress' tips regardless of how much he pays them is straight up illegal under federal law.
They're not very good at law. According to the video above they think you're trespassing if you're standing on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant.
__________________
Cordially,

Future Dwight

"Why don't you give me Ape Tit for two hundred." - Turd Ferguson
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-13, 01:37 PM   #114
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 28,744
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by troystiffler View Post
Did anyone think that it wasn't made up by them?
There were a few tweets that were kinda questionable, so I believe some could have been "hacked".
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 05:22 AM   #115
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,987
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
There were a few tweets that were kinda questionable, so I believe some could have been "hacked".
Because they were coherent?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 12:27 PM   #116
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: The Last Frontier
Posts: 4,758
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

I wouldn't be surprised it if was hacked. Several of the dessert photos on their page (which they apparently just stole from other places on the Internet) have descriptions that were clearly not made by the crazy couple.
__________________
PSN: bdshort
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 04:21 PM   #117
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 33,863
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Little interview with the waitress who waited on Ramsay, and was let go a little after the show was shot:

http://www.mix969.com/pages/mathewbl...ticle=11298061
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-13, 06:17 PM   #118
DVD Talk Legend
 
The Valeyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Building attractions one theme park at a time.
Posts: 10,239
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
I wouldn't be surprised it if was hacked. Several of the dessert photos on their page (which they apparently just stole from other places on the Internet) have descriptions that were clearly not made by the crazy couple.
That's Tagging, not hacking. They haven't blocked their Facebook to stop people from tagging their images. Anyone can pop on and write whatever they want.
__________________
You must watch my Short film Punching Hitler!

"Well time travel's confusing. I remember tomorrow like it was yesterday."
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 04:51 PM   #119
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Posts: 1,441
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Evan Meadow - are you attending the Grand re-opening tomorrow?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 09:46 PM   #120
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: The Last Frontier
Posts: 4,758
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard View Post
That's Tagging, not hacking. They haven't blocked their Facebook to stop people from tagging their images. Anyone can pop on and write whatever they want.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Some of the stuff people have written is pretty funny.
__________________
PSN: bdshort
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 02:24 AM   #121
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,192
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Little interview with the waitress who waited on Ramsay, and was let go a little after the show was shot:

http://www.mix969.com/pages/mathewbl...ticle=11298061
Hello Miranda!
__________________
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -Unknown
"I like you just the way you are." -Fred Rogers
"Another day, another dolour." -Me
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 07:07 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Luds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 773
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeandTide View Post
YES.

I checked it out on OnDemand a couple nights ago (despite a backlog of shows as well) because of all the talk in this forum and Otter and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen.

The first 5 minutes alone, before GF even shows up, is as big a train wreck as you'll ever see on TV.

AND IT GETS BETTER.
Yep, I downloaded it and it was pretty insane. I wish I could just go and make a scene!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 04:55 PM   #123
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Posts: 1,441
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

So it sounds like the press conference was cancelled after the lawyers for Kitchen Nightmares contacted them and reminded them of their non-disclosure agreement and $100,000 fine.

The PR firm they hired pulled a Gordon Ramsey and quit on them too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 05:26 PM   #124
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 33,863
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
The PR firm they hired pulled a Gordon Ramsey and quit on them too.
I would love to have been in on that meeting. I'm assuming it was more of the same vein of not taking a professional's advise and wanting to keep doing things their way; seeking validation for their shittiness, rather than genuinely wanting to change for the better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 06:26 PM   #125
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Finisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,182
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Hello Miranda!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0