Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: The One and Only KITCHEN NIGHTMARES / HELL'S KITCHEN Thread

I hate this show and the hyperdramatic Fox style with a passion, yet I watch it for trashy entertainment. It's the worst kind of boob-tube junk food. Doesn't reflect well on Ramsey that he would choose to continue with this crap and drop the infinitely superior British version, as it appears he has done.

One of the things I hate most is how Fox plays up the incessant idolatry and grovelling of Ramsey from the feckless participants: "I couldn't believe someone of his calibre was tasting my food"; "To have the greatest chef in the world helping us is (tears well up)...I can't explain it"; "He has changed my life"; blah, blah, blah.
Old 01-30-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Same here. Last night was terrible, as expected. These morans runs a place called Hot Potato, and, yet, they cook using 3-week-old frozen potato skins? They deserve to fail miserably. None of them knew what they were doing.
Old 01-30-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
^ Same here. Last night was terrible, as expected. These morans runs a place called Hot Potato, and, yet, they cook using 3-week-old frozen potato skins? They deserve to fail miserably. None of them knew what they were doing.
Despite of what you think of the show, Well that's a bit a-holey don't you think.
Wasn't the point that they needed this guy to help them fix the restaurant and then learn how to keep it running properly, as this is what has happened.
Old 01-31-10, 06:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watch the BBC version and the USA version, and I don't see a lot of difference.

As long as Gordon's hands are flying and clapping as he talks to the camera, it's all good.
Old 01-31-10, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

im surpised Gordon didnt have them change the concept of the place ..I mean a whole restaurant devoted to potato dishes???
Old 01-31-10, 09:45 AM
Banned

I like them French fried potaters.
Old 02-02-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Programming suicide, but there's a new episode tonight.

When Chef Ramsay visits Flamangos in Whitehouse Station, NJ, he feels like he's stepped back in time and into the rainforest. This family-run restaurant is in desperate need of a total overhaul, and with one of the owners stuck in the past and resistant to change, it's nearly impossible for Ramsay to make any improvements. After working with the employees on new decor, a new menu and even a new name, the owner remains skeptical and decides it might be best just to shut their doors forever. Will Chef Ramsay be able to change the owners' minds and help them turn their restaurant around, or will they just throw in the towel?
Old 05-12-13, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Kitchen Nightmares

I watch this on and off. A Phoenix restaurant was on this week, so I watched.

The owners were so unwilling to change, that the whole episode went by, and Ramsey ended up leaving without doing anything.

Now I really want to go there and send some food back to see what happens. Haha.

Anyone else watch it?
Old 05-12-13, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw it. It was actually one worth watching. The owners were completely delusional. I was waiting for someone to KO Dad, and the woman was unbelievably childish and pompous. They'll be closed very soon.
Old 05-12-13, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still need to watch it. But of COURSE the one restaurant he finds no reason to help is in Arizona!
Old 05-12-13, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw it. Wow, that bitch was crazy. Great episode.

Taking the waitstaff's tips.
Old 05-12-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Their yelp page is getting destroyed!
Old 05-12-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 437 Likes on 299 Posts

I can't believe they are still open. I thought for sure the episode would end with a shot of the closed restaurant.

Current and former employees definitely need to go after the owners over tips. That is f'ing BS!!!
Old 05-12-13, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, they took it down but they had a posting on their Facebook page saying that they didn't need to defend themselves or their practices. After about 3K terrible comments they finally pulled it down. But the funny thing is people started actually looking into them. That Amy lady has is a criminal, literally. She got busted for Social Security fraud, people even starting posting the public court documents about it. It was hilarious.

That being said I totally love anything with Gordon Ramsay so I'm looking forward to next season.
Old 05-12-13, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Their yelp page is getting destroyed!
The user photos and recent reviews are hilarious.
Old 05-12-13, 12:53 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

As soon as I saw the owners, I knew they would fight Gordon. Classic spoiled trophy wife who doesn't realize her only skill is between her legs and the rich old perv who won't say no for fear of cutting off the sex.
Old 05-12-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was easily the most entertaining episode of Kitchen Nightmares. I can't fathom how I would've reacted if I was the guy who was waiting for his pizza. The owner assaulted him, didn't he? Why didn't they call the cops?

This is going to put that place out of business, though. Nobody will eat there now. That woman was a total loon.
Old 05-12-13, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meathead
I can't believe they are still open. I thought for sure the episode would end with a shot of the closed restaurant.

Current and former employees definitely need to go after the owners over tips. That is f'ing BS!!!
I wonder if he's declaring those tips to the IRS.
Old 05-12-13, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
This is going to put that place out of business, though. Nobody will eat there now. That woman was a total loon.
They'll stay in business, if they turn this into a gimmick. I'd go there once in awhile to joke about it and get yelled at. But I doubt that will happen. These people seemed completely unaware of how they look.
Old 05-12-13, 03:25 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

This is awesome - i've been watching kitchen nightmares since it debuted and havent ever really thought much about posting (apparently i posted twice in this thread in 2010). Then this episode happens and i come on here to find a thread and i see the old one bumped for the same reason! Those 2 were certifiably insane. Even when she was calm, she was loony (the cats and starting in on the "haters")

Awesome that their "plan" was to have Gordon come on and rave about their food and "prove everyone wrong". But all they did was make themselves look worse.

They could milk the notoriety and make it like a Dick's last resort. Except she's too delusional to be in on the joke. Or just drop the bistro part and go bakery only...

I'm actually going to be in Scottsdale in 2 weeks and plan on looking into eating there. But I have to look into the prices. Bad expensive food is never worth it, no matter the entertainment.
Old 05-13-13, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mcfly
This was easily the most entertaining episode of Kitchen Nightmares. I can't fathom how I would've reacted if I was the guy who was waiting for his pizza. The owner assaulted him, didn't he? Why didn't they call the cops?

I live about a mile away from where the restaurant is. The minute I saw the shots of the outside I recognized the shopping center. I get my haircuts across the street from them.

Tried to convince my mom that's where we should have gone for Mother's Day dinner but she wasn't having it.
Old 05-13-13, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've come to the conclusion that anyone over the age of 14 who ever uses the term "hater" seriously and in everyday conversation has some sort of mental illness.

I think it went beyond spoiled, etc, that woman was mentally ill. She needs some serious psychological help. From a practical stand point, she can clearly bake, but cannot cook. Get a chef. Make the pastries (or hell just have a coffee shop/bakery) but that's a point they could only get after some medical and probably pharmacological intervention.
Old 05-13-13, 08:40 AM

I've seen every KN episode, both BBC and FOX, and this had to be the most entertaining episode ever. If anyone checks out Amy's, you've got to provide a report.
Old 05-13-13, 09:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great episode:

found this info on a blog (a family member)

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bel...ing.php?page=2

I have read all your post on all the links and would just like to say a few things. Amy is my niece. She is my sister’s daughter. So to start off first I would like to say that Amy used to be an amazing woman. Her life change drastically when she got involved with Samy. He is very domineering and very mean. If the show had continued you would have seen that he is way worse than Amy. One of the things that bother me the most with the show and with the posts is that everyone is saying how sorry they feel for Samy. Would you feel sorry for him if he told you he was going to take your niece out and leave her in the desert with a bullet in her head for the coyotes to eat if she ever left him? Would you feel sorry for him then? I’m not saying that what Amy did is ok…I was surprised by the way she was. She was never like that before. Never mean or hateful or angry. Just so you know a couple of things. 1) her real name is Amanda, but she has always been called Amy by her family 2) she has never been a stripper and worked at the Cheetah lounge in Vegas 3) her desserts ARE homemade…all of them 4) she has never had a facelift…although I have not seen her for a while (as Samy has not allowed her to have contact with her family) she is very thin now 5) she is not a transplanted Jew 6)she is not a gold digger…she is a very hardworking woman and does believe in herself (even though she shows it in the wrong way) 7) she is pretty…she is beautiful…and very loving 8)yes, she does have a criminal record (as does he)…but I have to say as people do “Do the crime…pay the time”…she did do the time unlike so many other people. She knows what she did was wrong and she willing gave herself up to the law to be punished. I’m sure a lot of you won’t eat there…I won’t eat there either (mostly because I’m not allowed in there)…but even then I probably wouldn’t go . I just wanted to post this hoping to….I don’t really know what I was hoping. All I know is that this whole thing, the show, the posts, everything has made me very sad. Sad for the beautiful woman I used to know. Hoping that one day she will leave him and move on with her life…and hope that she doesn’t end up in the desert. Always, her Aunt Marsha
Looks like Amy might be doing some more jail time for loan fraud - Sammy kept his hands clean and put everything in her name... guess that is how you fund a $1M restaurant and 'gangster' lifestyle.
Old 05-13-13, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spoon81
I've seen every KN episode, both BBC and FOX, and this had to be the most entertaining episode ever.
It's possibly the most entertaining of the American shows, but the British version was a totally different breed. It didn't have any of Fox's insufferable contrivances. A couple that stand out from the British incarnation are Piccolo Teatro in Paris, with the rude, entitled owner who walked off, and the one in Brighton with Alan Love. Then there were the clueless dudes on the Spanish coast with dogshit on the patio, and the one with the three bitchy sisters, and on and on. Much better show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.