Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor "On The Wings of Love"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-10, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Bachelor "On The Wings of Love"

still holding out hope that we'll have a violent ending to a season one day. where one girl loses it and hurts the guy
Old 03-01-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, Tenley had the bumpiest ditched ride home ever. Here's hoping the relationship meltdown to come is a good one in this last hour.
Old 03-01-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Fuck is Vienna ugly.
Old 03-01-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, I HAD to post. My wife was watching this and I walked in and watched for a couple minutes. The woman the guy picked is hideous.
Old 03-01-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
OK, I HAD to post. My wife was watching this and I walked in and watched for a couple minutes. The woman the guy picked is hideous.
She's probably awesome in the sack.
Old 03-01-10, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She probably swallows..
Old 03-01-10, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She's a cute girl.

Old 03-01-10, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

No, she's not. Willingness to show your tits in a photo shoot does not equal cute.
Old 03-02-10, 02:07 AM

fugly indeed.

someone said it best earlier in this thread when she was described as a tranny. haha.
Old 03-02-10, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad he chose her because of all the Bachelors, he is the biggest tool box of them all. He deserves the fallout from choosing a chick who nobody likes (as if EVERYBODY is wrong and he sees the true Vienna -- right!). She presented herself as completely immature to his family... it was embarassing.

I'm disappointed Allie is the next Bachelorette. She doesn't do anything for me... she seems too much of a good girl. I would have loved to see Gia for 12 more weeks. Oh well.

PS -- those tubes in the picture above are allegedly courtesy of her ex-boyfriends bank account (which she pillaged from when he was serving in Iraq).
Old 03-02-10, 09:03 AM

anyone else think it was funny how the family was like "she's not a good fit...blah blah blah" then all of a sudden: "i'm so sorry i judged her. she's great. blah blah blah."

eh. can't believe i'm posting about this show.

i liked tenley throughout the season, but she needs to stop reminding us that she was married, got her heart broken, and wants a man to love her completely. she's got issues.

would have liked to see gia for a whole season. darnit.
Old 03-02-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Heat
She's a cute girl.

you have to realize people have much higher virtual standards here for their dreams.
Old 03-02-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No wonder Jake cries so damn much, his dad is just as big of a pussy! Kind of surprised me that, for such a robotic guy, he still thought with his little head.
Old 03-02-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by draven31
She probably swallows..
you have to do a lot more to get picked
Old 03-02-10, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
you have to do a lot more to get picked
In Jake's case , I dont think so. but she probably let's him pee in her butt.
Old 03-02-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Fact: Every single woman who thinks other women don't like her because she's "honest" is either a huge raging bitch and/or a drama queen.

Man this is a cruel & uncomfortable show though. But somehow they've brilliantly gotten me to tune in every week even though I hate it and everybody on it. I don't know how that works.
Old 03-02-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

The breakup with Tenley was very uncomfortable television. Jake rambling on to Tenley, that they didn't have the physical chemistry, I wonder if she had a big pair of bolt-ons if it would have made a difference. Jake came across as a major douche, and now we have to watch him all over again on dancing with the stars. I really wish they would have chosen Gia as the next bachelorette, she was much hotter than Ali.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 03-02-10 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-02-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Pretty awesome job in mentioning the mocking points in last nights show from
http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...ake_vienna_ali

Although the two-hour finale and one-hour reunion were absurdly padded, thanks to Jake’s amusing verbalization of his feelings and Vienna’s presence on the show, there were some things worthy of mocking:

“This isn’t supposed to happen. You’re not supposed to be in love with two women at the same time,” Jake told us early on, as if that was the most absurd part of the whole process.

Jake’s mother awesomely asked Jake if Vienna is “the girl everybody didn’t like? Because sometimes there’s something to that, Jake.”

After meeting Tenley, Jake’s mom revealed that “Tenley touched me,” which seems super-inappropriate.

“I definitely felt sparks when I dived into the pool with Tenley today,” Jake said. Apparently, that was his cell phone in his pocket shorting out, because those sparks didn’t lead to anything.

“I want them to see the Vienna I’ve fallen in love with,” Jake told us. But can you show that on TV at 8:23 ET?

“She’s got a lot to live up to after our time with Tenley,” Jake’s sister-in-law said. If they’d met them in reverse, she would have said, “Well, as long as she’s breathing and isn’t a registered sex offender, Tenley will be fine with me.”

Vienna started to talk about “when Jake touches me” and “when Jake was and rubbing mud all over my body,” which was actually when viewers were rubbing mud in our eyes.

“I know for a fact now that you can be in love with more than one person, because I am,” Jake said. And then he announced that Big Love is his favorite show and Bill Henrickson is his hero.

As if we were three-year-olds, Jake explained, “An engagement ring is a promise between two people that they’re going to be together forever.” And a wedding ring is a promise that Us Weekly will be covering your divorce in six months.

At least, the big moment came, and Tenley was up first. “I’m more than positive that my new life with Jake begins today,” Tenley said. And I’m positive you’re about to bawl.

Jake cried to Tenley, “I do love you, and you’re just perfect as you are.” But GO AWAY PERFECT PERSON.

“Something just doesn’t feel right. I don’t know why,” Jake told her. Yes, it doesn’t feel right that you’re selecting Vienna over Tenley, who you’ve been gushing about for weeks.

“Thank you for making me feel special,” Tenley told Jake, which was actually really nice and functional and all together. Is it possible to like Tenley more?
As he walked her to the limo of shame, Jake kept explaining, saying, “There is some part of me that is not coming naturally.” Based on all the frightening pharmaceutical ads I’ve been watching tonight, if you’re on some medication, that may be a side effect.

Once Vienna showed up, Jake either tried to fake Vienna or genuinely did something weird. “There’s something you need to have,” he told Vienna. “It’s a promise from your father and a promise to your father. I didn’t understand the meaning of this.” He gave the ring back to her as she looked crushed, and said, “You need to have this. I think it’s important.” Yes, that’s why she gave it to you, blockhead.

When he finally proposed to Vienna, Jake followed all social conventions and got down on one knee and opened the ring box so the product placed name of the jeweler was visible to the camera.

There was a weird montage of Vienna and Jake together set to “On the Wings of Love” that was, I think, supposed to erase our bad memories of Vienna.

More than two hours later, it was time for the reunion. The After the Final Rose set was the same set they used for The Women Tell All. Clearly, they were taped at the same time, and clearly, the producers think we have no short-term or long-term memory at all, which was evident when they showed us an extended clip of footage of Tenley’s rejection, which aired just a few minutes earlier.

Chris Harrison asked Tenley, “What hurts the most?” And how can I metaphorically grind those pieces of glass into your heart even more?

Tenley told Jake, “I don’t understand what was missing. You just weren’t able to put it into words.” Uh, haven’t you been dating Jake? He can’t put anything into words beyond his own name.

Tenley told Jake, “I am relieved that I wasn’t her if you feeling that much passion about both of us,” and the audience clapped, maybe just at the part about Tenley not being Vienna.

“I have so much hope,” Tenley said, and Chris told her, “You’re one of the nicest, sweetest women we’ve ever had on the show.” And now, get the hell off the couch so we can bring Vienna out.

According to a promo, next Monday’s wedding featuring Jason and Molly wedding will be the culmination of “the greatest love story of the year.” Really? I actually took ABC’s bullshit sensational Bachelor promos seriously. Really?

Jake said, “Vienna’s my baby,” and the audience cooed, right before he said “I have never had this much heat in a relationship.” Relationships with babies shouldn’t have heat.

Jake said he was going to “date out of my comfort zone,” and instead he ended up getting engaged outside our comfort zone. Bachelor fail.

“You really learn how to communicate well,” Jake said about his time on the show. “Well” isn’t quite the word I’d use.

“It’s almost controversial that you’ve chosen her,” Chris Harrison said, weeks before Jake’s choice became public. How does he know it’s going to be controversial? Oh, because you, Mike Fleiss, and your editors have edited Vienna into resembling a freakish Floridian swamp ape.

“You only get one first time,” Jake said about his nerves in proposing. Luckily, since he met Vienna on The Bachelor, he’ll have at least a second time, sometime after the first time they break off the engagement.

“The tabloids, the media, even some of the fans have not been kind to you,” Chris Harrison said. Gee, I wonder why they would have a distorted perspective of Vienna, you disingenuous assclown.

“But wait, there’s more,” Chris Harrison told Vienna and Jake after he said they would receive a trip back to the resort on St. Lucia where they got engaged. The surprise: Tenley’s going too! No, actually, Jeffrey Osborne showed up to sing “On the Wings of Love,” and I felt like I was watching a 1980s sit-com’s theme song or montage, except since I was watching Jake and Vienna dance, there was all kinds of barf on my lap.
Old 03-03-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm glad I DVR'd the last episode and After the Rose -- they were filled with more garbage than a land-fill. I can't believe this clown is going to be on Dancing with the Stars --- AND we get to hear about updates about him and Vienna.