17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Samoa - 12/17/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Samoa - 12/17/09

Russell not playing the Idol tonight is a perfect example of why he will not win.

It is a complete cocky d1ck move. A sport equivalent would be a football team with the lead and 30 seconds left when their opponent is out of timeouts trying to score a touchdown instead of taking the knee.
Old 12-18-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I thought it was more like a clueless way to go out. Much like the way she and many others have played the whole game.

Unless we're missing a lot because of editing, only if Brett wins his way into the final 3 can I possibly think of someone who has a real case against Russell.
They have an easy case against him

Russell was a jerk to many people. Natalie,Mick and Jaison were not.

No one is gonna give someone a Million dollars to someone that treated them in a disrespectful manner no matter what they did strategically.
Old 12-18-09, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy

If Natalie wins, I'll go nuts. I have nothing against her, but the "my strategy was to be nice and act like I wasn't a threat and then let Russell do the dirty work" is so lame.
The game itself is more social than strategical despite the edited tv show we watch which places the majority of the emphasis on the strategical element.

Any person that has ever lost Survivor on the jury vote has only themselves to blame for either putting themselves in the end with someone more likeable or not realizing the importance of interpersonal relationships with jurors.
Old 12-18-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it just me, or did this ep have more mentions of god then all the previous eps combined?
Old 12-18-09, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,763 Likes on 1,905 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Was it just me, or did this ep have more mentions of god then all the previous eps combined?
Yeah, Brett and Natalie were total Jesus freaks. Don't know if I never noticed it before, or if they just started playing it up tonight.

I don't know if Jaison and Russell booting Shambo was the best move. It would be really easy for a Mick-Brett-Natalie alliance to wipe those two out in short order. And if Jaison or Russell make it to the final two against Brett (who stands a good chance of having an immunity run) then they're facing a jury with a majority of Brett's old tribe.
Old 12-18-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I don't know if Jaison and Russell booting Shambo was the best move. It would be really easy for a Mick-Brett-Natalie alliance to wipe those two out in short order. And if Jaison or Russell make it to the final two against Brett (who stands a good chance of having an immunity run) then they're facing a jury with a majority of Brett's old tribe.
I'm pretty sure Natalie is with Russell no matter what. She's said that twice this season and I don't see her backstabbing him.

Brett is gone if he doesn't win the last 2 challenges. If he does than Russell will not make it to the finals. The only way I see Russell making it to the final 3 is if either he or Natalie win the final immunity challenge. I think Jaison and Natalie are a lock for the final 3. Now we just need to see the challenges play out to see who will be the 3rd.

My breakdown:

1st Immunity Challege
-Brett wins, Mick goes home
-Anyone else wins, Brett goes home

2nd Immunity Challenge
-Brett wins, Russell or Brett (if still in game) goes home
-Mick wins, Russell/Brett goes home
-Jaison wins, Russell/Brett goes home
-Natalie wins, Mick/Brett goes home
-Russell wins, Mick/Brett goes home

Last edited by dino88; 12-18-09 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-18-09, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the eff out shambo!
Old 12-18-09, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,033 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Russell not playing the Idol tonight is a perfect example of why he will not win.

It is a complete cocky d1ck move. A sport equivalent would be a football team with the lead and 30 seconds left when their opponent is out of timeouts trying to score a touchdown instead of taking the knee.
Well, the votes had already been cast at that point and no one would have voted for him on the expectation that he'd play it. I'm sure their minds were all spinning with what-might-have-beens when he did that, though.

I didn't know they still made this game!

Old 12-18-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Great episode. Brett is a little bitch boy though.
I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.
Old 12-18-09, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, Brett and Natalie were total Jesus freaks. Don't know if I never noticed it before, or if they just started playing it up tonight.
They've just never shown it before. It Laura's exit interview, she said she and Brett were really close because of their faith and they never showed that. I think they just put so much time into Russell this season that a lot of these more minor "subplots" were put on the backburner.
Old 12-18-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
They've just never shown it before. It Laura's exit interview, she said she and Brett were really close because of their faith and they never showed that. I think they just put so much time into Russell this season that a lot of these more minor "subplots" were put on the backburner.
I saw on their profiles on another site that Brett and Laura actually went to the same church and knew each other before the show (before he moved to LA).
Old 12-18-09, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

If I learned one thing from last night's show it's that God's plan in regards to coconuts is mysterious indeed.
Old 12-18-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by mugwump
If I learned one thing from last night's show it's that God's plan in regards to coconuts is mysterious indeed.
No shit.

It always boggles my mind that so many people who believe in a god, thinks that it gives a crap about whether the right amount of coconuts don't fall so they can win a game show.

Same as these assholes who point at the sky and thank god for getting a touchdown in a football game.

It is dumb as hell yet people continue to pray to and thank their god for stuff like that all the time. It's just strange to me and I don't see how truly believe it.
Old 12-18-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
No shit.

It always boggles my mind that so many people who believe in a god, thinks that it gives a crap about whether the right amount of coconuts don't fall so they can win a game show.

Same as these assholes who point at the sky and thank god for getting a touchdown in a football game.

It is dumb as hell yet people continue to pray to and thank their god for stuff like that all the time. It's just strange to me and I don't see how truly believe it.

The best thing is when players thank god after a great performance but you never hear them bitch at him after a shitty performance.
Old 12-18-09, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The best thing is when players thank god after a great performance but you never hear them bitch at him after a shitty performance.
But you know they're thinking it. In their ME-liocentric view of the universe, God isn't just a personal god, He's a personal assistant god.
Old 12-18-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did I read that right, does Brett design tee shirts?
Old 12-19-09, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Graftenberg
Did I read that right, does Brett design tee shirts?
No, he is a shirt and liquidsky wants to wear him.
Old 12-19-09, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

is there a rule now that winners cant bring back food from a reward? i stopped watching for a few years but i remember in the past people always bringing back a little to share. i havent seen that this season.
Old 12-20-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 173 Posts

According to Jeff's bog, the reward challenge took 4 hours
Old 12-20-09, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
According to Jeff's bog, the reward challenge took 4 hours
I assume a lot of that was spent counting the coconuts that fell.