Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Teen Wolf (MTV) - Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Teen Wolf -- "Battlefield" -- 8/06/12

I have noticed that the episodes have gotten progressively worse in my mind. I mean did we really need extreme close up of Stile's face over and over (look at me with my new camera moves! I'm a serious cinematographer!)? And the whole Allison progression has been awful. "I can shoot arrows. I can totally take down werewolves and a lizard boy that can move faster than I can see with minimal training and my pouty mouth."
Her Grandfather quoting or reading crap all the time is so eye roll inducing. He can go from decent actor that I was excited to have as the grandfather to cheeseball in a hot minute. I thought it was just me tiring of the show or something. I'm glad someone else feels the same way.

Having said that I can't wait for the finale and I'll be watching next season. It's always been a guilty pleasure and not something that's ever been top notch TV in my mind but it's enjoyable.
And I do like the old alpha.
Old 08-13-12, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,777 Likes on 2,706 Posts
Teen Wolf -- Season Finale -- "Master Plan" -- 8/13/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Scott races to uncover Gerard's master plan following a shocking death on the lacrosse field in the Season 2 finale. Meanwhile, Derek plots to take Gerard down using his own methods.

Episode 12 of 12

Remember this was renewed for a 24 episode third season. Most likely it will return next summer.
Old 08-13-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Teen Wolf -- Season Finale -- "Master Plan" -- 8/13/12

What grade are Scott & friends in? Junior since the girl was talking about getting her drivers license or is she in a different grade. Just wondering if it will do the typical thing of teens graduating & they all either stay in town or attend local college (like Sunnydale, the tiny little town suddenly has a college in it or a group of friends graduate from Beverly Hills High and nobody moves away) just so the show can go on.
Old 08-14-12, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 853 Likes on 715 Posts

An awful, awful finale. The past couple of episodes left me speechless at how bad they were. I had actually liked most of this season until the whole thing fall apart at the end. Did the showrunner have a stroke and someone else had to finish it? It feels like network tampering to me.
Old 08-14-12, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought it was fine and glad everyone stays and Jackson finally gets his wish. The show is not known for tightly scripted plots (some things happen and are forgotten about totally) so I just go along and have fun.
Old 08-14-12, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by celmendo
I have noticed that the episodes have gotten progressively worse in my mind.
What I really meant in my mind was: I have enjoyed most of the episodes, especially the one with the birthday party, but I've noticed that there are progressively moments that are so awful I wonder why I'm still watching this show and then it'll pass and I just put that awful moment out of my mind. But the awful moments became an entire episode tonight.

(what I orig. wrote popped in my head while watching the finale and I had to correct it or pop a vessel. I know I"m crazy. Shut it!)
Old 08-14-12, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They packed enough horrible moments in the last two episodes to last several seasons. The crazy turn by Gerard, Allison becoming a stone-cold killer, Jackson magically transforming into a werewolf after dying. It was a complete trainwreck.
Old 08-14-12, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Jackson magically transforming into a werewolf after dying.
Don't remember that. It looked like he killed/injured himself so he wouldn't have to attack anyone else. Those were canama claws.
Old 08-15-12, 01:21 AM

Then he turned into a wolf with blue eyes! And the whole Alpha pack came out of nowhere. Not sure where they will go with that but I'm in it for the haul. I'm a sucker for Werewolf stories
Old 08-15-12, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by resinrats
Don't remember that. It looked like he killed/injured himself so he wouldn't have to attack anyone else. Those were canama claws.
Yeah, that's from the next episode. Hope you weren't spoiled...

Someone bumped this thread replying to someone else and finale info was brought up in another post.
Old 12-13-12, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Teen Wolf -- New Horror-Drama Series -- "Wolf Moon" -- 6/05/11

Anyone stick with this and watch both seasons?

Any good?

Love True Blood but couldn't get into Vamp Diaries and I am curious about this one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-12, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a very entertaining show. A bit convoluted at times, but still pretty good. I'm kind of upset about the new season, because one of the actors that has, probably, the juiciest storyline decided not to come back to the show. Kid could barely act, but still bummed that he won't be back. They'll have to do some serious inventive writing to overcome the unanswered questions in relation to his character.
Old 12-13-12, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by conscience
It's a very entertaining show. A bit convoluted at times, but still pretty good. I'm kind of upset about the new season, because one of the actors that has, probably, the juiciest storyline decided not to come back to the show. Kid could barely act, but still bummed that he won't be back. They'll have to do some serious inventive writing to overcome the unanswered questions in relation to his character.
He ran away? Isn't that exactly what happened?

It's decent summer fodder.
Old 12-13-12, 09:59 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts

I like Teen Wolf. I preferred S1 over S2 though. Episode count will be increased to 24 for S3.
Old 12-13-12, 10:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Anyone stick with this and watch both seasons?

Any good?

Love True Blood but couldn't get into Vamp Diaries and I am curious about this one.

Thanks in advance.
I share your same thoughts about those shows and I've found this show very entertaining. It took season one a bit to get going for me but once it was rolling I was hooked.
Old 12-13-12, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for all the opinions.

Going to give it a shot. Only $10 at BB but didn't get a blu release for some reason.
Old 12-13-12, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
He ran away? Isn't that exactly what happened?

It's decent summer fodder.
Easy way out, sure. But of all the characters he had the most mystery around him.
Old 12-13-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
Easy way out, sure. But of all the characters he had the most mystery around him.
The creators/writers have definitely learned there lesson about putting all their eggs in one basket. They've hired 6 brand new series regulars for season 3, which apparently is going to air 12 episodes in the summer 2013, a e-episode Halloween TV movie and 8 episodes in starting January 2014.

Personally I LOVED season one (this coming from someone that definitely prefers "True Blood" to "The Vampire Diaries") and really enjoyed season 2 (it does drag for about 4 episodes towards the beginning of the season, but evolves beautifully into the film stretch of episodes).
Old 12-14-12, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I like Teen Wolf. I preferred S1 over S2 though. Episode count will be increased to 24 for S3.
The show fell apart in season two. Inconsistent tone and pacing, not to mention some weird storylines. The basic ideas of season two seemed relatively decent to work with, but the writers put it all into a blender with one of the goofiest season finales I've seen from a decent show.
Old 06-03-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Teen Wolf -- Season 3 Thread -- Mondays (MTV)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

MTV's hit scripted series "Teen Wolf" is set to debut the first half of its supersized 24 episode third season on Monday, June 3 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Season three will pick up four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale's, when teen werewolf Scott McCall and his friends Stiles, Lydia and Allison begin their Junior year of high school unaware that a new threat has arrived in Beacon Hills: a deadly pack of Alpha werewolves intent on bringing Derek into their fold. As previously announced, season three will also feature several new faces in Beacon Hills, including: Ethan and Aiden as twin Alpha werewolves and played by Charlie and Max Carver; Gideon Emery as Deucalion, leader of the Alpha werewolves; Kali, an Alpha werewolf played by Felisha Terrell and Cora, a tough 17-year-old, who has ties to the Beacon Hills werewolf line, played by Adelaide Kane. This season will also mark the return of series stars Tyler Posey as Scott McCall, Crystal Reed as Allison Argent, Dylan O'Brien as Stiles, Tyler Hoechlin as Derek Hale and Holland Roden as Lydia Martin. The third season comes on the heels of a highly successful second season in which the show was the #1 cable series among P12-34 in its time period and averaged a 1.6 rating among P12-34, marking a 7-percent increase over season one.

Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iDjN5l7Pp1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FYI, this is a 24 episode 3rd season. 12 will air this summer. That back 12 will air early 2014.

The threads for season 2 weren't that active. I figured 1 will be enough to cover both parts of season 3. Looks like the Scavo twin brothers from Desperate Housewives are new to the show this season.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-03-13 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-03-13, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Teen Wolf -- Season 3 Thread -- Mondays (MTV)

I hate split season shows but at least they are doing 12 each split. If it is renewed, will it air again in summer 2014? If not they may as well call the 24 episodes 2 different seasons.
Old 06-03-13, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I hate split season shows but at least they are doing 12 each split. If it is renewed, will it air again in summer 2014? If not they may as well call the 24 episodes 2 different seasons.
It depends on how soon they air the back 12. If it's around January or February, then maybe I could see a 4th season airing next summer. Any later than that, forget it. Might as well consider the back 12 season 4.
Old 06-03-13, 11:05 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts

Haven't watched tonight's premiere yet, but the Scavo bros? Noooooo
Old 06-03-13, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
When the break is so long I have no idea why they call it the same season. What they ware talking about is really season three and four because the break between the same season will be even longer then most network shows to move on to a new season.
Old 06-04-13, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
When the break is so long I have no idea why they call it the same season. What they ware talking about is really season three and four because the break between the same season will be even longer then most network shows to move on to a new season.
It's the same Season. Season 3. California tax break gives them 24 episodes. Call it what you want, but it's Season 3. Plenty of shows take these breaks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.