DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Teen Wolf (MTV) - Series Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/566476-teen-wolf-mtv-series-discussion-thread.html)

Lone Wolf 12-14-09 11:09 PM

Teen Wolf (MTV) - Series Discussion Thread

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovie...-new-teen-wolf

My money is on this being a pile of shit. Maybe he'll even sparkle when he turns into the wolf. I expect even more vampire and werewolf shows and movies to start coming out of the woodwork now.

pelenor 12-14-09 11:16 PM

re: Teen Wolf (MTV) - Series Discussion Thread

The only werewolf show I'd be interested in would be a remake of "werewolf" tv series that aired on fox in the 80's. Now that was a great show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEAGEewAdlQ

My Other Self 12-15-09 12:25 AM

This will barely last 13 episodes.

sven 12-15-09 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 9890125)
This will barely last 13 episodes.

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?

bigjim25 12-15-09 01:45 AM

First Teen Wolf Too, now this. Back To The Future would've been a better show. You got a real attitude problem, mcfly, you're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here, he was a slacker too. :lol:

Howie2000 12-15-09 03:24 AM

At the very least I think it will do better then the short live Just One Of The Guys tv adaptation.

Eddie W 12-15-09 08:31 AM

This is surprising. I didn't even realize that MTV aired anything but reality shows about the downfall of humanity.

Gizmo 12-15-09 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 9890406)
This is surprising. I didn't even realize that MTV aired anything but reality shows about the downfall of humanity.

They are going to start airing episodes of Buffy next month. Phew.

Tom Creo 12-15-09 11:19 AM

WHy don't they start playing music videos instead of this shit?

Kicker_of_Elves 12-15-09 12:30 PM

Wouldn't that be great?

dx23 12-15-09 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9890544)
They are going to start airing episodes of Buffy next month. Phew.

Not only that, but they have turned into a rerun channel. Now they are showing reruns of Scrubs, South Park and Grounded for Life. Couldn't they actually fill those timeslots with something like music videos?!?

Gizmo 12-15-09 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 9890942)
Not only that, but they have turned into a rerun channel. Now they are showing reruns of Scrubs, South Park and Grounded for Life. Couldn't they actually fill those timeslots with something like music videos?!?

I like all those shows :up:

MTV playing music is dead. The "joke" was funny in like 1998 but now, its almost 100% reality crap.

pelenor 12-15-09 02:07 PM

The sad thing is I remember when they did play videos and had VJ's. Now I am so dating myself. Not trying to hijack the thread, but if MTV want's to be considered an actual cable station and not just a music one, then no longer have the MTV awards, which probably haven't been relevant in some time.

My Other Self 12-15-09 02:11 PM

At least in 1998 they had the good version of TRL which didn't have an audience and played complete music videos.

dx23 12-15-09 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9890964)
I like all those shows :up:

MTV playing music is dead. The "joke" was funny in like 1998 but now, its almost 100% reality crap.

I like those show too, but I don't know if you remember that the M on MTV stands for MUSIC. The reason why MTV became popular was because it showed music and music videos, not the same shows that every other channel is showing. Why did they have to change the formula and become like everyone else. Now they are even departing from showing reality shows all the time. Why can't they show fucking music videos?

Howie2000 12-16-09 04:31 AM

Because people can log onto a computer 24-7 and watch music videos of there choice commercial free.

Still it's kind of funny the channel is now a dumping ground for other Viacom product.

At least they have Jersey Shore though. My favorite new show in ages.

The Bus 12-16-09 09:23 AM

Showing music videos would lose them money. Simple as that.

chino77 12-16-09 02:47 PM

who would honestly sit and watch mtv like you did in the 80's and 90's? all the people bitching about mtv not playing vids...do you realize what crap they would play? it would be nothing like the good old days. besides like someone above said. you can watch any video you want anytime online.

Gizmo 12-16-09 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 9891071)
I like those show too, but I don't know if you remember that the M on MTV stands for MUSIC. The reason why MTV became popular was because it showed music and music videos, not the same shows that every other channel is showing. Why did they have to change the formula and become like everyone else. Now they are even departing from showing reality shows all the time. Why can't they show fucking music videos?

Isn't that why they made MTV 2 and MTV 3 for? I think those are no longer music either :lol:

UAIOE 12-17-09 02:44 AM

I miss M2 (MTV2), the obscure videos I got to see on that channel were fascinating.

Jason 12-17-09 06:45 PM

I just love MTV, they've always got their finger on what's fresh and relevant for today's kids!

ChrisHicks 12-17-09 07:30 PM

Is Kurt Loder still involved with the network?

Tom Creo 12-17-09 09:13 PM

Im sure the music industry could use the channel to showcase their product? It would be nice to see new videos and bands showcased. Even for a few hours (not the wee hours in the morning). Wouldn't they pay for advertisement and I don't know about you but I would rather see videos utilizing HD content and not over some crappy youtube posting.

DRG 12-18-09 08:55 AM

I can stomach a lot of 80s cheese, but for some reason I could never get into Teen Wolf. I think my problem is the concept is so over-the-top ridiculous, but the tone of the movie is just so flat. It's a premise that is begging to be played to extremes but the filmmakers decided to stage it all so matter of factly.

I can't imagine this remake to be good, but at least it's not like they are crapping on some classic. A turd for a turd, if you will.

nightwing82 12-18-09 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Creo (Post 9890716)
WHy don't they start playing music videos instead of this shit?

Because people wouldn't watch. YouTube is where music videos go now. There is no reason to wait for MTV to run a music video when you can find and watch it on demand in HD on YouTube. And, come on, MTV wouldn't be showcasing anything new, indie, or up-and-coming. They'd be playing all the populars from Britney Spears to Jonas Brothers anyway.