Search this Thread

Old 11-30-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Would I Think Of Suicide?" -- 11/29/09

Desperate Housewives

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Angie decides to leave Wisteria Lane with her family; Bree's affair with Karl becomes harder to hide, causing Susan to clash with Bree; Lynette's pregnancy puts her at odds with Gaby; and Mike and Katherine's argument turns hurtful.

Forgot there was a new episode last night until I saw it on my Tivo late last night after work. Here ya go!
Old 11-30-09, 01:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Desperate Housewives -- "Would I Think Of Suicide?" -- 11/29/09

All the missing kids made an appearance this week. Ana, MJ, and all the Scavos' spawn all made an appearance.

The Carlos/Lynette story is just stupid how everything is playing out.
Old 11-30-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuck Lynette. It's about time her actions have serious consequences.
Old 11-30-09, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a fan of Lynette either, but her storyline with Carlos is ridiculous and discriminatory at best and does much more to harm Carlos' character than Lynette's. I have no idea why the writers decided to make Carlos so vicious but I don't like it at all. There is no way this man can get away with having someone work in a broom closet - especially due to the revelation that Lynette is expecting. It makes sense for her to keep it a secret after the things Carlos told her in private about his bias against pregnant women. I'll be fast forwarding through the rest of this storyline. However, I still think that with the 5-year jump that Lynette is too 'mature' to be pregnant, especially without complications.

I'm also sick of Katherine's nutty behind. There is no coming back for her character and I hope that she's killed in next week's accident. Mike told her to stay away from his kid, and she had the nerve to technically kidnap him? As for Susan and Julie, it feels a little odd that after 3 episodes Susan still doesn't know that Julie was sleeping with Nick and Tom and Lynette have gone to the cops about him.

Angie mentioned 1991, which at first glance seems to be when Danny was born, but they are supposedly five years ahead of present day, so if she is referring to Danny's DOB, it should be 1996. And how is it that Juanita is older than MJ when MJ was born just before the 5-year jump and Gaby wasn't even thinking about being pregnant then.
Old 11-30-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Desperation is not attractive.
Old 11-30-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I think Gabby is taking it way too personal.....saying that Lynette is "suing us." No, she's suing the company that Carlos works for. And I highly doubt that Carlos would be the one served....particularly at home.
Old 11-30-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I did like the point Gabby made. She's a good enough friend to help get Lynette outta trouble with Carlos, but not a good enough friend to confide in.
Old 11-30-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

That's why you shouldn't hire your friends.
Old 11-30-09, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I did like the point Gabby made. She's a good enough friend to help get Lynette outta trouble with Carlos, but not a good enough friend to confide in.
I liked that point as well. That was one of the only things I liked about this episode. Things really seem to be going off the deep end with this show right now. There's nothing left to say about Katherine. In the final moments of last night's episode, her character was likely taken past the point of redemption. It's sad really because she was a breath of fresh air when she first arrived on the show. I've gone through this show's ups and downs, like season 2, but this latest downward spiral is the one that's making me reconsider whether I want to keep watching this show at all. I'm sure I will continue, since I've been watching since ep 1, but I'm betting there will be a lot of bitching.
Old 11-30-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting much too nasty, and not "fun" nasty.

I'm surprised we didn't get a Katherine bunny-boiling scene.
Old 11-30-09, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
It's complicated to tell one spouse a secret that they should keep from the other. But I think Lynette made a mistake in not telling Gaby from the start because there is no one else on that street I'd want on my side more than Gaby's feisty behind. Gaby has been known to fight Carlos tooth and nail for something she believes in, and she would've made sure that Carlos didn't mess with her.
Old 11-30-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Lynette was justified in not telling Gabby, since the first thing Gabby did was run and tell Carlos.
Old 12-01-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I was just bored with this episode. Why exactly were all the kids gathered outside the crime scene? Did that play odd for anyone else? It did not make any sense other than to finally put them all in a scene together. I didn't see a vigil set up there or anything.

Katherine's character is ruined beyond redemption now. Carlos is being cruel beyond any justifiable measure, and I understand feeling betrayed, but come on. Also, the way he forced her out was unbelievable even for this show. A highly favored executive gets booted for not performing an impossible and MENIAL task that could easily have been delegated to an intern? That just does not happen that way.