Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

White Collar on USA -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-09, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: White Collar -- "Flip of the Coin" -- 11/13/09

I dig Garrett since Deadwoods dual roles, and like seeing him in all the shows. Now I havent missed a bit of Burn Notice and dont remember him in there to save my life.

The show has been down hill since the pilot but I like that new chick and Acevedo needs to come out more.
Old 12-05-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
White Collar -- "Free Fall" (Fall Finale) -- 12/04/09

Spoiler:
The FBI probes a spectacular jewelry heist and all the clues point to Neal, putting Peter in the position of trying to figure out is Neal is pulling a con.

Sorry for the post-airdate thread, but I just watched this earlier and was hoping to see a thread for this specific episode.

Anybody else shocked by the ending?

Spoiler:
Peter is the one in the FBI who has been holding Kate? Really? I love Tim DeKay on this show, but I fear this revelation may cause it to jump the shark.

New episodes return Tuesday, January 19th at 10PM.
Old 12-05-09, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: White Collar -- "Free Fall" (Fall Finale) -- 12/04/09

Yeah, I hated the shocking ending. I was surprised, but I think it feels pushed. It feels like they were just giving us a reason to come back in January. I'm fine with him being the bad guy, but they should have eased us into it more.
Spoiler:
One of the reasons I like the show is the buddy relationship between Peter and Neil, but they kinda ruined that at the last second, and have changed the viewers image of the friendly feel good relation ship between the two.
There are definitely changing the shows direction though, which isn't a bad thing. It will no longer be the "con helps catch cons" type of show come January.
Old 12-05-09, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

/\ Agreed on all counts. The twist was too sudden. There were no indications made to the audience that this character could have ulterior motives, which feels really cheap to me. I fear the dynamic which draws me to this show has been totally spoiled now.
Old 12-05-09, 08:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. I dug the episode up 'til that point, but I'm not really sure how it can work from here.
Spoiler:
Even if it ends up being some kind of weird twist where he's only holding her to help Neil, I'm sure that will be a drawn out reveal that strains their relationship and makes the dynamic feel awkward.

I just can't see how it could work successfully, but I'll certainly tune back in in January and hope to be surprised.
Old 12-05-09, 11:48 PM
Banned

I agree, I was shocked at the ending, but I hope it wasn't just for the sake of shock and they are going somewhere good from here.

I'll be tuning in in January hoping for the best, like this show a lot.
Old 12-06-09, 10:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I was telling my friend I don't really see how the show will last longer than this season with a twist like that. The whole dynamic seems to have been thrown off.

That freefall Neal did out the window was slick though.
Old 12-07-09, 12:11 AM
Banned

I wonder if this show was designed for only one season. If it gets picked up, they'll work with whatever scenario is left at the end of S1 and move on from there. That way the writers can throw whatever they want into each script and have a lot of fun.

Does anyone know if the creators of this show are fans of Dario Argento, specifically the film, Tenebre? Whenever I see an episode, I'm reminded of the lead character from that movie, Peter Neal.

News:
White Collar Creator
Old 12-07-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked the episode until the end. In general this show has been a bit hit and miss with some real good plots and some absurd plots - I can't see it holding up very long without some improvement in consistency.

I wonder if the end was a "fake" twist where he's working with Neal's wife for the good of everyone involved. I liked the story arc of someone in the FBI is involved with Neal's wife, but this was absurd how far out of leftfield it came. (but not nearly absurd as the sentence structure that I just wrote )
Old 12-07-09, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm almost certain that there's nothing sinister about Peter hiding Kate. He's doing it for good reason, to protect her or Neil or whatever. He's not the villain.

I've liked the show a lot more than I thought I would. Probably about the same as Royal Pains, and more than In Plain Sight.
Old 01-08-10, 10:22 AM

Anyone else very excited for the series to come back on January 19th, a new night (Tuesdays)? I'm glad that hopefully we'll finally get an answer to that crazy finale. I for one have faith in Peter, that he's a good guy, and is only trying to help, but we'll see.
Old 01-08-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by harrydoyle
Anyone else very excited for the series to come back on January 19th, a new night (Tuesdays)? I'm glad that hopefully we'll finally get an answer to that crazy finale. I for one have faith in Peter, that he's a good guy, and is only trying to help, but we'll see.
I'm psyched for it to return, but I'm not crazy about the change to Tuesdays. I liked catching the rerun on late Friday night. The show just has a Friday feel.

I also have faith in Peter - I'm sure the writers have a plan, and won't make him a bad guy.
Old 01-08-10, 03:12 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I'm psyched for it to return, but I'm not crazy about the change to Tuesdays. I liked catching the rerun on late Friday night. The show just has a Friday feel.
Agreed -- this show worked well on Friday's and I wish it stayed.
Old 01-08-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Crap! I got way too much stuff to watch on Tuesday! Bring it back to the Friday wasteland!!!
Old 01-08-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Crap! I got way too much stuff to watch on Tuesday! Bring it back to the Friday wasteland!!!
Just set your DVR to record a re-air.

Problem solved.
Old 01-08-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My stupid Comcast DVR is too dumb sometimes, and if I make certain choices, it'll not record something else on Tuesday if I tell it to record both new and reruns. But I'll manage to catch it through manual intervention.
Old 01-10-10, 01:04 PM

I do not like the twist at all.. I saw it coming when Neal showed Peter the pictures of Kate. The relationship between Neal, Peter and Peter's wife is what makes this show interesting. The entire dynamic has been thrown off and I don't know where they are going to take the show from here...
Old 01-10-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Am I hoping too much for them to kill off Kate? I tired of Neil's devotion to her, especially since we really didn't get much of their love story to explain such devotion.
Old 01-10-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For anyone interested in cathing up with the first 7 episodes, USA is running them back-to-back Saturday January 16th starting at 9AM EST.
Old 01-14-10, 02:43 PM

I don't want them to kill Kate off, it be too soon. At least wait a season or two until getting rid of her. She's that main reason Neal is motivated to really help out in anyway and the reason he wants to stay out of jail. If she were dead, I feel like he wouldn't care if he was in jail for the rest of his life.
Old 01-19-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
White Collar -- "Hard Sell" -- 01/19/10 -- New Night

White Collar

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Neal and Peter go undercover to take down a corrupt group of Wall Street brokers. If the mission fails, Neal's deal with the FBI could be negated.

Back from hiatus. Tuesday's will be it's new night.
Old 01-19-10, 02:24 PM

Re: White Collar -- "Hard Sell" -- 01/19/10 -- New Night

Glad to have it back (even though I prefer it be on Friday's).
Old 01-19-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Best episode of the series so far. This had the same feel of the pilot, which I loved. I'm glad they resolved the Peter/Kate thing in one episode instead of dragging it out.

I still wish they put it on Fridays, but I'm glad it's back!
Old 01-20-10, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Best episode of the series so far. This had the same feel of the pilot, which I loved. I'm glad they resolved the Peter/Kate thing in one episode instead of dragging it out.
Agreed -- great episode last night. Will be curious to see the ratings difference now that it's on Tuesday's.
Old 01-21-10, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode. I'm glad they resolved the Peter/Kate situation without it feeling like a cheap last-minute switch of character. I did appreciate how they stalled Peter's explanation just long enough for the viewer to question his actions for this one episode. The exchanges between Neal and Peter before Peter fessed up were great!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.