Pushing Daisies -- "Window Dressed to Kill" -- 5/30/09

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Pushing Daisies -- "Window Dressed to Kill" -- 5/30/09

Originally Posted by big whoppa
And ABC didn't promote it either.

That's what it was for me. I had no idea they were showing this until I saw the thread here on dvdtalk pretty much on the same day it aired.
Old 06-03-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched it online earlier tonight and have to say it was awesome. Made me really miss the show again. The ratings and lack of promotion prove ABC couldn't give two shits about pleasing the audience. I'm sure more people would have tuned in if they had done some promotion for it, like in the beginning. Again, since ABC didn't stand to gain a lot financially, who cares about whether the fans would know it was on. ABC is the "snob" network and FOX is run by a crew of clueless simpletons who have no decision making ability whatsoever. Why else would you cancel something like Family Guy? On the other hand, ABC wants to claim to air innovative television, but basically cancel shows with imagination that receive critical acclaim.
Old 06-06-09, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think I have been hooked into a show so much as this one. My daughter and I were so excited for the return, but we were so sad while watching it while at the same time replaying bits and pieces to find all of the little visual cues/writing snippets that completely charm us (cmon "The Double Negative - What you shouldn't not know")

Oh and Olive's reference to her large boobs was "gold".
Old 06-07-09, 02:24 PM

I love this show so much, however for some odd reason I have never stayed awake during an entire episode. I always fall asleep and have to watch it 3 or 4 times before I can make it all the way through.

Not watching it in several months made me forget certain storylines, too. I was thinking "why are Chuck's aunt and mom so happy about Ned being with Olive?" then I remembered that they think she's dead. Also, I may have missed this part in falling asleep :-) but what happened to Chuck's dad? Is he dead again?
Old 06-08-09, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mraw
I love this show so much, however for some odd reason I have never stayed awake during an entire episode. I always fall asleep and have to watch it 3 or 4 times before I can make it all the way through.

Not watching it in several months made me forget certain storylines, too. I was thinking "why are Chuck's aunt and mom so happy about Ned being with Olive?" then I remembered that they think she's dead. Also, I may have missed this part in falling asleep :-) but what happened to Chuck's dad? Is he dead again?
I think Olive bonded with the Aunts when she brought the pies to them. As far as I remember, Chuck's dad was never revived unless I missed something.

I fell asleep watching the episode from the other night. I think it is a combination of the narration and the soothing music, because it certainly isn't for a lack of interest.
Old 06-08-09, 07:51 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Also, I may have missed this part in falling asleep :-) but what happened to Chuck's dad? Is he dead again?
He took Ned's car and left.

... and no that Lila has taken Emerson's car... how are they going to get around?
Old 06-08-09, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
I think Olive bonded with the Aunts when she brought the pies to them. As far as I remember, Chuck's dad was never revived unless I missed something.

I fell asleep watching the episode from the other night. I think it is a combination of the narration and the soothing music, because it certainly isn't for a lack of interest.
I remember Olive forming a very tight bond with the aunts, but at first I thought "why are they so happy about Olive being with Chuck's man?" forgetting that the aunts believe that she's dead.

For me, it must be the music and colors because I feel like I've had a cap of NyQuil whenever I watch that show. I still love it.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
He took Ned's car and left.

... and no that Lila has taken Emerson's car... how are they going to get around?
Thanks, I needed that lol! I have no idea how they are going to tie that up this week (Chuck's dad). The good thing about this show for me is the fact that I'll have to watch each epsiode several times in order to take in all the sight gags and storylines etc. It's the kind of show where I can watch it over and over and still not remember the ending (or at least how they got to the ending). Even in its demise I still have a lot of things to experience with this show.
Old 06-08-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by boc4ever

Ooooh, yeah. You missed it.
Old 06-08-09, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Right :-) Charles was walking around like it was his birthday. I just didn't know what became of him.
Old 06-08-09, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Right :-) Charles was walking around like it was his birthday. I just didn't know what became of him.

Right. Yeah he took off into the wild blue yonder.
Old 06-08-09, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know one thing, I'm gonna miss close up shots of Chenowith's gorgeous face.

Old 06-08-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol...which episode was that? The last one? I feel like an ass because I have no idea about Chuck's dad. Can somebody fill me in, in spoilers? Thanks!
Old 06-08-09, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know one thing, I'm gonna miss close up shots of Chenowith's gorgeous face.

Totally agreed. I think she is way hot, but my wife said she looks "old." That could be because Chenowith is my age in real life and my wife is the same age as Anna Friel. So I guess that means I look "old" to my wife. Reality sucks.
Old 06-08-09, 09:22 PM

Right. Yeah he took off into the wild blue yonder.
I have no idea how far he could've gotten with a face looking like Thriller night...