Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is 'Kings' (NBC) cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Is 'Kings' (NBC) cancelled?

It wasn't on last Saturday and I was checking my dvr and noticed that it's not set to record this Sat. Then I went to tv.com to check it out and they only have the episodes listed up to that last one that aired (4/18). Does anyone have any more information on this?

edit...I guess I should have phrased my title differently. I know it's as good as cancelled, but are they going to air the remaining episodes?

Thanks
Old 04-29-09, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Is 'Kings' (NBC) cancelled?

They are going to air the rest starting in June, but I'm pretty sure that it's not coming back for another season. Sucks, as I'm a big fan of Ian McShane and Dylan Baker.
Old 04-30-09, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay thanks...I'll leave the series on my dvr then and hope it finds it. It's been a long time since I started watching and liking a network show, so I guess it makes sense that it's being cancelled. The only other new show I'm digging right now is The Unusuals. Hopefully that sticks around...it doesn't hurt that their lead-in is Lost.
Old 04-30-09, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Okay thanks...I'll leave the series on my dvr then and hope it finds it. It's been a long time since I started watching and liking a network show, so I guess it makes sense that it's being cancelled. The only other new show I'm digging right now is The Unusuals. Hopefully that sticks around...it doesn't hurt that their lead-in is Lost.
Lost isn't that great of a lead-in. Lost pulls okay ratings (if it were on CBS it would already have been canceled) but it never seems to help out the show following it. I think NBC announces its schedule for next season on Monday, will know Kings fate then.
Old 04-30-09, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Kings isn't coming back. NBC is essentially burning off the remaining produced episodes. I know some of you enjoyed this show, but realistically I just couldn't see a serial drama about a fictionalized modern day monarchy working with mainstream viewers hence the crappy ratings. Plus, I didn't think it was a good sign when this show launched in Mid-March with it's episodes running into the summer.
Old 04-30-09, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't only supposed to be 13 episodes anyway? Hopefully there will be some closure at the end. And BTW, when it comes back in June it will still be on Saturdays.
Old 04-30-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It sucks that no one cares about NBC anymore, or this show... Even the first episode didn't pull great numbers and it just declined from there (which I can see, since the first 2 hour ep was the least engaging one but has been getting better since)... hopefully they'll still air the last eps but renewal is never going to happen.
Old 04-30-09, 02:30 PM

It comes back June 13 and finishes July 25 with the 13th Episode. Still Saturdays at 8pm.
Old 04-30-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bkates
It comes back June 13 and finishes July 25 with the 13th Episode. Still Saturdays at 8pm.
thanks for the info