Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "An Invisible Thread" -- Season 3 Finale -- 4/27/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Heroes -- "An Invisible Thread" -- Season 3 Finale -- 4/27/09

i have defended this series from day one but that was the stupidest finale i have ever seen...

Spoiler:
i understand the logic of keeping nathan alive but they should have killed him after everything was said and done.... this was stupid. now stupid ice girl is back, nathan is dead but not dead and everyone is kind of in limbo with this problem of sylar. He started annoying me as well. He might as well touch a cross and become jesus or another god figure..
Old 04-27-09, 09:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 270 Likes on 205 Posts

ugh, can't wait until the one or two moments every episode next season where Sylar almost remembers who he is.
Old 04-27-09, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ thats exactly what i am trying to get at
Old 04-27-09, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate that they kept Sylar alive. He is just too powerful. Its ridiculous.
Old 04-27-09, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I enjoyed the finale. Although ... anyone else ever read the Exiles comic book?
Old 04-27-09, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I have finally gotten to the point that I am just bored with the whole thing. It is a chore to get thru episodes and I hate the characters I once loved. They need to pretty much kill off everyone and start over fresh.
Old 04-27-09, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
I can't believe that Nathan has "died" in all three finales now without actually dying. Ridiculous.
It's not really a finale unless Nathan dies.
Old 04-27-09, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now that I have closure about the season arc, I can finally stop watching this show. It was a stupid ending, kind of a copy of the Ocean 11 ending
Old 04-27-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

I wonder what was up with that newspaper that Nathan/Sylar was reading at the end. Did anyone else notice that it was all the same "story" over and over again?

Fuller spoiled it a few weeks ago that Ali Larter wasn't done. She was also plugging the show last week. I wondered all episode when she was going to show up.
Old 04-27-09, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MJG87
Sorry, but that was disappointing for me. Maybe it was the way it was executed or something but wow, the last few minutes were lame. So Sylar is now actually "Nathan" and Matt now has the power to control and inject memories from who knows where? What? My head hurts
No, the memories were the ones Sylar collected from all the objects he touched of Nathan's via the ability to know the entire history of an object by touch, and taking those memories and making them his own.

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
He can only hold one, he said in the car he took shapeshifting,
What the hell? Why didn't he take Sylar's ability and suck up multiple? That sucks. And what the hell happened to the Crimson Arc amping people's abilities? Shouldn't he be able to supercharge Pete so he can hold more than one? Or pull a Fabian Cortez on Hiro so he doesn't bleed out every time-stoppage?

Still, loved this episode and direction, mainly because now, feasibly, we can honestly say that EVERY possible future we've seen may indeed come to pass. The future where Sylar loves Pete may be real because he bonded with him when they were brothers. The future where Sylar/Nathan is President may be real. Who knows?
Old 04-27-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ugh. That whole Sylar/Nathan imprinting just left a bad taste to my mouth.

At least that tear from Tracy proved life-affirming after all (as I had suspected).
Old 04-27-09, 11:19 PM

You killed Nathan! You Bastard!
Old 04-27-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Can anyone explain to me why Sylar did not die when Noah shot him in the back of the head when he was in the shape of the agent and then again when Danko stabbed him in the back of the head? My only guess is that his ability to shapeshift and reconstruct himself allowed him to move the sweet spot somewhere else (as evidenced with the formation of his new tooth). Anybody?
Sylar said he moved the "sweet spot" thanks to his shape shifting.
Old 04-27-09, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So is this the end of Nathan or the end of Sylar? It was better than most, but it was an end to a weak Volume 4.
Old 04-28-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bleh. Every bit as dumb as I was expecting. I'm surprised they pulled the "epic battle behind closed doors" bs again; showing Sylar vs. Nathan and Peter would at least have offered some sort of payoff. I think I'll sell my S1 DVDs and try to forget I ever watched this show.
Old 04-28-09, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought Peter would be able to take all of Sylars powers, not just one again, Hiro needs time freeze and teleportation, Nathan is dead, Sylar with his memories does not give him Nathans soul, no big fight, they need a larger budget, it was a smart move, just not as flashy, fun to see what happens next season, I was really hoping Sylar would be DEAD for good, you know this is going to come back some day.
Old 04-28-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sylar is more powerful than ever and is gonna try to become President. What do you do? Send in the flying brothers! No need to use all the heroes even though they were all in the episode. Ando's powers are much better used when he just projects the red energy in his hands to look at. And they couldn't possibly show a real fight the glowing lights and sound effects from the behind the door were cool. Ah, but what do you expect? According to Forbes magazine this show is only in the top 10 of shows that make the most advertisment dollars. What kind of budget could this show have when it makes over 2 million dollars an half hour?
Old 04-28-09, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 749 Likes on 612 Posts

I liked this episode and it was better than the last couple of shows

if they got rid of Angela Petrelli I would not mind.

Is Danko going to return next season?

In the minority here but I actually wished there were more shows.
Old 04-28-09, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The clock thing would have been a much better cliffhanger at the end of next season.
Old 04-28-09, 03:13 AM
Cool New Member

Funny how Bennett didn't remember that he was brought back from the dead using Claire's blood. Instead, he gets Parkman to magically turn Sylar into Nathan.

I sure hope a full season of Bryan Fuller can help right this show as it started off so well...
Old 04-28-09, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tr0n
Funny how Bennett didn't remember that he was brought back from the dead using Claire's blood. Instead, he gets Parkman to magically turn Sylar into Nathan.
I thought of that the second he was dying, Bennett was shot in the face (eye) he was kind of dead, so why not the same for Nathan?

And it is still Sylar that does not remember who he is, a few memories does not make him Nathan, so the entire thing feels really weird.

Yes, I enjoy this show and wish to see more, they just have some issues, liking plot holes, things that make little sense and for some reason not showing a real fight.
Old 04-28-09, 06:23 AM

That was an odd episode. Certainly had some surprises, but I wouldn't call it a great finale. I agree that the main thing missing from this episode was the Sylar-Peter & Nathan fight scene. I suppose the budget didn't allow them to do so.

So was that the third sister we saw? Or was it Tracy now having a new ability? My guess is that Tracy is dead and this is the final clone.

Nathan is dead, but Sylar is now Nathan. That's somewhat cool but lame at the same time. I didn't see this coming at all, and it's probably done to have the threat of Sylar coming back at all times.

As for the Claire healing Noah thing, was he dead at that point or almost dead? I forget. Because Nathan seemed dead from Ma's reaction. I guess they "had" to go on with the Sylar-Nathan plan since they were out of syringes... Damn! There's never a good drug addict when you need one.

And was that mentioned that Peter only took one or could only take one of Sylar's ability? I missed that.

And to close off, why the hell not just kill Sylar and have Peter shapeshift into Nathan when need be? Meh.
Old 04-28-09, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know I said I was going to skip the finale, but I ended up tuning in to the last half hour out of morbid curiosity. Okay, NOW i'm officially done with this show. The whole "oh noes," Hiro won't be able to eff with time anymore just came off as very forced for the sole purpose of neutering his power for future storylines.

The Peter/Nathan/Sylar fight behind closed doors? I don't care if your budget sucks. At least show them breaking stuff and what not. That just came off as insulting to the viewer. (We really know you've been wanting to see this, but screw you, again!)

Don't get me started on the Nathan/Sylar switch, ughhhhhh...

And can someone PLEASE post a GIF of Mama Patrelli's reaction to Nathan's third death? "Noooo, nooooo!" I don't think I've ever laughed during this show as hard as I did at that moment. Just the most cringe-inducing "acting" I've ever seen.
Old 04-28-09, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a shitty finale. When Nathan died, I was in shocked that they might actually kill a main character. Instead they fucking bring him back somehow. How long is that gonna last before Sylar is back?
Old 04-28-09, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Heroes
Did we ever determine who that girl is behind Sylar?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.