Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- Day 7 -- "2:00am to 3:00am" -- 4/20/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Twenty Four (24) -- Day 7 -- "2:00am to 3:00am" -- 4/20/09

^----I am tired of all these green psa's during 24, but I am very happy she's coming back next year.
Old 04-23-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

A personal observation about the seizure Jack had at the end of the hour:

I have never seen anyone have a seizure, and do not know if the way Keifer portrayed it is anywhere near accurate or not, but from my perspective it was absolutely convincing... particularly the way he used his eyes to portray his helplessness at that moment.

When I saw that, I immediately flashed back to the S1 finale. Jack is on the dock, getting ready to make contact with the Drazens to get Kim back, when Teri calls him and tells him that the Coast Guard has found Kim's body. The weight of the entire day (remember, Jack was just Joe-CTU when that day began) came crashing down on him and he collapsed in grief. And as Jack was sobbing, you could see a change come over him, as the grief turned in an instant to homicidal rage. In fact, there's a moment where you can read exactly what Jack is thinking just as he looks up towards the Drazen "warehouse" as he decides to head back to the SUV to load-up. All of this was done wordlessly, just with body language and facial expressions.

It was in that S1 moment that I realized what a superb actor KS is and how perfect the casting of him in the lead role was. I've thoroughly enjoyed 24 over the years, because even during those times when it was merely cliché, KS shined.

Last night was another of those moments.

Keifer Sutherland.
Old 04-23-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
That is the first of these I've seen. Do they run during the commercial breaks? My wife and I Tivo-skip right through the breaks, and I'm kinda glad for that.

Too bad they don't do what they do on Fringe, where they tell you exactly how many times you need to press the Skip+30 button when they go to break.
Old 04-24-09, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i liked when jon voigt asked that lawyer "are you threatening my family"? and she responded with something like "no, we're just ensuring their safety"