Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
In Plain Sight -- Season 2 Premiere -- "Gilted Lily" -- 04/19/09

Mary and Marshall

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

A witness's death pulls Mary out of administrative leave in the second-season premiere. While working on the case, she also must cope with her post-traumatic stress disorder.

With the normal network TV season winding down, I'm glad we are getting some quality cable shows to fill the time. This along with Leverage was one of the best new cable shows to premiere last year.

Really looking forward to Season 2. Frederick Weller is a riot as Marshall and I love Mary McCormack.

BTW, Cristian De La Fuente who played Mary's on and off again boy toy Rafael is now a series regular in season 2.
Old 04-19-09, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: In Plain Sight -- Season 2 Premiere -- "Gilted Lily" -- 04/19/09

Oh forgot to mention, we are getting 16 episodes for season 2.

If USA doesn't split the season, these episodes should last into August.
Old 04-19-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
we are getting 16 episodes for season 2.
Can't wait.
Old 04-20-09, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk God

So anyone watch tonight? I thought it was an okay episode. It was really good seeing all the characters again since last summer. The case itself about the family and the poisoned coins was a little silly.

Overall, the episode was very subdued in nature due to Mary still suffering from PTSD after the kidnapping from last season and covering for his stupid sister. Mary wasn't her usual firecracker self. Jinx and Brandi took a back seat in this episodes, which was good. I don't mind either character that much now as they started to grow on me a little as last season progressed. I am interested in seeing how the writers integrate Brandi into season 2. Obviously she has alot of ghosts in her closet from her days in Jersey and her dead boyfriend.

I was happy Bobby D again and loved that he and Marshall bonded while Mary was away.

I can't remember what happened to Rafael last season. Is he in Spring Training?

I thought it was funny when Marshall was relieved that he didn't have to boss Mary around anymore once Stan put her back on duty.

With this and Burn Notice and possibly Royal Pains, I think USA is going to be a fun place this summer.

The preview for next week looks good and hopefully Mary will be back to her usual self.

Sorry that alot of you watched that shitty, horribly animated cartoon on FOX. My suggestion, give In Plain Sight a chance if you haven't watched it.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-20-09 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-20-09, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The funny part with the ballplayer is that the actor was on Brothers and Sisters tonight, and his character said he was a former baseball player. I thought that was pretty funny.
Old 04-20-09, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheKing
The funny part with the ballplayer is that the actor was on Brothers and Sisters tonight, and his character said he was a former baseball player. I thought that was pretty funny.
That's very ironic since both shows were essentially competing against each other in the same time period.
Old 04-20-09, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the tense bit with the kids playing hide and seek and nearly touching the poisoned coins. Reminded me of the Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode, "Bang, Your Dead," where Billy Mumy is walking around with a real gun that everyone thinks is a toy gun and points it in their faces. When they realize the real gun is missing, it's a mad scramble to find the boy before the gun is discharged.
Old 04-21-09, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad that this was back. I liked the plot of this one a lot and every episode Mary McCormack gets better and better.

It's really interesting now that she's dealing with some ptsd, I'm interested to see that continue to pop up, maybe hurting her from doing her job?